5 minutes ago, Streblo said:

Congratulations! Did you get an email, a call, or did they update your portal (or all of the above)? 

Any chance you would be willing to share your stats/first letter of your last name?

I got a portal message about needing to update an transcript from 2019 for a course I took at another university and that I’d get an email soon. I got the official letter a few minutes later. 
For sure! I don’t mind my last name starts with S. I got my B.Ed in 2020 and after being waitlisted I decided to take on a diploma in ESL last fall. I’ve worked as an RA for the past three years and also volunteering in various labs. I think that really helped alongside my student teaching experiences. My gpa calculation was a little strange because I had practicum courses in my last two years so I think I barely met 3.5 last year. That’s probably why I was waitlisted last year. I think taking on more coursework and the removal of competitive GPA helped me this round. 

Hi everyone! Excited to join in and say I received an acceptance to UAlberta! I figured I would go ahead and share my stats since a lot of people have been asking :) Im finishing up a B.Sc-Kin and applied with about a 3.7 sGPA, and around a 3.5 cGPA I think (can't remember..sorry!). I've worked with people who have disabilities in both a direct support and activity coordination role. I've also worked with children who have autism in their skill development. As for SLP honestly I don't have much experience (around 10 hours total). For the GRE I had verbal 148, quant 154 and writing 4.5. Hope that helps. Congrats to everyone who has received an acceptance so far this year!

5 minutes ago, MelissaFuture SLP said:

Hey! Congrats on the acceptance, well deserved!! I was wondering what time you recieved your email? 

I got it the portal message at 3:01 and the official email at 3:04. 

56 minutes ago, SLPhopeful127 said:

I got a portal message about needing to update an transcript from 2019 for a course I took at another university and that I’d get an email soon. I got the official letter a few minutes later. 
For sure! I don’t mind my last name starts with S. I got my B.Ed in 2020 and after being waitlisted I decided to take on a diploma in ESL last fall. I’ve worked as an RA for the past three years and also volunteering in various labs. I think that really helped alongside my student teaching experiences. My gpa calculation was a little strange because I had practicum courses in my last two years so I think I barely met 3.5 last year. That’s probably why I was waitlisted last year. I think taking on more coursework and the removal of competitive GPA helped me this round. 

48 minutes ago, hopingforslp said:

Hi everyone! Excited to join in and say I received an acceptance to UAlberta! I figured I would go ahead and share my stats since a lot of people have been asking :) Im finishing up a B.Sc-Kin and applied with about a 3.7 sGPA, and around a 3.5 cGPA I think (can't remember..sorry!). I've worked with people who have disabilities in both a direct support and activity coordination role. I've also worked with children who have autism in their skill development. As for SLP honestly I don't have much experience (around 10 hours total). For the GRE I had verbal 148, quant 154 and writing 4.5. Hope that helps. Congrats to everyone who has received an acceptance so far this year!

Congrats to both of you!!!! ?

I bet this TOTALLY made your weekend! ? 

I doubt that it is alphabetically related at all, but what were your last initials please (if you don't mind)? 

Hi all, I also just received an email telling me to check my portal and it says I've been offered a conditional offer to the program! I'm still in my 4th year so I'm assuming that's why it's conditional, since I have some courses to finish, but I'm super happy for this!

8 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Hi all, I also just received an email telling me to check my portal and it says I've been offered a conditional offer to the program! I'm still in my 4th year so I'm assuming that's why it's conditional, since I have some courses to finish, but I'm super happy for this!

Congratulations! :) what time did you receive your email? 

10 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Congrats!! Are you from Edmonton?

34 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Congratulations! Are you willing to share the first letter of your last name? 

17 minutes ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

I’m definitely confused with UofA.. last year they did acceptances all within an hour but this year it’s been 4.. so are they doing rolling again?

I hope so .. it doesn’t seem like many people heard back today.  I guess now we will have to wait until Monday for more answers :( 

22 minutes ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

I’m definitely confused with UofA.. last year they did acceptances all within an hour but this year it’s been 4.. so are they doing rolling again?

3 minutes ago, SpeechST said:

I hope so .. it doesn’t seem like many people heard back today.  I guess now we will have to wait until Monday for more answers :( 

My nightmare is that they all went out today but not as many applicants are active here as last year, and I'm holding out hope for nothing ?

6 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

My nightmare is that they all went out today but not as many applicants are active here as last year, and I'm holding out hope for nothing ?

Yeah, it feels mean (although I know that it's not actually personal haha) that they started on a friday 

4 hours ago, SpeechST said:

Congratulations! :) what time did you receive your email? 

Hi! I received an automated message telling me there was a new message on my portal to check at 6:46p.m. Ontario time (so 4:46pm Edmonton time) so I did and I could see it in my portal messages there! I then received an email from Vicki with a letter attached like 5 minutes later! So since the automated message came a few minutes before the one from Vicki to me, I wonder if they might have to be going one by one, and so that might explain why it's taking a bit since they need to update everyone's portals and send them an email once that step is done? Just a guess! So since there are nearly 60 people admitted I can see why that would take a while, if that is how they're doing it. 

