2021 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

tzenst

1 hour ago, Hisky said:

Did anyone not hear from Duke CBB yet? I saw some admissions and rejections but I didn't receive any emails yet, nor did my portal update. 

Hey, I heard from Duke CBB yesterday where I got an email to check my portal because the admissions decision was updated. Maybe they are sending them out in batches since you haven't heard anything yet? Hope everything works out

Congrats to those accepted by UCLA Bioinformatics! I'm currently on the waitlist, and this is my dream school (back to the waiting limbo ?). If you don't plan on accepting the offer, will you please decline it ASAP? Thank you so much!!

3 hours ago, papu said:

Has anyone heard from Princeton QCB after the interviews?

Nope, nothing yet. Luckily it seems nobody has reported hearing from them in the results section of this site yet.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, Sky_china said:

I kinda expected this after I received my interviewer list and how we didn't talk much about my research in the interview. But this is still hurt. Got my rejection from Tri-I CBM

How did you expect that by looking at the interviewer list? 

On 2/22/2021 at 3:14 AM, papu said:

Has anyone heard from Princeton QCB after the interviews?

On 2/22/2021 at 6:52 AM, Chip, Potato said:

Nope, nothing yet. Luckily it seems nobody has reported hearing from them in the results section of this site yet.

Haven’t heard back either. Based on what I’ve seen from past years, I think Princeton releases results in late Feb, or so I hope. 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:53 PM, darklings said:

How did you expect that by looking at the interviewer list? 

none of my POIs is interviewing me and I have talked to my POI she had timeslot on that day. BUt yeah my interview went very well basically bc we talked happily on everything other than my reserach and research interest stuff. I personally don't want to say much but I also feel its kinda unfair to me as they seems to decided who to admit before interview. 

18 minutes ago, happytacos said:

Did anyone not receive any news from Tri-I CBM after interview? 

If you applied PhD program I think you should email them and ask or check the spam folder . My friend who is waitlisted also got an email from the program

1 hour ago, Sky_china said:

If you applied PhD program I think you should email them and ask or check the spam folder . My friend who is waitlisted also got an email from the program

Yeah probably a good idea. 

2 hours ago, aventus said:

Congrats! Also got a call from my POI yesterday morning!

3 hours ago, ChagyrskayaNeanderthal said:

Got a call from my POI at UCSF BMI that I was accepted and official notification should be coming soon!!?

24 minutes ago, evovae said:

Wooh! Congrats to you both -- I got my "unofficial" acceptance yesterday too!

I was wondering was this call from one of the people you interviewed with? Congratulations to all of you!!

7 minutes ago, kaffeinatedkat said:

I was wondering was this call from one of the people you interviewed with? Congratulations to all of you!!

Mine was. Seems like people are getting calls at different times, perhaps because of schedule availability differences with different faculty that are relevant to each student. So don't lose hope if you haven't heard anything yet. The faculty member that called me said I should get the official letter tomorrow (Thurs).