53 minutes ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

Does anyone know anything about when Alberta is sending acceptances out? Was hoping it would be soon like in previous years. Also, is Dal sending out offers April 1st too? Or have they been known to do it later than that?

Dal has not specified to my knowledge and has historically been all over the map. Last year they sent out some acceptances with no prior word after april 15, but hopefully that was just an adjusting-to-covid thing

21 minutes ago, neuroling said:

Dal has not specified to my knowledge and has historically been all over the map. Last year they sent out some acceptances with no prior word after april 15, but hopefully that was just an adjusting-to-covid thing

They had something missing from my file the other day and they just broadly said "April" when I asked, haha.

For those on the waitlist at McGill, when I signed up for the Open House I asked them how many people typically get placed on their waitlist not really expecting to get a response, but they actually replied with this: "Hi thank you for registering for our open house! We noticed that you had a question about the waitlist. We typically place 20-30 applicants on the waitlist. It is ranked as per the outcome of our file review. Looking forward to seeing you at the open house. " I'm so happy someone was finally willing to give us some information about McGill's waitlist! It isn't as long as I had feared. Hopefully this also brings some reassurance to the rest of you on the waitlist as well! Good luck to everyone! 

3 hours ago, Miya said:

Last night I dreamed that UdeM contacted me for an interview because they needed additional information. The struggle of waiting is real... Now I obsess even in my dreams ?

OMG! I'm having weird dreams too! Can time just speed up?

On 3/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, Wuglette said:

For those on the waitlist at McGill, when I signed up for the Open House I asked them how many people typically get placed on their waitlist not really expecting to get a response, but they actually replied with this: "Hi thank you for registering for our open house! We noticed that you had a question about the waitlist. We typically place 20-30 applicants on the waitlist. It is ranked as per the outcome of our file review. Looking forward to seeing you at the open house. " I'm so happy someone was finally willing to give us some information about McGill's waitlist! It isn't as long as I had feared. Hopefully this also brings some reassurance to the rest of you on the waitlist as well! Good luck to everyone! 

how many do they accept again?

13 hours ago, 2021speechie said:

I know it was 27 last year, I'm not sure of the exact number this year but definitely around there.

Do you know where to find that info?
I remember coming across a website where they listed how many applied and how many were accepted for universities across Canada (for PT, OT, and SLP) but I've lost track of it. I wanted to share with a friend who's looking to apply! Thanks :)

5 hours ago, SLPen said:

Do you know where to find that info?
I remember coming across a website where they listed how many applied and how many were accepted for universities across Canada (for PT, OT, and SLP) but I've lost track of it. I wanted to share with a friend who's looking to apply! Thanks :)

Hey! I could only find a website on ORPAS with all the Ontario schools that talked about how many applied/accepted for OT/PT/SLP (https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-program-requirements/). But, I found a different website with a very helpful spreadsheet for most of the SLP programs in Canada (https://reachforthespeech.com/slp-spreadsheet/). 

Edited by Wuglette

Not super relevant right now, but I just went to Dal's website to check something else and they've already updated it for the 2022 admissions cycle, and starting next year they won't require the GRE anymore. Just thought this was interesting and wanted to point it out, in case anyone here will be applying there next year as well! 

It also makes me wonder if they don't put high value on it this year, although that's just me pondering something and obviously isn't actual information.

Find it here -> https://www.dal.ca/faculty/health/scsd/scsd-admissions-info/scsd-frequently-asked-questions.html

21 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Not super relevant right now, but I just went to Dal's website to check something else and they've already updated it for the 2022 admissions cycle, and starting next year they won't require the GRE anymore. Just thought this was interesting and wanted to point it out, in case anyone here will be applying there next year as well! 

It also makes me wonder if they don't put high value on it this year, although that's just me pondering something and obviously isn't actual information.

Find it here -> https://www.dal.ca/faculty/health/scsd/scsd-admissions-info/scsd-frequently-asked-questions.html

Right? I saw this yesterday and my bank account cried out after spending so much on GRE and its prep! I'm also on the opposition of standardized tests so I'm thrilled to see it go away as an admission standard for schools like Dal.

5 minutes ago, Terre-neuvien said:

Right? I saw this yesterday and my bank account cried out after spending so much on GRE and its prep! I'm also on the opposition of standardized tests so I'm thrilled to see it go away as an admission standard for schools like Dal.

Yeah! It's an expensive enough process as it is, plus that extra expense and stress...yikes. 

It turns out UAlberta won't be requiring it for Fall 2022 admissions anymore, either. Welp, too late now, but good to know for future applicants! 

