3 hours ago, Wuglette said:

Also, does anyone else's uOttawa portal look different? I used to be able to see my application status in the top left corner, and now I can't find it anywhere...

You're referring to uozone right? They have a broadcast message saying there were issues between 8 to 9am today, my portal appears fine so you can double check yours now 

I really hope they don't delay the admission offers like they did last year (according to 2020 forum)!! 

13 minutes ago, Mousse said:

You're referring to uozone right? They have a broadcast message saying there were issues between 8 to 9am today, my portal appears fine so you can double check yours now 

I really hope they don't delay the admission offers like they did last year (according to 2020 forum)!! 

Yes, thank you! My uozone portal looks like its back to normal now. And I also really hope that they don't delay it like last year and that we hear from them soon! Good luck! :) 

18 hours ago, SLPapplicant22 said:

Got a rejection from u of a 

hey ! I'm so sorry... :( you might other chances with other universities ?

Good luck ! 

45 minutes ago, Mousse said:

yeah, It got fixed... Now, we've to wait until midnight or until tomorrow to see our response haha I'm SO scared !! 

8 hours ago, Wugs said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. You had quite competitive stats and I’m surprised you didn’t get in! I wonder if CASPer (an element we don’t see the stats for) played a role? 
Also, did your application focus on the EDI aspects? 

8 hours ago, JennSed said:

Wow I am so sorry to hear that and I am seriously so surprised by that. ? You really have amazing stats and background experience, more than some people I know in the program currently (myself included). It really must've been a competitive year. I wonder if they place a lot of importance in the letter of intent as that is how people can be memorable/make an impact & stand out from other applicants. I would encourage you to apply again next year, I really think you have what it takes and I wouldn't give up! I know it might be difficult but please don't be discouraged by this. Next year could be your year!

Thanks ❤

I thought I highlighted EDI and honestly, I thought my letter of intent was solid ?‍♀️

If anyone is willing to look at my resume and letter of intent to offer some feedback, I'd sure appreciate that! 

The only thing that MAY have been my downfall was the CASPER as I'm not a fast typer. Since they don't ever give you a score, it's difficult to speculate how I did. I will be contacting Vicki in the upcoming weeks to ask for some direct feedback. Unfortunately for me the U of A is my ride or die, unless my husband finds work elsewhere.

We might consider UBC for next app cycle... 

If anyone has any great connections to offer in order to diversify my resume/volunteer opportunities in the Edmonton area (pending COVID getting under control), I'm all ears! 

Best wishes to all of you still waiting! ❤

1 hour ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Thanks ❤

I thought I highlighted EDI and honestly, I thought my letter of intent was solid ?‍♀️

If anyone is willing to look at my resume and letter of intent to offer some feedback, I'd sure appreciate that! 

The only thing that MAY have been my downfall was the CASPER as I'm not a fast typer. Since they don't ever give you a score, it's difficult to speculate how I did. I will be contacting Vicki in the upcoming weeks to ask for some direct feedback. Unfortunately for me the U of A is my ride or die, unless my husband finds work elsewhere.

We might consider UBC for next app cycle... 

If anyone has any great connections to offer in order to diversify my resume/volunteer opportunities in the Edmonton area (pending COVID getting under control), I'm all ears! 

Best wishes to all of you still waiting! ❤

Hey! You can let me know if you have any questions about the UBC application process (with the caveat that I don't actually know if I've been accepted yet haha) 

I am assuming you guys are anxiously waiting like me. One thing I like to remind myself as someone who has been rejected repeatedly from lots programs is definitely be sad because rejection sucks but also remember the selection process in competitive programs is pretty unfair.

I don't mean that the people who got in didn't deserve it or have a worse application its the fact that because the programs are competitive it pushes the standards way up. Honestly from seeing people on this forums stats and excitement everyone is a good candidate. Even people who have been "rejected" or "waitlisted" would most likely do great in those programs and be successful SLPs if there were more spaces. 

Anyways just remember that a rejection (in most cases) isn't a we reviewed you and thought you wouldn't do well its more that someone else could have had more experience hours, a couple higher GPA points etc. and they had to draw that line somewhere. This is a game of comparisons unfortunately. If you don't get in its good to be thinking about how you can improve your application but know that it was probably pretty excellent to start with so be hard on the system and not yourself ?

29 minutes ago, Luck26 said:

I am assuming you guys are anxiously waiting like me. One thing I like to remind myself as someone who has been rejected repeatedly from lots programs is definitely be sad because rejection sucks but also remember the selection process in competitive programs is pretty unfair.

I don't mean that the people who got in didn't deserve it or have a worse application its the fact that because the programs are competitive it pushes the standards way up. Honestly from seeing people on this forums stats and excitement everyone is a good candidate. Even people who have been "rejected" or "waitlisted" would most likely do great in those programs and be successful SLPs if there were more spaces. 

