1 hour ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Congrats! ??

Wild... on a Sat?!? 

May I ask your stats (if you're willing please)? I'm DYING overhere ?

Thank you:) I was super surprised to hear on a Saturday! I have taken 2 directed research courses, volunteer in a different lab and received a research scholarship last spring/summer. I have volunteer experience related to SLP as well as other volunteer experience. My subGPA was a 3.81. Good luck, I hope you hear soon!!!

I received my acceptance from UofA today too ? 2pm in Ontario, I guess Vicki is working overtime?! ? 

Also third time's the charm holy... honestly for those who are applying for their second or third time, try applying to more schools across Canada and the US!!

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances thus far, I hope everyone has good news coming later this week!!

I was just wondering if there was anyone on here who goes to Dal or knows anyone that goes to Dal that could answer some questions for me, even if you don't feel free to share your input. I recognize that Dal is an additional year because it doesn't require any prereqs. I'm really interested in going to Dal, something about the school & the city but I'm worried that I will be bored during the first year (if its similar to other schools prereqs) and I don't want to waste a years worth of tuition. I guess my question is, do you think the extra year is worth it to go to Dal??

Looking forward to hearing your opinions. Thanks!

1 hour ago, 2021speechie said:

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances thus far, I hope everyone has good news coming later this week!!

I was just wondering if there was anyone on here who goes to Dal or knows anyone that goes to Dal that could answer some questions for me, even if you don't feel free to share your input. I recognize that Dal is an additional year because it doesn't require any prereqs. I'm really interested in going to Dal, something about the school & the city but I'm worried that I will be bored during the first year (if its similar to other schools prereqs) and I don't want to waste a years worth of tuition. I guess my question is, do you think the extra year is worth it to go to Dal??

Hi! I don't go to Dal or know anyone in the SLP program, but my sister went there for 4 years for nursing and graduated about 2 years ago (and still lives in Halifax) so if you have any questions about the school in general, city, etc. feel free to PM me :)

For me personally, I think I place Dalhousie last on my list not only because it's 3 years, but it's also much more expensive than the other programs. Additionally, they seem to not release responses til April/May anyway, so given how late that is and that I've heard from schools, I'm far more likely to pick a school I've already heard from than to wait out on it. However, going into this process, I said that if Dal were the only school I received an admittance to, I definitely still would have gone, as it is a great school and Halifax is a pretty nice city as well.

Edited by coco_SLP

2 hours ago, 2021speechie said:

Hi!

I am in my first year at Dalhousie - sent you a message :)

Also if anyone else is wondering about the program at Dalhousie feel free to send me a message!

53 minutes ago, Speechiepeach said:

Is anyone else incredibly anxious for April 1st! The next 3 days are going to be slow ?

Yes! There are rumours that UdeM will send out offers on Wednesday or Thursday, and I'm torn because I really want to find out but at the same time I'm very scared it'll be a rejection...

Edited by Miya

2 hours ago, coco_SLP said:

Hi! I don't go to Dal or know anyone in the SLP program, but my sister went there for 4 years for nursing and graduated about 2 years ago (and still lives in Halifax) so if you have any questions about the school in general, city, etc. feel free to PM me :)

For me personally, I think I place Dalhousie last on my list not only because it's 3 years, but it's also much more expensive than the other programs. Additionally, they seem to not release responses til April/May anyway, so given how late that is and that I've heard from schools, I'm far more likely to pick a school I've already heard from than to wait out on it. However, going into this process, I said that if Dal were the only school I received an admittance to, I definitely still would have gone, as it is a great school and Halifax is a pretty nice city as well.

Thank you so much for your input & I appreciate the offer about talking to your sister! :) I agree it's frustrating that they send out responses so late! I think I would really love the school - I'm mostly just worried the extra year of tuition wouldn't be worth it.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, speecht21 said:

Hi everyone! I received my offer to UofA last night at 5:50pm (in Edmonton)!! 

haha I'm so stressed over mine ! 

Edited by rmaam

12 hours ago, Luck26 said:

Me checking this forum repeatedly even though I know I won't hear anything until April 1st at the earliest. ? ? ? 

urghhh same ! I also have an oral presentation for one of my class on Thursday so my stress level is up !!! It's not April Fools but April Stress hahaha 

Guys! Can you please help me disprove my theory that if you get accepted to Ontario schools (UofT, McMaster and Western) you hear back at midnight. But if you get rejected or waitlisted you hear during the day. 

Does anyone know someone who got the acceptance during the day of April 1st and not at midnight?

Edited by onaspeechcrayz