2 minutes ago, SLPen said:

I was going to go last year but I think it was cancelled because of the pandemic unfortunately!
I'm going to be there tomorrow though :)

I figured it would've been impacted because of covid, but wasn't sure if they did an online version instead. Thanks for the info! I'll see you tomorrow then :) 

32 minutes ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

Was hoping to hear from Alberta this week but nothing yet! I hate this waiting game... can't wait for it all to be over next week lol

Same here! I'm so tired of waiting and stressing, and not having a definitive end date is killing me. The vague "April" answers from schools are brutal. Like we know Western lets everyone know April 1st, but will we hear from others April 2nd? April 14th? Later? Aaaaagh! 

38 minutes ago, Wugs said:

Hey y'all!!!!!! I just heard back from Alberta! I'm over the moon!

33 minutes ago, Wugs said:

Thank you so much! I received an email and a message on Portal.

Congrats, that's great news! :) Mine still says "Under Review" and I haven't been contacted or anything, but it's good to know they've made some decisions and the rest of us will likely hear soon! 

47 minutes ago, Wugs said:

Hey y'all!!!!!! I just heard back from Alberta! I'm over the moon!

YAY! That's amazing! Congrats! Sounds like things are finally rolling there. Hopefully everyone else hears very soon!

5 minutes ago, SpeechST said:

Does anyone know if Alberta sends them out slowly throughout the day? Or is it typically all at the same time?

Based on past forums, sometimes it's taken them several days to send them out, so if you haven't heard from them by the end of today don't get your hopes up yet! I believe decisions for people receiving scholarships/funding have to be made sooner than the rest, so there's a chance that might partly explain it. But I think until we heard back for sure it's okay to still have some hope :) 

1 hour ago, SpeechST said:

Congratulations!! :) Did you receive a phone call or e-mail?

17 minutes ago, SLPapplicant22 said:

Congrats!!!! I was wondering what your stats are? If you don't mind me asking! You can also private message if that's better. I'm just super nervous!!!

Thank you so so much. This is my first acceptance, as McGill and McMaster were both no-go's.

Yes!! I'd be happy to, I'm going to private message you right now. :)

17 minutes ago, JennSed said:

YAY! That's amazing! Congrats! Sounds like things are finally rolling there. Hopefully everyone else hears very soon!

Thank you so much for being such a big source of support in this process! I'll never forget your encouragement :)

5 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Has your portal changed?! 

Congrats!!!! 

Not yet! I received a message through the applicant messages section to submit some documents, and that they'll email me my letter (which they did). I guess the portal takes a while to update!  

1 minute ago, Wugs said:

Not yet! I received a message through the applicant messages section to submit some documents, and that they'll email me my letter (which they did). I guess the portal takes a while to update!  

Thanks for the update!!! 

Superbly jealous, but I know it's well deserved! Enjoy the moment!!!! ?❤ 

May I ask your stats (if you're willing to share)? 

5 minutes ago, Wugs said:

Congrats!!! Did you get a notification you had a message in the portal? Could you message me as well, please? 

1 minute ago, SLPhopeful127 said:

Hey everyone! I just heard back from UofA! ? I’m a second time applicant and I didn’t make it off the waitlist last year. 

Congratulations! Did you get an email, a call, or did they update your portal (or all of the above)? 

Any chance you would be willing to share your stats/first letter of your last name?

Edited by Streblo