DSW 2021

DSWstudentTSSW

3 minutes ago, SWlove said:

I got a response back from admissions today and they said they are hoping to have decisions released in the next two weeks. Maybe they are still deciding on the cohort ?.

Two weeks?  That’s surprising ?

Was this SP2 admissions or specific DSW admissions?  

8 minutes ago, SocialWorker123 said:

Wow. This is surprising. I thought they said they would be out by mid April. 

My interviewer said it “typically middle of April, could be sooner, could be later” - but calls seemed to have started last week - which is why I’m confused. ?

Edited by DSWHopeful2021

31 minutes ago, SWlove said:

I got a response back from admissions today and they said they are hoping to have decisions released in the next two weeks. Maybe they are still deciding on the cohort ?.

What?! Let's keep our fingers crossed! 

On 4/19/2021 at 5:41 PM, EJM said:

I wish I could try the other services, I have heard generally good things about canvas and know nothing about noodle but am super curious. 

My last two schools were on D2L and canvas.  I like Canvas best.  Really easy to work with.   We use zoom for the synchronous classes, which can link directly from Canvas.   Every professor does it differently though.   I didn't realize that other programs use pre-recorded lectures from non-professors. 

11 hours ago, DSWHopeful2021 said:

Definitely!  Very curious if they’ll ever try to add a SW license at a doctoral level. It’s such a delicate balance between “professionalizing” a field and the possibility of inadvertently creating more barriers to the field. A lot of professions are adding doctoral level accreditation and advanced licensure. 

My guess is that we'll stick with a model like nursing.  I don't think we will do licensure at the doctoral level.  I'd like to see it honestly for selfish reasons, but there is a lot of movement against it at the national level.  

10 hours ago, SocialWorker123 said:

I am accepted at Tulane - which is macro with some clinical applications. There is lots of room for Advanced Practice Projects with clinical applications. I looked at several schools (Simmons, Alabama, USC). My situation is unique (as we all are!). I am very clinically focused but I already have a lot of clinical experience and I want to expand my skill set. 

Congrats!!!!!  I've heard good things about Tulane.  

First of all!  Congrats to all the acceptances!!!   

I was avoiding homework again, so I started a spreadsheet of the different DSW programs.   There are 24 in total, 15 being a member of GADE.   I was collecting things like cohort size and cost, but haven't gotten very far haha.   Here's a list of names for those of you who are interested.    If any of you who are going to a DSW program would like to confirm any of these stats:  Cost of program, cohort size, and detailed class delivery method -- I'd like to add it to the spread sheet.  thinking of updating it and posting it here once a year. 

image.png.e9058510d0c7bca87e3ff963055e638a.png

17 minutes ago, Goobah said:

My last two schools were on D2L and canvas.  I like Canvas best.  Really easy to work with.   We use zoom for the synchronous classes, which can link directly from Canvas.   Every professor does it differently though.   I didn't realize that other programs use pre-recorded lectures from non-professors. 

SC has pre-recorded asynchronous material from the lead professors of the course. So students have an hour or so of recorded content (lecture, activities, etc) and then live zoom sessions. The recorded material is kinda like John Oliver’s Covid studio but instead of funny graphics - it’s power points ?

1 minute ago, Goobah said:

I was avoiding homework again, so I started a spreadsheet of the different DSW programs.   There are 24 in total, 15 being a member of GADE.   I was collecting things like cohort size and cost, but haven't gotten very far haha.   Here's a list of names for those of you who are interested.    If any of you who are going to a DSW program would like to confirm any of these stats:  Cost of program, cohort size, and detailed class delivery method -- I'd like to add it to the spread sheet.  thinking of updating it and posting it here once a year. 

Awesome!!! I would add focus too. 

Edited by DSWHopeful2021

Just now, DSWHopeful2021 said:

SC has pre-recorded asynchronous material from the lead professors of the course. So students have an hour or so of recorded content (lecture, activities, etc) and then live zoom sessions. The recorded material is kinda like John Oliver’s Covid studio but instead of funny graphics - it’s power points ?

Oooh!  Good to know. 

1 minute ago, DSWHopeful2021 said:

Awesome!!! I would add focus too. 

Yup, focus is on there! I've also included:  If the program is at an R1 school or not, length of program, length of time out of MSW required, and dissertation or capstone.  I'm not sure if I'll ever fill this all in, but is interesting.   

1 minute ago, Goobah said:

Oooh!  Good to know. 

Just now, Goobah said:

Yup, focus is on there! I've also included:  If the program is at an R1 school or not, length of program, length of time out of MSW required, and dissertation or capstone.  I'm not sure if I'll ever fill this all in, but is interesting.   

Awesome! I can help after next week. I have grading this week.  I procrastinate with grading the same way students procrastinate with their assignments...  70 papers + calculating weighted grades - oh look, a new show on HBO! 

?

8 hours ago, Goobah said:

This is amazing. Thank you.

11 hours ago, Goobah said:

This is wonderful! Thanks ? 

12 hours ago, Goobah said:

Do we know which programs are piloting CSWE accreditation? 

15 hours ago, DSWHopeful2021 said:

lol! well said! 

15 hours ago, DSWHopeful2021 said:

Awesome! I can help after next week. I have grading this week.  I procrastinate with grading the same way students procrastinate with their assignments...  70 papers + calculating weighted grades - oh look, a new show on HBO! 

?

I went for a run this morning saying it would help me finish my final, final... then I did some work, work... then I sat down to do my final, and started planning things to do with my time off... did a little bit of work on my final, thought about how I needed to go for a run, realized I can't use that excuse again today so I logged on here. 

HI EVERYONE!!! 

15 hours ago, Goobah said:

So how about we talk about avoidance. I find I do more cleaning when I have homework to do. a dirty home always bugs me, but it bugs me more when I have a paper. 

Also this is a fantastic list! I didn't know all these schools even had DSW programs. we should discuss each one :)

Today is my last day of the semester, how about you? Avoiding is fun, but much more enjoyable with others don't you think?

(someone please come save me from myself!)

44 minutes ago, EJM said:

So how about we talk about avoidance. I find I do more cleaning when I have homework to do. a dirty home always bugs me, but it bugs me more when I have a paper. 

Also this is a fantastic list! I didn't know all these schools even had DSW programs. we should discuss each one :)

Today is my last day of the semester, how about you? Avoiding is fun, but much more enjoyable with others don't you think?

(someone please come save me from myself!)

Cleaning is the worst way to procrastinate - I do the same thing - easily justifiable and harder to challenge. :) 

Edited by DSWHopeful2021

1 hour ago, EJM said:

I went for a run this morning saying it would help me finish my final, final... then I did some work, work... then I sat down to do my final, and started planning things to do with my time off... did a little bit of work on my final, thought about how I needed to go for a run, realized I can't use that excuse again today so I logged on here. 

HI EVERYONE!!! 

Hi!! ?

I think I mentioned this earlier, I occasionally check ApplyWeb because I saw a few scenarios where folks had their application status updated without an email notification. I was curious if anyone’s status ever changed from submitted to under review or anything different.

Edited to add:  I think I'll suck it up and email Jeff if I haven’t heard anything by Friday morning.

Edited by DSWHopeful2021