UAlberta says it here -> https://www.ualberta.ca/communications-sciences-and-disorders/programs/msc-in-speech-language-pathology/admissions/admission-requirements/index.html

Edited by coco_SLP

1 hour ago, coco_SLP said:

Yeah! It's an expensive enough process as it is, plus that extra expense and stress...yikes. 

It turns out UAlberta won't be requiring it for Fall 2022 admissions anymore, either. Welp, too late now, but good to know for future applicants! 

UAlberta says it here -> https://www.ualberta.ca/communications-sciences-and-disorders/programs/msc-in-speech-language-pathology/admissions/admission-requirements/index.html

This is beyond cruel lol ?

SO much stress and many tears shed over prepping for the GRE. Better have been worth it ?

15 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Apparently the admissions deadline for U of A 2022 applications has changed to Jan 15 also! 

Oh wow, I wonder if they're feeling really pressed for time this year then. Thanks for pointing that out!

43 minutes ago, neuroling said:

Oh wow, I wonder if they're feeling really pressed for time this year then. Thanks for pointing that out!

I was always curious why they had their deadline so much later than the other schools out east. Perhaps they are all trying to create a systematic approach for the sake of consistency. ? 

Personally, I'm surprised they couldn't just create one online system to upload all your references, personal statement, CV, and transcripts, and pay one fee per school applied to. ?‍♀️ Would be A LOT simpler IMO. 

11 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

I was always curious why they had their deadline so much later than the other schools out east. Perhaps they are all trying to create a systematic approach for the sake of consistency. ? 

Personally, I'm surprised they couldn't just create one online system to upload all your references, personal statement, CV, and transcripts, and pay one fee per school applied to. ?‍♀️ Would be A LOT simpler IMO. 

Schools in different provinces have such individuality complexes that I doubt this would ever happen also remember its complex for the students not for the schools so they have very little incentive to change (haha). I think its definitely harder in grad programs like this where it is so common to apply to lots of schools.

17 minutes ago, Luck26 said:

Schools in different provinces have such individuality complexes that I doubt this would ever happen also remember its complex for the students not for the schools so they have very little incentive to change (haha). I think its definitely harder in grad programs like this where it is so common to apply to lots of schools.

Truth. 

I'm just wishful thinking... I detest bureaucracy ??

8 hours ago, Wuglette said:

Hey! I could only find a website on ORPAS with all the Ontario schools that talked about how many applied/accepted for OT/PT/SLP (https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-program-requirements/). But, I found a different website with a very helpful spreadsheet for most of the SLP programs in Canada (https://reachforthespeech.com/slp-spreadsheet/). 

Wow yes that's it! Thank you so much. That spreadsheet is perfect. I appreciate it :)

Just now, MiaSLP said:

Does anyone know anything about the movement of McGill’s waitlist? I’m pretty shocked there’s only 20/30 people on it compared to Western who has 100 on their list. I’m assuming there isn’t much movement ?

I don't know much about their movement, but I'm going to assume it has to do with program size. While McGill's class size is under 30 students, it makes sense that their waitlist is smaller than Westerns is, who have a class size of 50. I also think Western's waitlist is abnormally large proportionately compared to most schools, and so for students in the 3rd or 4th quadrant on the waitlist chances are quite slim. Based on past forums I've seen people in the 2nd quadrant who never got in. 

1 minute ago, MelissaFuture SLP said:

Anyone else feeling anxious with this wait? It's killing me!!!! We are so close to the finish line everyone!

Yes! Definitely. I'm happy to have heard back from McGill so far, but still antsy to hear from others! Especially the schools that don't have a set date on when they'll be sending offers out. 

8 hours ago, MiaSLP said:

Does anyone know anything about the movement of McGill’s waitlist? I’m pretty shocked there’s only 20/30 people on it compared to Western who has 100 on their list. I’m assuming there isn’t much movement ?

I'm in the 2020 McGill cohort and got off the waitlist quite late in the summer (I think around July)! I would say don't discount the possibility of moving up on the waitlist and potentially getting offered a spot. I also feel like it's better not knowing your exact position on the waitlist, because good news can come when you least expect it! :)

11 hours ago, corinthians1614 said:

I'm in the 2020 McGill cohort and got off the waitlist quite late in the summer (I think around July)! I would say don't discount the possibility of moving up on the waitlist and potentially getting offered a spot. I also feel like it's better not knowing your exact position on the waitlist, because good news can come when you least expect it! :)

Thanks for sharing this information! :) Would you mind sharing how many people are in your cohort? I was able to find some information that stated that McGill's program had about 27 spots, but it's been hard finding any information provided directly from McGill, so I am not sure if that number is outdated or not.