DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who have been awarded the scholarship!

To those who are applying to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication, and Film: If you don't mind sharing, how are you going to synthesize your work into 10 pages? Does the cover count as 1 ?. This has me stressed out, and I was already anxious lol (been anxious since November). Will you make use of the video option additionally?

3 hours ago, Inessa said:

Hello :)

I found this forum a bit late, however, I wanted to ask if anyone has applied for a “master studies - for all academic diciplines 2021/2022” from any of the Baltic states (Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia)? 

I have submitted everything in September last year and still there are no news just the “preselection made”. I was told to wait for the Spring to get news via Portal, however, as most of the applicants I am stressing out every day at this point..?

PS. Best of luck to everyone and many applauses to all of you who received scholarships already ??

I am not from any of the Baltic states, but Poland is still quite close and I also applied for that programme. I submitted the application in November and have the same status as you. So not really clarifying much other than this is (hopefully) a normal situation ?

2 hours ago, Zegl said:

To those who are applying to the Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication, and Film: If you don't mind sharing, how are you going to synthesize your work into 10 pages? Does the cover count as 1 ?. This has me stressed out, and I was already anxious lol (been anxious since November). Will you make use of the video option additionally?

My first portfolio had around 30~35 artworks, so I only picked the best 10 of them for putting them in this second one. I didn't add a cover as they already know my name and information (specially considering they have my first portfolio and my CV). I did add artwork info (title, technique/media, year of creation, etc) on each page though.

1 hour ago, Irina.14 said:

Hello! Is there anyone from Ukraine who applied for Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines, 2021/22? Any updates?

Hi! No updates, my status has changed to “Auswahl erfolgt” maybe on 15th of March and that’s it. If you want, I can contact you on telegram to share the information 

8 minutes ago, ba1313 said:

Congratulations to everyone who has already received the good news! :) 
Are there any applicants from Turkey with any results? I called the Daad office the other day and they said we are likely to find out in April. 

Still waiting. When I had the interview they told me that the results will be out in the end of March. I guess things aint going as they planned.

58 minutes ago, ba1313 said:

Are there any applicants from Turkey with any results? I called the Daad office the other day and they said we are likely to find out in April. 

Hello, as of now nothing but “Paper copies received.” (For my Ph.D. Grant application). They seem to have different deadlines and processing speed for different regions and countries. 

Greetings y'all.

Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2021/22:

My status was "selection made" this morning,  it went blank and then a few hours later ( 3hours)  it's now "Funding"?

Should I start Celebrating?  Though I think it might be better to wait for the award letter. 

Best of luck to each and everyone of you.  

Edited by Gl. ag

5 minutes ago, Gl. ag said:

Greetings y'all.

My status was "selection made" this morning,  it went blank and a few hours later ( 3hours)  it's now "Funding"?

Should I start Celebrating?  Though I think it might be better to wait for the award letter. 

Congratulations... And thanks...which country /region are you from? 

8 minutes ago, Gl. ag said:

Greetings y'all.

My status was "selection made" this morning,  it went blank and a few hours later ( 3hours)  it's now "Funding"?

Congratulations!

18 hours ago, Zegl said:

I am also finding it difficult lol. I had more pages as well. I think the cover count as 1.
I will make use of the video. 
I don’t understand this new rule of 10 pages. But anyway... you can also add more then one work to a page if they relate to each other. 
I think I will just select the best from the best, and that’s it. It’s hard cause I feel I already did it before. But...

Hope that helps and good luck

7 hours ago, ba1313 said:

Hi there! I am also from TR - I applied to the short term research grant, in the field of psychology and as I check everyday multiple times, its status is still on "papier copies received" and there is no change in the date of the funding as well. I was also thinking maybe they will release the results around the first week of April. But some people got some visas to apply so they better be quick!
May I ask to which fundind did you apply to? 

On 3/24/2021 at 6:30 PM, Dimba said:

Hello...any news from ur side? The waiting is killing me softly.

Hello...decision time in my cases...my status is currently blank up from "selection made"

11 hours ago, esraC said:

Hi there! I am also from TR - I applied to the short term research grant, in the field of psychology and as I check everyday multiple times, its status is still on "papier copies received" and there is no change in the date of the funding as well. I was also thinking maybe they will release the results around the first week of April. But some people got some visas to apply so they better be quick!
May I ask to which fundind did you apply to? 

Hi Esra! I applied for Research Grants-Doctoral Programs in Germany. My status is the same "Paper Copies Received". I guess it will be around April too, hopefully no later than that. Have you applied for visa yet? 

By the way, for all the applicants from Turkey, is there any different group to communicate so that we can share some ideas related to other topics maybe, such as visa, insurance etc.? 

Good luck to you all!

5 hours ago, ba1313 said:

Hi Esra! I applied for Research Grants-Doctoral Programs in Germany. My status is the same "Paper Copies Received". I guess it will be around April too, hopefully no later than that. Have you applied for visa yet? 

By the way, for all the applicants from Turkey, is there any different group to communicate so that we can share some ideas related to other topics maybe, such as visa, insurance etc.? 

Good luck to you all!

Hello @ba1313 and @esraC,

I am already in Germany for some time. If you want you could ask me about some process etc. As far as I know there is no other group. My schedule is a bit crazy these days but I will try to reply in my earliest convenience.

Best and good luck.

Edited by _cylon_
Adding members to the post.