2 minutes ago, thespeechdream said:

When they called me, the professor said it would be from 11-1! Also, they might make a recording available for those who cannot attend or stay the whole time :)

Please do let me know if anyone receives any email with a link for the open house!

Ahh okay glad to know  i’m not the only one whose hasn’t received an email link yet ?.. thanks for sharing!

16 minutes ago, justpeachyspeechy said:

Out of curiosity is there a list that shows the number of applicants to each SLP program? I only see the one on the OUAC website that goes up until 2016 (and therefore excludes Mac.) Thanks! :)

This might help! It won't be updated with this years numbers yet.

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-program-requirements/

21 minutes ago, justpeachyspeechy said:

Out of curiosity is there a list that shows the number of applicants to each SLP program? I only see the one on the OUAC website that goes up until 2016 (and therefore excludes Mac.) Thanks! :)

In addition to what @DreamingofSpeechlinked to, for the non-Ontario schools I believe for U of A Vicki mentioned 200 on some years and for this year it was closer to 250. 

I believe McGill gets around 300 (they have a 10% acceptance rate and a class size of ~30?).

UBC has 150-200 on their website FAQ, but I believe they have numbers as high as ~250 in some info session presentations.

No idea for Dal, sorry!

10 minutes ago, Wugs said:

In addition to what @DreamingofSpeechlinked to, for the non-Ontario schools I believe for U of A Vicki mentioned 200 on some years and for this year it was closer to 250. 

I believe McGill gets around 300 (they have a 10% acceptance rate and a class size of ~30?).

UBC has 150-200 on their website FAQ, but I believe they have numbers as high as ~250 in some info session presentations.

No idea for Dal, sorry!

18 minutes ago, DreamingofSpeech said:

This might help! It won't be updated with this years numbers yet.

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-program-requirements/

https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/graduate-degree-programs/master-of-science-audiology-speech-sciences

This page offers more detailed info on UBC but unfortunately it not separated out by Audi vs SLP (and also the application numbers seem weirdly low compared to what I've heard, but I'm assuming it's accurate given that it is directly from UBC). Scroll down to & click on "ENROLMENT, DURATION & OTHER STATS". 

I hope this helps!

6 minutes ago, SLPThreadGirl said:

Does anyone know where you can find information on tuition costs for the SLP program at Western? I found if for Dalhousie but did not see it anywhere on Westerns website

A bit hard to find but for fall 2020 I think it was this: 

image.thumb.png.8ce9d8e8aaace6fdf0575c4c8d81d8be.png

from https://www.registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/fees_refunds/fee_refund_schedules.html

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted and good luck to everyone who’s waiting or will be applying again next year! As everyone starts making their decisions please update the 2021 declining offers page. It will really help ease some of the stress for everyone on the waiting list ?

Has anyone been accepted to U of A that has not completed the indigenous studies certificate course yet? Wondering how we show them proof of completion, my understanding is that we have until September to complete it?

Edited by SpeechieDream

1 minute ago, slp20210 said:

Hi! 

Does anyone know if UdeM or any of the other french schools in Qc sent out offers :) ? Just curious.

Hey, on the premed101 forum someone said she received an acceptance from UdeM last saturday. I still haven't heard from them so I'm very anxious ?

Just now, Miya said:

Hey, on the premed101 forum someone said she received an acceptance from UdeM last saturday. I still haven't heard from them so I'm very anxious ?

Omg! Goodluck :D !!!! 

1 hour ago, slp2020ab said:

I'm in the 3rd quadrant for SLP at Western. I guess I'll talk to some of you again for the 2022 application session ?

I sent an email over the weekend and I know that there must be a big backlog but I haven't heard anything back yet and I am once again obsessing

Edit: I literally just got the email right after I posted this I am also in the 3rd quadrant

Edited by Luck26

46 minutes ago, SpeechieDream said:

Has anyone been accepted to U of A that has not completed the indigenous studies certificate course yet? Wondering how we show them proof of completion, my understanding is that we have until September to complete it?

I think you just send Vicki the certificate when you have it completed. I did it over winter break and just added it at the end of my checklist when I applied

1 minute ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

I think you just send Vicki the certificate when you have it completed. I did it over winter break and just added it at the end of my checklist when I applied

Can you take your time with it (can I start it now, then get really into it after my courses end in April) or is it on a schedule? 

55 minutes ago, SpeechieDream said:

Not September, but early August! On their website it says "The recommended course is the Indigenous Canada MOOC for certificate due by August 1 of the admission year."

(ignore the italics, I can't figure how to remove them from the text)

13 minutes ago, Wugs said:

Not September, but early August! On their website it says "The recommended course is the Indigenous Canada MOOC for certificate due by August 1 of the admission year."

(ignore the italics, I can't figure how to remove them from the text)

Okay great, thank you!!

2 minutes ago, SLPapplicant22 said:

Janet just emailed me! 1st quadrant for western waitlist

Heyy, I was wondering which email you emailed and what exactly did you ask?