Hello everyone! I am a long time reader but first time poster. Congrats to everyone who is receiving offers and for those who have not yet, there is still hope!! I received an acceptance offer from U of A on Saturday morning!! I wanted to ask, does anyone know how to accept the offer from U of A?The letter attached to the acceptance email I received says there is a button in the applicant portal to either accept or decline but I don’t see it in my portal? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, onaspeechcrayz said:

lol @coco_SLP I was thinking the same thing about the program and major. I think we may have gone to the same uni as well!! 

Congrats on getting into all 3 schools @Livslp2021

Haha that's too funny! I wonder if any of us have taken classes together before. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you ever wanna chat, haha. 

1 hour ago, SpeechieDream said:

Hello everyone! I am a long time reader but first time poster. Congrats to everyone who is receiving offers and for those who have not yet, there is still hope!! I received an acceptance offer from U of A on Saturday morning!! I wanted to ask, does anyone know how to accept the offer from U of A?The letter attached to the acceptance email I received says there is a button in the applicant portal to either accept or decline but I don’t see it in my portal? Thanks!

Congrats! ?? 

Would you mind sharing stats?

Hey!

I want to say congratulations to all those who have received acceptances, it is well deserved. For those still waiting to hear back, hang on tight we got this. 

As April 1st is slowly creeping around the corner I'm both anxious and excited!! Since I live in BC I will most likely will find out my applications result at 9:00 pm PST on Wednesday, but I don't know if I'm the only one that's gonna do this, but I don't think I will check until Thursday morning. Mainly because no matter what the verdict is I will not sleep the night I check. Hopefully my curiosity doesn't get the better of me and I can hold off until the morning but I don't know at this point!

Good luck to everywhere still waiting to hear back!!

Pav!

6 minutes ago, Loki_Odinson said:

Hey!

I want to say congratulations to all those who have received acceptances, it is well deserved. For those still waiting to hear back, hang on tight we got this. 

As April 1st is slowly creeping around the corner I'm both anxious and excited!! Since I live in BC I will most likely will find out my applications result at 9:00 pm PST on Wednesday, but I don't know if I'm the only one that's gonna do this, but I don't think I will check until Thursday morning. Mainly because no matter what the verdict is I will not sleep the night I check. Hopefully my curiosity doesn't get the better of me and I can hold off until the morning but I don't know at this point!

Pav!

Haha! I admire your restraint! I know that there is no way that I will be able to sleep on Wednesday anyways, so I am planning on staying up till midnight and checking my portals obsessively. Lol. ?

20 minutes ago, Wuglette said:

Haha! I admire your restraint! I know that there is no way that I will be able to sleep on Wednesday anyways, so I am planning on staying up till midnight and checking my portals obsessively. Lol. ?

This is so accurate. My family knows that I will hear back April 1st but I am giving myself some breathing space by not telling them that acceptances come in at midnight. 

2 hours ago, SpeechieDream said:

From what I understand is at the moment the acceptance is a recommendation for admission, and there’s a formality of the Faculty of Graduate Studies running through and checking transcripts to make sure everything’s legit and such. That’s why some applicants received notice to upload updated transcripts, as this is a necessary step prior to official admission. My guess is you can accept once the official admission is received!

38 minutes ago, Wuglette said:

Ever since I found out we will know at midnight EST, I have been going back and fourth as to whether I will check that night or the morning. Although I go to bed at 10:00pm each night (I know I am a Grandma) so I could easily avoid checking. But I am not sure so we shall see!! I just have my fingers crossed that I get accepted!

Good luck to you!!

1 hour ago, Wuglette said:

I wish UofT had a portal :(

4 minutes ago, onaspeechcrayz said:

I wish UofT had a portal :(

I think they might mean the ORPAS portal, because acceptances/waitlist/rejections will appear there for all of the Ontario schools!

Although I can't guarantee they appear there at midnight for all of the schools (I know for some responses in the past they've gone out during business hours, I recall someone on a past forum mentioning UofT doing this in particular).

37 minutes ago, Loki_Odinson said:

Ever since I found out we will know at midnight EST, I have been going back and fourth as to whether I will check that night or the morning. Although I go to bed at 10:00pm each night (I know I am a Grandma) so I could easily avoid checking. But I am not sure so we shall see!! I just have my fingers crossed that I get accepted!

Good luck to you!!

Haha! I also go to bed pretty early, so staying up until midnight might be a struggle for me, especially since I have an 8:30 class the next morning, but I'm way too impatient to wait!

5 hours ago, Speechies22 said:

Has anyone received any updates from ubc yet?

I haven't heard anything. Their website just very generally says "April" as far as when applicants will be notified, and apparently they've been inconsistent/late in the past few years.

6 minutes ago, Speechiepeach said:

McMaster updated their website with the average sub-GPA of applicants who received interviews for admission. This year it was 3.9, which I think is high compared to previous years. 

That seems crazy high especially as just the average for interviews! I saw on the forum that previous years it was like a 3.8ish so that feels like a big jump I wonder why it went up so much.

Just now, Luck26 said:

That seems crazy high especially as just the average for interviews! I saw on the forum that previous years it was like a 3.8ish so that feels like a big jump I wonder why it went up so much.

My guess is that since the interviews were held online this year and people didn't need to travel to McMaster's campus for the interview, there was probably less people that declined the interview offer compared to previous years. 

3 minutes ago, Luck26 said:

Could also be because classes were online and some were easier to get higher grades in

10 minutes ago, Luck26 said:

My guess is there would've been way more out of province/distance applicants this year. While normally the only people who'd apply would be ones who are willing to travel to McMaster for the MMIs, I imagine in the past they had very few out of province applicants, or even ones from cities further away in Ontario. This year people from anywhere across Canada could apply without worrying about needing to travel there, so I imagine many more people applied since they probably already had the prereqs (since McMaster's aren't as intense as many other schools) and also they don't require a CV, reference letter, letter of intent, etc.. 

18 hours ago, Loki_Odinson said:

Hey!

Pav!

Oh god, it’s the opposite for me! I will have to wait even more as I’m in India right now. For me midnight would be 9.30 AM on Thursday. 

42 minutes ago, Indianslp said:

Oh god, it’s the opposite for me! I will have to wait even more as I’m in India right now. For me midnight would be 9.30 AM on Thursday. 

I was a bit confused at first but now I get it! Time zones make everything a little bit trickier! Anyways I wish you good luck with your applications!!

Edited by Loki_Odinson