Anyways just remember that a rejection (in most cases) isn't a we reviewed you and thought you wouldn't do well its more that someone else could have had more experience hours, a couple higher GPA points etc. and they had to draw that line somewhere. This is a game of comparisons unfortunately. If you don't get in its good to be thinking about how you can improve your application but know that it was probably pretty excellent to start with so be hard on the system and not yourself ?

Well put! Thank you for that ?

2 hours ago, Luck26 said:

Thank you very much for this! This is my third year applying and I have been having a hard day waiting for the admissions results tonight. You brightened my day! 

Hey guys I have a quick question, 

Lets say I get accepted, I just finished my physiology course and was getting an A until the exam and I ended finishing with a C. For my anatomy course I am most likely going to finish with an A. If I do get in, and then they see the transcript can they revoke the acceptance?

1 minute ago, slp.slp.slp said:

Hey guys I have a quick question, 

Lets say I get accepted, I just finished my physiology course and was getting an A until the exam and I ended finishing with a C. For my anatomy course I am most likely going to finish with an A. If I do get in, and then they see the transcript can they revoke the acceptance?

If It's a pre-req with a minimum grade, yes :( Otherwise, though, I doubt it

55 minutes ago, SLPapplicant22 said:

Does anyone know what u of T, Western and UOttawa look for in an applicant? Do grades go a long way or do they highly value experience? 

This might not be relevant to SLP, but I asked this same question to students in different masters programs at UofT & Western, and they've all given me around the same response: Western truly values experience whereas UofT leans more towards grades. I assume they are both fairly important, however. 

I guess we just have to wait and see for ourselves tonight, or even tomorrow? Super nervous! I hope everyone is keeping themselves distracted and aren't refreshing their pages every 10 minutes, like myself lol. 

Hi everyone! Less than 4 hours to go!! I just want to thank all of you for supporting each other through this journey. No matter what the outcome may be for you, we should all be proud of the hard work we’ve put into this application cycle, and the resilience we’ve shown going through this experience while living through the pandemic. We all have a lot to celebrate and be proud of. I am proud of each & every one of you! Good luck and stay resilient ❤️

2 hours ago, SLPapplicant22 said:

Does anyone know what u of T, Western and UOttawa look for in an applicant? Do grades go a long way or do they highly value experience? 

It seems as though that can change depending on the cohort of any given year. I've seen people with minimal experience and high grades get accepted but also students with lower grades and much more or more diverse experience. It's important to remember that there's also areas of the application that we never see or get feedback on. 

40 minutes ago, SunshineSpeechie said:

Hi everyone! Less than 4 hours to go!! I just want to thank all of you for supporting each other through this journey. No matter what the outcome may be for you, we should all be proud of the hard work we’ve put into this application cycle, and the resilience we’ve shown going through this experience while living through the pandemic. We all have a lot to celebrate and be proud of. I am proud of each & every one of you! Good luck and stay resilient ❤️

You live up to your name, Sunshine Speechie. Thanks for the kind words :) 

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well during these stressful times. 

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far (and to those who haven't: please do not give up. Your knowledge and worth is not limited to an acceptance/rejection). To those who are still waiting on a response, I hope you receive great news in the days to come?.

Quick question - I remember coming across a page on ORPAS that stated how many applicants typically apply to each school, along with how many are accepted. For some reason, I can't seem to find that page anymore. Does anyone have any numbers (or even the link) that they could share with me? Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, pls_SLP said:

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well during these stressful times. 

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far (and to those who haven't: please do not give up. Your knowledge and worth is not limited to an acceptance/rejection). To those who are still waiting on a response, I hope you receive great news in the days to come?.

Quick question - I remember coming across a page on ORPAS that stated how many applicants typically apply to each school, along with how many are accepted. For some reason, I can't seem to find that page anymore. Does anyone have any numbers (or even the link) that they could share with me? Thanks in advance!

Hey! I think you might be looking for this page -> https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-program-requirements/

It hasn't updated yet to show how many applied this year (and I have no clue when it will) but it does show how many spots there are. Hope this helps!

Also, does this sort of feel a bit like New Years Eve for anyone else, lol? Just kind of waiting up for midnight, to see if anything exciting happens, or it could be anticlimactic.. haha. 

Hi Everyone! 

I've never posted on this before but have been following this thread for awhile. I just wanted to thank everyone for the help and support that they have provided through this application journey. I honestly did not know a single person who I could've reached out to for help through this process and this thread was probably the best thing that happened to me. As we get our results tonight/tomorrow, I just wanted to wish everyone all the best for their bright futures and congratulate them for all the hard work that they have put in for the future. 

Hopefully I will see a few familiar faces in the future and get a chance to work alongside you guys :)

Good luck! :)