51 minutes ago, Loly694 said:

I have been rejected from Western.... this is my THIRD TIME APPLYING. The last 2 years I got waitlisted.  I'm not sure what to do anymore... I have also been rejected from McMaster and McGill. 

What are your stats? Maybe look into American and Austrlian schools?

7 minutes ago, Slpwannabe97 said:

Guyssss please if ur dropping uottawa audiology tell me im on waitlist 

Where did you find this out? And congrats! 

Edited by Wuglette

2 minutes ago, Slpwannabe97 said:

On uozone. I really need this guys like i got rejected most places :( 

Mine still says Under Evaluation.  But if I do happen to get in I will be declining. I will keep you guys informed! Good luck!

Edited by Wuglette

Congratulations on your offers everybody! I look forward to meeting some of you at Western next year! I just wanted to post again for people who haven't seen. I'm currently a first-year student at Western and I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the program or living in London. If you've been waitlisted and are feeling discouraged, please don't give up hope. I was accepted off the waitlist myself!

I also just wanted to repost the link to the 'Rejecting Offers' thread: 

If you are rejecting a waitlist position or acceptance, feel free to post here to help others get an idea of how the waitlist might be moving. We found this super helpful last year!

Again, congratulations everybody! 

Waitlisted at Western and rejected from UofT (second time applicant). I only applied to one school last year (Western) and this year I applied to UofT, Mac & Western. Feeling surprisingly relieved after getting closure and not feeling nervous awaiting the responses anymore (at least for the time being). I’m curious to ask people who were not accepted/waitlisted this year, what are your plans? I was heavily considering doing the CDA program but I’m honestly not sure if I should do that or just take a year off to work, and get more volunteer experience in the field to reapply again (though options to volunteer may be limited due to Covid). Honestly, it is getting pretty defeating and sometimes I feel like it would be easier to move on and find a different career or path. I know this isn’t a great mindset to have, but I’m just trying to keep my options open. I understand the whole “if you really want something it’ll work out eventually and you just have to keep trying” but I’m trying to find the balance between that and my own mental health (reapplying over and over again is just defeating, exhausting, and stressful). I’m sorry if you disagree, but that is just my own opinion/perspective. Anyone else on the same boat as me? Lmk :)

2 minutes ago, InspiredSpeechPath said:

For everyone who got accepted at U of T, did you guys get an email? 

No, I haven't received an email from them yet. 

17 minutes ago, Origami_Princess said:

What are your stats? Maybe look into American and Austrlian schools?

Honours bach in Psychology 3.51sGPA

Graduate certificate in autism and behavioural sciences 4.0 GPA

599 volunteer hours (in a school w/SLP, working with adults with aphasia, working to mentor children, working with a child with autism in an elementary school, working with adults with intellectual disabilities)

4 minutes ago, Loly694 said:

Honours bach in Psychology 3.51sGPA

Graduate certificate in autism and behavioural sciences 4.0 GPA

599 volunteer hours (in a school w/SLP, working with adults with aphasia, working to mentor children, working with a child with autism in an elementary school, working with adults with intellectual disabilities)

i would definitely reccomend getting some research experience :) i believed it helped me this year since my gpa wasn’t my strong suit

12 minutes ago, speechie213 said:

Waitlisted at Western and rejected from UofT (second time applicant). I only applied to one school last year (Western) and this year I applied to UofT, Mac & Western. Feeling surprisingly relieved after getting closure and not feeling nervous awaiting the responses anymore (at least for the time being). I’m curious to ask people who were not accepted/waitlisted this year, what are your plans? I was heavily considering doing the CDA program but I’m honestly not sure if I should do that or just take a year off to work, and get more volunteer experience in the field to reapply again (though options to volunteer may be limited due to Covid). Honestly, it is getting pretty defeating and sometimes I feel like it would be easier to move on and find a different career or path. I know this isn’t a great mindset to have, but I’m just trying to keep my options open. I understand the whole “if you really want something it’ll work out eventually and you just have to keep trying” but I’m trying to find the balance between that and my own mental health (reapplying over and over again is just defeating, exhausting, and stressful). I’m sorry if you disagree, but that is just my own opinion/perspective. Anyone else on the same boat as me? Lmk :)

I have absolutely 0 plans at the moment, although this was my first time applying, with finishing school during covid I cant see myself redoing classes next year to reapply without making my mental health worse and maybe burning out. I have gotten comments that if I truly want this, which I have since grade 6,  then I will reapply until I get in which is harder said than done. I think I might just go out and find some sort of internship and just work for a bit see if theres something else that interests me, let myself breath, and then after a year break get back into getting pre-reqs done again and more volunteering. 

Hi all,

Congratulations to everyone for completing this year and applying to these competitive programs, you should all be so proud of yourselves no matter the outcome. I was very lucky to be accepted to Western, Toronto and Mac with a GPA of 3.86 and a subGPA of 3.90; I also had about 90 hours of SLP experience plus a lot of other related volunteer experience. I will be declining 2 of these obviously and I will make sure to post in here and the other forum so if you are on the waitlist do not give up hope!

Good luck everyone!!!

1 hour ago, speechie213 said:

100% agree. I think my biggest mistake was underestimating how competitive the applications are, I was so naïve that last year I applied to McMaster with a 3.3 subgpa, among other Ontario universities. I know it is not the universities' responsibility to hold your hand through the process, but I do think they are a bit at fault for saying stuff like "minimum gpa is 3.3". I feel they should have some sort of pre-screening where you are told that you do not stand a chance. It would save them work and spare us some suffering.

I reapplied this year with a much better subgpa and got waitlisted at Western, but I'm not being too hopeful. I'm lucky enough that my worst grades are further back in my subgpa so I can improve it to low 3.80s by taking a couple of courses. So I'll do that and try to get some volunteer/research experience although I think that opportunities won't be easy to find. 

Similarly to you, I do have regrets as I have invested several years of my life into what I consider my calling but I am unable to get in, and one of the only reasons I do not give up is that I have invested so much in it. I'm not so sure I'd make the same choices if I could go back.

Edited by slp2020ab

Woo! Accepted: U of T, Western (Aud), Dal (Aud). Waitlisted: Western (SLP), McGill. Rejected: McMaster. Unknown: Dal (SLP)

Stats:

• Psychology Honours BA at York
  • subGPA: 3.81
  • GRE: verbal 158 (79th percentile), quant 157 (62nd percentile) aw 4.0 (55th percentile)
  • Other 
    • ~20 hours of volunteering at an aphasia program 
    • No Audiology volunteer experience  
    • About one semester of research experience 
    • I think I did really bad on my CASPer tbh lol
    • First time applying 

Im shook I got accepted to U of T but didn't even score an interview at McMaster. Based on the responses from my friends, where we got accepted, rejected and waitlisted, is so unpredictable. Dal Aud is my first choice, so I will be declining my u of t offer which will bring someone from the waitlist!!