6 hours ago, slp20210 said:

Hi there! 

Just wanted to say hello. Currently waiting for responses from McGill and OttawaU ☺️.  Kinda confused with McGills process haha but yeah I still havent received anything. 

Does anyone know when OttawaU usually comes out with responses?

Good luck to everyone!!

Hey! I think Ottawa usually send out responses on April 1st like all the other Ontario schools, but last year I guess they were behind and it seems like they emailed all the applicants saying that their decision would be delayed until April 7th. Since we haven't heard anything from Ottawa this year, I'm hoping that we will still hear from them on April 1st! :) (I'm so sick of all this waiting, lol!) Good luck to you too!

Hey guys, anybody else feeling super anxious for April 1st? I can't seem to focus on anythingggg going on in my life besides application results. I keep obsessively checking Western's portal page even though I know I won't find out until April 1st lol. My birthday is also coming up in a week and normally I'm really excited about my birthday (especially this year when we have nothing else to celebrate due to the pandemic), but the stress of finding out whether I got into Western or not is absolutely killing me... so much so that I impulsively cut 12 inches off of my 4-year long grown hair lmao. Anyways, I hope everyone is keeping healthy during this time! A couple of more weeks and we'll have our decisions! Good luck to everyone :).

Also, congratulations to everyone who has been accepted or waitlisted to any university so far! It's an amazing achievement and I hope you all are very proud of yourselves! For the others (myself included), let's keep our heads high and hope for the best! Remember, everything happens for a reason :). Cheers!

38 minutes ago, SunshineSpeechie said:

Hey guys, anybody else feeling super anxious for April 1st? I can't seem to focus on anythingggg going on in my life besides application results. I keep obsessively checking Western's portal page even though I know I won't find out until April 1st lol. My birthday is also coming up in a week and normally I'm really excited about my birthday (especially this year when we have nothing else to celebrate due to the pandemic), but the stress of finding out whether I got into Western or not is absolutely killing me... so much so that I impulsively cut 12 inches off of my 4-year long grown hair lmao. Anyways, I hope everyone is keeping healthy during this time! A couple of more weeks and we'll have our decisions! Good luck to everyone :).

Also, congratulations to everyone who has been accepted or waitlisted to any university so far! It's an amazing achievement and I hope you all are very proud of yourselves! For the others (myself included), let's keep our heads high and hope for the best! Remember, everything happens for a reason :). Cheers!

Haha I'm in the same boat, with a birthday coming up as well ? with no clue when most of the schools I applied to are going to release their results I literally feel like I spend most of my time during the day checking my email, or thinking about checking my email. It's a rough time but I keep thinking that I've waited this long, I can stick it out for a couple more weeks. I hope that helps you too. Best of luck, and happy early birthday :)

Edited by neuroling

1 hour ago, neuroling said:

Haha I'm in the same boat, with a birthday coming up as well ? with no clue when most of the schools I applied to are going to release their results I literally feel like I spend most of my time during the day checking my email, or thinking about checking my email. It's a rough time but I keep thinking that I've waited this long, I can stick it out for a couple more weeks. I hope that helps you too. Best of luck, and happy early birthday :)

I haven't had a productive day since the end of February. I kinda wish it would be a "times flies" situation but honestly I am expecting the next couple weeks to feel so long haha.

1 hour ago, Luck26 said:

I haven't had a productive day since the end of February. I kinda wish it would be a "times flies" situation but honestly I am expecting the next couple weeks to feel so long haha.

Oh god this is too real haha. Excuse me while I go cram for my next exam because studying's been so damn hard ?‍♀️?

I got accepted to McGill on Friday! Still in shock, really! Best of luck to everyone that is waiting - I know I am waiting on a lot of my higher choices by April 1st. 

I know someone was asking about stats so, I have about a 3.7 cGPA, 50 hours of volunteer experience with SLP, research in language development, 3 years of teaching experience (left the profession to pursue SLP), and I'm fluently bilingual (BA French/Ling).

Best of luck to everyone that is applying to these schools. We will persevere!

Has anyone else not heard anything back from McGill? I haven't received any update so I assume I am definitely not accepted. Just wondering if anyone else's application still says "Under Review?" I did not receive a rejection email today though I noticed others did, and my status on the application site has not changed. Wondering if maybe something went wrong with my application or if others are in the same boat!

5 minutes ago, gradschoolhopeful21 said:

Has anyone else not heard anything back from McGill? I haven't received any update so I assume I am definitely not accepted. Just wondering if anyone else's application still says "Under Review?" I did not receive a rejection email today though I noticed others did, and my status on the application site has not changed. Wondering if maybe something went wrong with my application or if others are in the same boat!

I also haven't heard anything and my application is still "Under Review"!

5 minutes ago, gradschoolhopeful21 said:

I also havnt heard anything yet, and my status is still in review. I kind of just assumed I am not accepted, but its stressing me out that I have not gotten any email back yet

4 minutes ago, speecht21 said:

I also haven't heard anything and my application is still "Under Review"!

you are def not alone. It's indeed very late this year. My bestie told me last year she received results from McGill and Toronto in the first week of March. But I haven't heard from either one 

4 minutes ago, Nicol.O said:

I also havnt heard anything yet, and my status is still in review. I kind of just assumed I am not accepted, but its stressing me out that I have not gotten any email back yet

Yes same boat here I am wondering if they are sending out rejections in waves? This is a very effective form of torture. I want them to put me out of my misery.

2 minutes ago, Luck26 said:

Yes same boat here I am wondering if they are sending out rejections in waves? This is a very effective form of torture. I want them to put me out of my misery.

me too. At this point even rejection is a relief. This grad result waiting experience feels like being put on hood for too long by my crush and eventually I just lost interest (meanwhile me: *still refreshing gradcafe 30 times per day for update*)

1 minute ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

Does anyone know anything about when Alberta is sending acceptances out? Was hoping it would be soon like in previous years. Also, is Dal sending out offers April 1st too? Or have they been known to do it later than that?

U of A said "end of March to early April" this year as per Vicki. The new process they have in place this year is likely making the selection process more drawn out. 

7 minutes ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

Does anyone know anything about when Alberta is sending acceptances out? Was hoping it would be soon like in previous years. Also, is Dal sending out offers April 1st too? Or have they been known to do it later than that?

On 3/9/2021 at 11:26 AM, SpeechieWannaB said:

Sooooo... I emailed Vicki (using an alias and a new Gmail account to keep it anonymous?) and it looks like a longer wait is confirmed. We can all stop incessantly checking emails for a little while.... 

Screenshot_20210309-110637_Samsung Internet.jpg