1 minute ago, Mousse said:

Got Waitlisted for SLP, but got into Audiology for Western:)!! Just waiting on uOttawa! 

same... I'm still waiting at uOttawa's response... urgh haha the wait is killing me 

Congrats everyone who has been admitted! 

To those of you who have been waitlisted, keep your chins up! Looking at the responses and people's signatures here, it looks like many people who've been admitted to a school have been admitted to many, so I anticipate a lot of people will be declining some of their offers so there's likely to be a lot of waitlist movement a few weeks from now when it's closer to the initial deadline! 

To those of you not admitted or waiting to hear back, please try not to be too hard on yourself. This is an incredibly difficult process and you've worked super hard to even get here, so please allow yourself the time to be proud of all you've accomplished. If you apply again next year, I wish you the best of luck, and if I can remember I'll try to stick around on the forums to offer any insight about this process/wherever I end up :)  If you'd like to know stats or anything from me, or to perhaps have someone to talk to about this or anything else in the world my inbox is open. 

Does anyone know what size Western's program is? I just got a rejection email and it said they had 535 applications!!! That makes me feel slightly less bad about not getting a spot, although I'd even be thrilled with a waitlist position at this point ?

Just now, UnderLing21 said:

Does anyone know what size Western's program is? I just got a rejection email and it said they had 535 applications!!! That makes me feel slightly less bad about not getting a spot, although I'd even be thrilled with a waitlist position at this point ?

I got rejected too. Pretty disappointed:( 

I was also rejected from western, but feeling less bad after the email about how many applicants they got this year, holy cow. Massive congrats to all of those who got in :)

2 minutes ago, neuroling said:

I was also rejected from western, but feeling less bad after the email about how many applicants they got this year, holy cow. Massive congrats to all of those who got in :)

how many?!! I haven't received their email yet. Sorry about the rejection but congrats on Alberta! I've heard nothing but great things about their program :)

Just now, DreamingofSpeech said:

how many?!! I haven't received their email yet. Sorry about the rejection but congrats on Alberta! I've heard nothing but great things about their program :)

Thanks, I'm super excited! They got 535 applicants this year :) 

9 minutes ago, UnderLing21 said:

I got rejected too :( On ORPAS it says that there are 50 positions! 

9 minutes ago, neuroling said:

Thanks, I'm super excited! They got 535 applicants this year :) 

WOW. Last year on my waitlist email it was just over 400 I believe. That was to be expected with COVID I suppose. Best of luck to you in your program :)

Just now, DreamingofSpeech said:

WOW. Last year on my waitlist email it was just over 400 I believe. That was to be expected with COVID I suppose. Best of luck to you in your program :)

Thank you!! That's a huge jump, wow. I imagine waiving the clinical requirements opened many doors for people too, which is cool! Here's to a very diverse round of SLPs :) 

For those who got into U of T, do you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, you should be proud of yourselves :) To those who were unsuccessful this year, you should also be proud because you worked your ass off DURING A PANDEMIC!!! God has a plan for every one of you and you will get to where you want to be!!!

1 minute ago, speechie97 said:

For those who got into U of T, do you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, you should be proud of yourselves :) To those who were unsuccessful this year, you should also be proud because you worked your ass off DURING A PANDEMIC!!! God has a plan for every one of you and you will get to where you want to be!!!

Feel free to message me, I don't mind sharing :)