4 hours ago, MelissaFuture SLP said:

Congrats!! Are you from Edmonton?

I am not! I'm from Ontario and also go to school here.

4 hours ago, Streblo said:

Congratulations! Are you willing to share the first letter of your last name? 

Hi! My last name begins with a C.

2 hours ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

It definitely seems like they could be doing it this way! I think in the past they've sometimes done them over one or two days, sometimes in different weeks (sort of like McGill did last year). Hopefully everyone else will hear on Monday!

2 hours ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

I imagine they probably have to send more out, since Vicki is sending emails and I received mine just before 5pm Edmonton time I imagine I was probably one of (if not the) last one of the day. For comparison there were between 5-8 or so people on here who got accepted to McGill this year (out of a class size of under 30) and so considering UA accepts nearly 60, I'd imagine they're not done yet and more people from here will hear back! 

4 hours ago, SLPPPPwannabe said:

I am guessing a bit here but I will point out that it does seem like something is different this year than last year, given that last year they had their choices ready by ~March 9 and this year when they were contacted closer to March 10 Vicky said that they hadn't actually started reviewing.

Obviously I'm not totally objective since I'm really hoping to hear back later but idk, I wouldn't expect them to play by last year's rules this year either. I hope that helps give you a tiny bit of peace of mind as we go into what will undoubtedly feel like a very, very long weekend. Good luck :)

Edited by neuroling

8 hours ago, neuroling said:

I am guessing a bit here but I will point out that it does seem like something is different this year than last year, given that last year they had their choices ready by ~March 9 and this year when they were contacted closer to March 10 Vicky said that they hadn't actually started reviewing.

Obviously I'm not totally objective since I'm really hoping to hear back later but idk, I wouldn't expect them to play by last year's rules this year either. I hope that helps give you a tiny bit of peace of mind as we go into what will undoubtedly feel like a very, very long weekend. Good luck :)

This could definitely be it! When I got my email from Vicki yesterday, it had a Word document attached with a title/content specific to my name and application, so I'm guessing she's having to manually send each individual an email (and send a separate portal message) so this could definitely be taking a bit as well as there are lots of applications to go through. 

Nonetheless, I ache for your frustrations and really hope that they'll be able to get the rest out on Monday for you all to know!

11 hours ago, coco_SLP said:

Hi! I received an automated message telling me there was a new message on my portal to check at 6:46p.m. Ontario time (so 4:46pm Edmonton time) so I did and I could see it in my portal messages there! I then received an email from Vicki with a letter attached like 5 minutes later! So since the automated message came a few minutes before the one from Vicki to me, I wonder if they might have to be going one by one, and so that might explain why it's taking a bit since they need to update everyone's portals and send them an email once that step is done? Just a guess! So since there are nearly 60 people admitted I can see why that would take a while, if that is how they're doing it. 

I am not! I'm from Ontario and also go to school here.

Hi! My last name begins with a C.

It definitely seems like they could be doing it this way! I think in the past they've sometimes done them over one or two days, sometimes in different weeks (sort of like McGill did last year). Hopefully everyone else will hear on Monday!

I imagine they probably have to send more out, since Vicki is sending emails and I received mine just before 5pm Edmonton time I imagine I was probably one of (if not the) last one of the day. For comparison there were between 5-8 or so people on here who got accepted to McGill this year (out of a class size of under 30) and so considering UA accepts nearly 60, I'd imagine they're not done yet and more people from here will hear back! 

Thanks for your insights, and congrats on your offer!!!! ?? 

Praying that you are correct on your reasoning! I thought it was pretty odd for them to send out acceptances that late in the day on a Friday... but EVERYTHING seems like it is upside down this year ?

Hopefully "Spring Break" with my kiddos can help to keep my mind occupied for the weekend? 

20 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Thanks for your insights, and congrats on your offer!!!! ?? 

Praying that you are correct on your reasoning! I thought it was pretty odd for them to send out acceptances that late in the day on a Friday... but EVERYTHING seems like it is upside down this year ?

Hopefully "Spring Break" with my kiddos can help to keep my mind occupied for the weekend? 

I don't think it was that late (at least for me), I had my admission letter by 11am Edmonton time, and the portal message was a little earlier. So it was in the morning, I would say. I'm guessing they have 9-5 hours?

But it definitely is a different kind of year! So much is not the same, and I think to add they're sending them out individually and that's taking tons of time. I do wonder if they chose to send the letters out to the people who needed to submit updated transcripts first (like myself), so as to allow the transcripts a few days (the weekend) to send to them. That way, when they submit the recommendations for admission to the FGSR, applicants like myself don't stall the process? Just a guess! Maybe that's why you're receiving later notice - they just need less work to submit your papers?

At any rate, for now sit tight, you got this. Please enjoy the spring break with your kiddos! :) I'm feeling like quality time next year when you're in a program will be quite scarce!

42 minutes ago, slpeventually127 said:

Hi everyone, I received my U of A offer this morning at 8:27 MST and I am super excited!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to you all! Hope to meet some of you this fall at U of A:) 

Congrats! ??

Wild... on a Sat?!? 

May I ask your stats (if you're willing please)? I'm DYING overhere ?