10 minutes ago, onaspeechcrayz said:

Guys! Can you please help me disprove my theory that if you get accepted to Ontario schools (UofT, McMaster and Western) you hear back at midnight. But if you get rejected or waitlisted you hear during the day. 

Does anyone know someone who got the acceptance during the day of April 1st and not at midnight?

yeah that will be very helpful especially if someone applied to Ottawa U PLZ :( 

7 minutes ago, onaspeechcrayz said:

Guys! Can you please help me disprove my theory that if you get accepted to Ontario schools (UofT, McMaster and Western) you hear back at midnight. But if you get rejected or waitlisted you hear during the day. 

Does anyone know someone who got the acceptance during the day of April 1st and not at midnight?

If you've activated your Student ID at Western, you could see your admissions decision right at midnight (accepted, rejected, waitlisted) through student.uwo.ca

I've only ever been rejected or waitlisted, so I got the actual email for both UofT and Western during the day on April 1. My ORPAS also stayed blank (under choices/offers). Maybe acceptances appear on ORPAS right at midnight? I'm not sure. 

Just now, SLP2020!! said:

Is anyone else not able to login into their online application portal with Dal? I’ve tired a few times today and it’s saying the page is unresponsive.

Just curious if this is happening to anyone else!

I managed to but I did notice a message at the top saying that they were dealing with technical issues

Does anyone else's portal for Dalhousie still not show them as having all of your documents? They sent an email to me a while back saying everything was approved and sent along, but it hasn't actually been updated on the application portal as being received.

Edited by hopingforslp

1 minute ago, hopingforslp said:

Does anyone else's portal for Dalhousie still not show them as having all of your documents? They sent an email to me a while back saying everything was approved and sent along, but it hasn't actually been updated on the application portal as being received.

Yeah, same!!

23 minutes ago, hopingforslp said:

Mine also says not all documents have been received and I had my admission letter sent out. Also to note - they say response by April 15th just like the other schools so I would imagine all of their communiqué will happen soon

2 hours ago, Terre-neuvien said:

I just got my acceptance from Dalhousie!! 1:20 NDT

Congrats, that's awesome! Do you mind if I ask whether you applied for the thesis one or not? I'm curious if that might affect the order they send them out in. Also thanks for saying Dal is asking for a response by April 15th as well, that definitely makes me suspect they'll send the rest in the next little bit as well! :) 

10 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Do you get an email from U of A if you are waitlisted? Or do they just update your portal as "waitlisted" in place of pending? 

I think in past forums I've seen that they've also sent waitlist emails, although without going back to check I can't be 100% sure (and also it might be different this year). 

Also, my portal was never updated to show they've received everything, either. But past forums seem to show they often don't update that even after all the responses have been sent out, so email is your best bet for being contacted :)

12 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Congrats, that's awesome! Do you mind if I ask whether you applied for the thesis one or not? I'm curious if that might affect the order they send them out in. Also thanks for saying Dal is asking for a response by April 15th as well, that definitely makes me suspect they'll send the rest in the next little bit as well! :) 

I did not apply to the thesis one! Though this reply had me going through all of my documentation to make sure I submitted the correct application, lol

44 minutes ago, Speechies22 said:

Has anyone received any updates from ubc yet?

No they seem like they have been really inconsistent with when they notify people over the past couple years which makes it so hard to know! 

Just now, SLPapplicant22 said:

me too please!

3 minutes ago, SLPThreadGirl said:

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats and are you from the East coast? You can message too if you don't feel comfortable sharing in the forum. 

Thank you!! I'm from Ontario, and got my undergrad in Cognitive Science and did an honours project (kinda like a thesis). Last summer I received a research grant/scholarship and then I took a year off and have been working as a research assistant. I did a bunch of volunteering with an SLP as well. I'm not too sure what my GPA is on the 4.0 scale but I have an 11.4/12 on a 12 point scale. Good luck to you guys! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer to hear back :)

2 minutes ago, Livslp2021 said:

Thank you!! I'm from Ontario, and got my undergrad in Cognitive Science and did an honours project (kinda like a thesis). Last summer I received a research grant/scholarship and then I took a year off and have been working as a research assistant. I did a bunch of volunteering with an SLP as well. I'm not too sure what my GPA is on the 4.0 scale but I have an 11.4/12 on a 12 point scale. Good luck to you guys! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer to hear back :)

Looking at your signature, congrats on going 3/3 for your applications, that's super impressive! And that also sounds like you've had some awesome experiences as well. Out of curiosity, do you have any idea which uni you're leaning towards accepting? I haven't yet made up my mind about my top choices and am curious what others think, lol.

(side note, based on the GPA scale and major you mentioned, I think we may have gone to the same uni, haha) ? 

14 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Looking at your signature, congrats on going 3/3 for your applications, that's super impressive! And that also sounds like you've had some awesome experiences as well. Out of curiosity, do you have any idea which uni you're leaning towards accepting? I haven't yet made up my mind about my top choices and am curious what others think, lol.

(side note, based on the GPA scale and major you mentioned, I think we may have gone to the same uni, haha) ? 

23 minutes ago, Livslp2021 said:

lol @coco_SLP I was thinking the same thing about the program and major. I think we may have gone to the same uni as well!! 

Congrats on getting into all 3 schools @Livslp2021