2021 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

tzenst

16 minutes ago, ChagyrskayaNeanderthal said:

Mine was an interviewer, as well, but it sounds like these are coming on different days/times. Fingers crossed for you!!

I just got an email from UCSF to check portal for a change in applicant status about an hour ago!

Edited by ChagyrskayaNeanderthal

29 minutes ago, ChagyrskayaNeanderthal said:

I just got an email from UCSF to check portal for a change in applicant status about an hour ago!

Yes, I just checked unfortunately I got rejected to UCSF. I did just find out I got into Yale though!! UCSF and Yale were my top choices so I am really happy!!

2 hours ago, kaffeinatedkat said:

Yes, I just checked unfortunately I got rejected to UCSF. I did just find out I got into Yale though!! UCSF and Yale were my top choices so I am really happy!!

Congrats! I got into Yale too and will likely be going in the fall, so maybe we will see each other there!

On 2/17/2021 at 2:47 PM, Hisky said:

Did anyone not hear from Duke CBB yet? I saw some admissions and rejections but I didn't receive any emails yet, nor did my portal update. 

Again has anyone not hear anything from Duke CBB after interview? I emailed the admission coordinator but she seems out of town. I also emailed the program director but he hasn't replied either. I think if I'm in this situation, then there should be others like me as well. Please let me know I'm not alone haha :) 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:39 PM, aventus said:

Has anyone heard back from MIT CSB post interview?

Yeah, I received an acceptance email about a week after my interviews (second open house). The email was from the program director and addressed to me, but pretty generic. No official admissions letter or mention of one coming though, just an 'admissions reply form' attached. This was about a week ago and some of my interviewers have reached out in the past couple days, so I assumed they sent out all initial offers and notified the faculty of these students...but I also remember the program coordinator saying she would send an email to all accepted students at some point so we can talk to each other and that hasn't happened yet.

2 hours ago, kaffeinatedkat said:

Those waiting on Brown, I got an email saying the portal had been updated.

Thank you! My application there is unsuccessful. I hope you heard some good news from them!

9 hours ago, chocolate_waffle said:

Has anyone heard from UCSD BISB after the interviews? 

I received an email to check my application portal about a week ago and was accepted - maybe check your spam mail or email admissions coordinator?

Just now, yehet219 said:

I received an email to check my application portal about a week ago and was accepted - maybe check your spam mail or email admissions coordinator?

Thanks for the reply! Did you apply to the BISB or BMI track?

9 minutes ago, yehet219 said:

I applied to BISB! I also just got an official email from the coordinator a few minutes ago!

Interesting, me too. I wonder if they're waiting until the first round of offers say yes/no to send out more to fill all their slots.. My application portal isn't updated with a rejection or acceptance yet, so I guess I've just gotta wait ?‍♀️ 

5 minutes ago, dobzhansky said:

Got into Berkeley CCB and UW GS and was wondering how people feel about these two programs. Strengths, weaknesses, recognition, difficulty, exclusivity, etc. 

In compbio field I would chose  UW GS.

19 minutes ago, dobzhansky said:

why?

It has a designated sequencing center for NIH  at UW. The Genomic program is highly ranked and well funded. berkeley isn't really great at medical field compared to other subject and fields bc its so close to UCSF. 

Another point is just through the roof rent in berkeley area 

2 minutes ago, Sky_china said:

It has a designated sequencing center for NIH  at UW. The Genomic program is highly ranked and well funded. berkeley isn't really great at medical field compared to other subject and fields bc its so close to UCSF. 

Another point is just through the roof rent in berkeley area 

thanks! the designated sequencing center is something i'll have to look into. i don't do medical stuff though (my area is pop gen and evolution). does your recommendation still hold in light of that?