2021 Application Thread for Communications Program

20 minutes ago, Laurag96 said:

Back again! I have an interview with Oregon on Tuesday (as well as Penn State). Talk about a stressful day, but I'm super excited and hopeful! 

Tuesday is a big day for you!! Good luck. Love the optimism.

6 hours ago, sdas123 said:

Hey! Just saw someone post on the results page about an interview invite from Northwestern Screen Cultures! Anyone here to claim it? 

Hmmm... I didn't get anything from Northwestern Screen Cultures yet... but then again I'm an international student so hoping they have a separate virtual sessions for Int'l students! 

20 minutes ago, Kim2016 said:

Hmmm... I didn't get anything from Northwestern Screen Cultures yet... but then again I'm an international student so hoping they have a separate virtual sessions for Int'l students! 

I also didn't get an invite. Don't know if they are sending out emails to international students separately-- I really hope so, but they conduct the interviews over recruitment weekend. So I am assuming that everyone will be invited during that period only.

Happy for the poster on the results page who got it. 

3 hours ago, Kim2016 said:

Same! I am an international student too. Fingers crossed!!

Need that haha! I really hope we have a chance at Northwestern. 
It will be funny otherwise for me coz I had a productive exchange with a couple of POIs there...

10 minutes ago, ShivD said:

Need that haha! I really hope we have a chance at Northwestern. 
It will be funny otherwise for me coz I had a productive exchange with a couple of POIs there...

Same!! I had the same experience with UW Madison too this cycle. 

Best of luck to you too! May our paths cross! 

Anyone here to claim the interview invite to Northwestern's Screen Cultures program? Congratulations in advance! It will be great what the email said.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:28 AM, jomo said:

Hello good people and thanks for this thread. 

2020 was tough so congrats to everyone on managing to put forward solid applications. No matter what happens, I believe the fact that we made the applications is a massive achievement. I applied to Columbia J school, NYU, Rutgers, UPenn, UT Austin, Indiana University, and Harvard (a different program). 
No feedback yet. Best of luck to you all. 

Thanks! 

Hi, have you heard from Rutgers yet? I saw that they started sending out results on 1/29. 

2 minutes ago, NJGrad2025 said:

Hi, have you heard from Rutgers yet? I saw that they started sending out results on 1/29. 

Hi. Yes. I got accepted to Rutgers and interviewed UT Austin. Waiting for the rest. Any update on your end? 

1 hour ago, jomo said:

Hi. Yes. I got accepted to Rutgers and interviewed UT Austin. Waiting for the rest. Any update on your end? 

Did you interview for the Comm Studies PhD program at UT Austin? 

I applied to RTF Media Studies and haven't heard back yet ?

3 minutes ago, Kim2016 said:

Did you interview for the Comm Studies PhD program at UT Austin? 

I applied to RTF Media Studies and haven't heard back yet ?

No. I applied to the School of Journalism and Media. 

Just now, jomo said:

No. I applied to the School of Journalism and Media. 

Thanks! I'm seeing an interview post on RTF and crossing my fingers that they will skip my interview b/c I already had an informal interview w/ one of my PI there. 

Do you think you will accept the offer at UT? 

Just now, Kim2016 said:

Thanks! I'm seeing an interview post on RTF and crossing my fingers that they will skip my interview b/c I already had an informal interview w/ one of my PI there. 

Do you think you will accept the offer at UT? 

It’s one of my top choices. Waiting to hear from the rest before deciding. 

Just now, doctoralwannabe said:

Hey! I also just had my interview for the school of journalism and media (UT Austin). I wonder how long it will take for us to get a decision.... I forgot to ask ? 

Hey! Congrats! They said the “next few weeks” so maybe by mid February. Did you get interviewed by Dr Sharon? 

Hello everyone! I am new here. I have some concerns that I would like someone to clarify for me.

I am applying to the communication PhD program and I have not heard anything back yet regarding an interview.

please note that on Nov, 19,2020, I have a virtual introductory session with the faculty members from one university but that’s about it. 

kindly advise 

Edited by Larik001

Guys I applied to the following schools for PhD in Communication Studies

- University of Colorado Boulder

- Arizona State University

- Cornell

- Florida State University

- UW-Madison

- North Carolina State

- American University

So far I did not hear any interview requests from them. Also, I am an international student

15 hours ago, jomo said:

Not yet! Did you apply to the media studies program, communication, or library/info science? 

5 hours ago, Larik001 said:

Guys I applied to the following schools for PhD in Communication Studies

- University of Colorado Boulder

- Arizona State University

- Cornell

- Florida State University

- UW-Madison

- North Carolina State

- American University

So far I did not hear any interview requests from them. Also, I am an international student

I know that CU Boulder doesn't typically do interviews. 

23 minutes ago, jomo said:

Media studies 

I applied to the communication program so looks like that group is still deciding. Do you think you'll end up accepting Rutgers or is another school your top choice?