On 4/2/2021 at 10:37 PM, SLPen said:

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten in and to those who haven't been admitted, I'm still so proud of you! You did your best and that's what's important. This doesn't reflect on your worth - you should absolutely feel proud of yourself, especially after the year we've had. Don't lose hope!! Sending you all light as you take your next steps ✨

I just wanted to ask if anyone's started a group (Facebook? Discord? Slack?? Lol, anything!) for McGill SLP Class of 2023. Thank you!

Just a little follow up! There doesn't seem to be one right now.

Would anyone be interested in a Discord server instead of a Facebook group?
(would be neat to have organized channels!)

1 hour ago, InspiredSpeechPath said:

Hey! Is there anyone following this thread whose already a student in the U of T SLP program? Please let me know if you are! Just had a few questions?

Same here!

19 hours ago, SLPen said:

Just a little follow up! There doesn't seem to be one right now.

Would anyone be interested in a Discord server instead of a Facebook group?
(would be neat to have organized channels!)

Hi! Congrats on everyone getting in! I'm a current first year student at McGill. Feel free to DM if anyone has any questions! 

12 hours ago, SpeechieDream said:

Does anyone know if a Facebook group has been made for U of A?

8 hours ago, BrainGal said:

I haven’t seen one, you could create one and share the link here for everyone if no one has yet!

6 hours ago, Want2BeAnSLP said:

I'd also be interested in this! I think I've fully decided to attend U of A

Hi! I haven't accepted the offer yet, but I'm like 90% sure I'll be attending UofA. I'd be willing to make the Facebook group if that's okay with you all? If something happens and I don't end up accepting my UofA offer, I'll be sure to pass the admin privileges (if there are any) off to someone else. 

Does this sound okay for those of you interested in a Facebook group for UofA?

Edited by coco_SLP

11 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Hi! I haven't accepted the offer yet, but I'm like 90% sure I'll be attending UofA. I'd be willing to make the Facebook group if that's okay with you all? If something happens and I don't end up accepting my UofA offer, I'll be sure to pass the admin privileges (if there are any) off to someone else. 

Sounds great to me!

16 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Sounds good! Do you see a button in your portal to accept the offer yet?

18 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Works for me!

1 minute ago, SpeechieDream said:

No, not yet. I'm assuming that will come around the same time as the official letters.

Did anyone else get an offer that is definitely conditional (ie you're not done your degree yet) but didn't say that it was conditional?

5 minutes ago, SpeechieDream said:

Not yet! They said it might take a couple weeks, so I'd expect to see it sometime this week or early next at the latest. 

2 minutes ago, neuroling said:

No, not yet. I'm assuming that will come around the same time as the official letters.

Did anyone else get an offer that is definitely conditional (ie you're not done your degree yet) but didn't say that it was conditional?

Mine is conditional and the offer of admission letter stated that successful completion of my Winter term prerequisites is required, and that I'll have to send my updated transcripts later on once I finish my degree.

Hi, I've now created a Facebook group for UA!

You can find it at this link -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4145976932101730

Or by going to Facebook and searching "University of Alberta SLP Class of 2023". 

Looking forward to seeing some of you on there! :) 

Does anyone know how many students get accepted into the Dalhousie program? I saw something online from 2018 that said they take 26 people. Is that accurate? 

Applied to: Western| McMaster| McGill| Dalhousie

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to know if anyone received the information for the UofT orientation or knows what time it will be, i had prior commitment that day and now trying to work around it to be able to attend. Haven’t received the email from UofT myself yet but maybe someone else has?...  Thanks!

Edited by InspiredSpeechPath

1 minute ago, InspiredSpeechPath said:

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to know if anyone received the information for the UofT orientation or knows what time it will be, i had prior commitment that day and now trying to work around it to be able to attend. Haven’t received the email from UofT myself yet but maybe someone else has?...  Thanks!

When they called me, the professor said it would be from 11-1! Also, they might make a recording available for those who cannot attend or stay the whole time :)

Please do let me know if anyone receives any email with a link for the open house!