Has anyone heard from McGill today? In past years, they've reached out to accepted applicants starting the second Wednesday of March.

4 minutes ago, slpgenie said:

Has anyone heard from McGill today? In past years, they've reached out to accepted applicants starting the second Wednesday of March.

Not till next week apparently: (I didn't apply but I hope this helps)

On 3/8/2021 at 12:38 PM, SLP2020!! said:

Hello Everyone!

For those who applied to McGill, my coworker graduated from McGill speech last year and one of her friends who is still in the program told her applicants will find out next week!

Just thought I would let everyone know so you're not constantly checking your email this week like me :)

Hey everyone, 

McGill updated their website that they will be hosting their annual prospective students day on March 27th. Typically by that time they've usually sent out all of the acceptances, rejections, and waitlists around a week prior. I know we're all pretty confident they'll be sending them out this week or next so this isn't super surprising news, but nonetheless I thought I'd draw attention to this for those who might be interested :) I had checked this yesterday and it said date TBA, but now they've put one up.

https://www.mcgill.ca/scsd/channels/news/virtual-prospective-students-event-2021-27-march-1300-1400-329416

Edited by coco_SLP
change wording

2 minutes ago, Wuglette said:

I just got an email from McGill saying that I am on their waitlist, and my status changed on uApply. Does anyone know if McGill will disclose where on the waitlist applicants are? 

Oh wow, thanks for the update! This makes it all feel real right now! Also congrats on making it onto the waitlist, I know a direct acceptance is ideal but you still have a good chance if you're on the waitlist! I'm not sure about if they disclose waitlist positions though, sorry.

I haven't heard from them and I just checked uApply and it still says "In Review". 

Edited by coco_SLP
edited

1 minute ago, MiaSLP said:

Me too! They’re asking to accept the waitlist offer on uApply but I won’t be infront of a computer untill 4pm - do you think they need a response sooner than this? 

You should be fine! When I went to accept the waitlist offer it said that I had until April 15th to respond. Good luck! :) 

12 minutes ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

Congrats to those who have been waitlisted for McGill! I still haven't heard anything from them so I'm really anxious. Anyone know when we can expect to hear for certain?

I haven't heard anything either! And usually they send them within a couple days or a week (last year they contact people on the 11th and 16th) but in the past they've also typically sent the acceptances first, followed by waitlists and rejections, so I'm not 100% certain. But either way, we should probably know within a week for certain would be my guess!

14 minutes ago, wuglifelmao said:

Seems odd that they are sending waitlist emails first this year, or is that normal for some schools?

(I haven't heard anything yet so may be overthinking haha)

This really confused me too, lol. 

Edited by Wuglette

3 minutes ago, wuglifelmao said:

Seems odd that they are sending waitlist emails first this year, or is that normal for some schools?

(I haven't heard anything yet so may be overthinking haha)

I also find this a bit strange! Perhaps they're in the process of calling people as well, and that takes longer? I'm not sure. In the past they've typically done either acceptances first, or done acceptances and right after/almost simultaneously did waitlists and rejections. I've heard of schools sending out all 3 at the same time so all responses go out at once, but I've never heard of waitlists going first. 

I haven't heard back yet, so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad one ? either way, it means they've made their decisions so I imagine we'll find out soon enough

2 hours ago, coco_SLP said:

I also find this a bit strange! Perhaps they're in the process of calling people as well, and that takes longer? I'm not sure. In the past they've typically done either acceptances first, or done acceptances and right after/almost simultaneously did waitlists and rejections. I've heard of schools sending out all 3 at the same time so all responses go out at once, but I've never heard of waitlists going first. 

I haven't heard back yet, so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad one ? either way, it means they've made their decisions so I imagine we'll find out soon enough

Oh my gosh. There goes all my concentration today ? best of luck everyone ?

Just now, MiaSLP said:

For those of you waitlisted at McGill, I asked them about the waitlist and they said they are unable to tell us where we are on the list :( 

Thanks for asking! Did they mention at all how many people are on the waiting list? It's frustrating that they can't provide us with a bit more information! 

1 minute ago, Wuglette said:

Thanks for asking! Did they mention at all how many people are on the waiting list? It's frustrating that they can't provide us with a bit more information! 

I didn’t ask the total number :( just if we could know our current position! I feel like they wouldn’t of told me anyways... 

37 minutes ago, MiaSLP said:

I didn’t ask the total number :( just if we could know our current position! I feel like they wouldn’t of told me anyways... 

Ya I asked how many people were waitlisted and how many people from the wait list usually get accepted and they said that they couldn't tell me

1 minute ago, SpeechGirl1212 said:

Those of you that got on the McGuill waitlist, congratulations! Do you mind sharing some of your stats? Might ease some stress of others who are still waiting for an acceptance or rejection :) 

I’d love to know as well! PM me if you prefer :)

Edited by Guest