School Psychology PhD 2021

ctrsca

Any one applied to Georgia state program & heard anything yet? & also anyone else here going to be at university of Alabama interview day(eds program)?

Edited by ToniDC

38 minutes ago, turtlet123 said:

I applied to the master's program for NC State. Is it safe to say I will be receiving a rejection at this point as I haven't heard anything??

Also haven't heard back from other NC schools, ECU or APP. Has anyone heard anything?

The waiting is driving me crazy! 

If you applied to the masters program for ECU, their website says they won't review applications until after the March deadline 

2 hours ago, ToniDC said:

Any one applied to Georgia state program & heard anything yet? & also anyone else here going to be at university of Alabama interview day(eds program)?

Hi! I applied and interviewed with GSU's program, and they held interviews on the 22nd. I believe there were both EdS and PhD applicants in the same session. I'm assuming they'll start sending out decisions in the next couple of weeks. Hope this helps!

Edited by k.lynn

2 hours ago, turtlet123 said:

I applied to the master's program for NC State. Is it safe to say I will be receiving a rejection at this point as I haven't heard anything??

Also haven't heard back from other NC schools, ECU or APP. Has anyone heard anything?

The waiting is driving me crazy! 

I gather that NC state is doing everything differently this year, so I wouldn’t lose hope just yet. 

Edited by Schoolpsyclops

14 minutes ago, k.lynn said:

Hi! I applied and interviewed with GSU's program, and they held interviews on the 22nd. I believe there were both EdS and PhD applicants in the same session. I'm assuming they'll start sending out decisions in the next couple of weeks. Hope this helps!

Ok thanks! It helps, I’ve been in contact with a graduate advisor about my GACE requirement being waived a while ago even before the deadline but she just now got back with me & it was waived on the 25th… so I was wondering where that left me in the application process. Being that she said that needed to be done before my application could be pushed thru. I Guess I’ll just wait it out … thanks again. 

21 minutes ago, ToniDC said:

Ok thanks! It helps, I’ve been in contact with a graduate advisor about my GACE requirement being waived a while ago even before the deadline but she just now got back with me & it was waived on the 25th… so I was wondering where that left me in the application process. Being that she said that needed to be done before my application could be pushed thru. I Guess I’ll just wait it out … thanks again. 

Oh jeeze, I have been waiting on them as well for that exact requirement and I was told my application was under review anyways. I was afraid of that being why I hadn't heard anything back yet.

14 minutes ago, Sunkay123 said:

Just got an email saying a decision was made on my account for UGA and found out I was rejected :( Interviewed at one other school, have another interview this Friday, but haven't heard back from the rest. 

I got rejected from UGA as well, and have not heard from any other schools at this point. This cycle seems to be a culmination of the worst scenarios, from being unable to interview in person to having record amounts of applicants due to GRE omission or otherwise. UGA was my dream school and the best opportunity I've had to be in a position to provide for my family. It hurts for sure and I can't imagine you feel any different.

We will make it through and land where we fit best.

Edited by The_Garnet_Comet

2 hours ago, The_Garnet_Comet said:

I got rejected from UGA as well, and have not heard from any other schools at this point. This cycle seems to be a culmination of the worst scenarios, from being unable to interview in person to having record amounts of applicants due to GRE omission or otherwise. UGA was my dream school and the best opportunity I've had to be in a position to provide for my family. It hurts for sure and I can't imagine you feel any different.

So true. While Wisconsin-Madison is my dream school and I hope that I get in I’ll be happy to continue my educational journey at one of my other schools. 

With how competitive this cycle has been I might end up accepting my offer at IU without funding unless I get an offer somewhere else. IU fits me really well but unless i get funding from a fellowship (I’ll find out before April) or find an assistantship myself it’ll be hard. 

Buffalo’s program fits me for different reasons and I found the faculty at Ohio state to be off putting on interview day. 

Umass-Boston’s stipend is hardly livable in Boston (17k) and doesn’t have a great MSW and program in the area (that’s not private and super expensive) 

Good luck to everyone! I hope you find a home and are able to find funding. This post isn’t meant to brag, I just wanted to share some of my frustrations this cycle and wish everyone the best! 

2 hours ago, The_Garnet_Comet said:

So sorry to hear this! I feel you. I have been having a horrible application season so far as well. I do have one upcoming interview and I am waiting to hear back from a couple more schools.  I am so nervous and feeling like I may have to apply again next year. Fingers crossed that we all hear some good news.  

3 hours ago, Sunkay123 said:

Just got an email saying a decision was made on my account for UGA and found out I was rejected :( Interviewed at one other school, have another interview this Friday, but haven't heard back from the rest. 

Sorry to hear this! Rejections are never easy to handle. I hope your other interviews go well! 

8 minutes ago, Southwestteacher said:

So sorry to hear this! I feel you. I have been having a horrible application season so far as well. I do have one upcoming interview and I am waiting to hear back from a couple more schools.  I am so nervous and feeling like I may have to apply again next year. Fingers crossed that we all hear some good news.  

That's just the thing with me too, there is no next season for me. I feel like an outsider in a lot of ways, and so far that's been confirmed by my professional and academic career. I need to have some sort of progress or I'm going in a different direction. I'm sorry to hear so many qualified and empathic people are having trouble getting into school.

I wish you luck as well!

I have a few things to say for those who are having a rough application season. This year is pretty competitive but you guys did it! What I mean is you passed the hardest obstacle, which is the application process and getting an interview. You all are more than qualified, if you didn't know. Being invited to an interview is a huge milestone, especially when you made it and there were over 100 or more rejected immediately. I know it may be upsetting that thing's aren't going your way but when you are interviewing, it's really about the fit and if there is genuine passion for that research interest. If I can give you any advice I would say if you can honestly reflect on some of your research interest and look at your life or things that are really important to you and connect those dots as well as connecting how the school reflects you and what your interested in doing not just in grad school but in the long term, that can be so helpful. It's really different from when you're just stating and saying things are interesting and you like it to saying why you're so passionate and so on and what you're interested in doing in the long term with that interest.

Also, if you think at all that you have to apply again next year, guess what? If you didn't know you are going to be great next year, you know NOW. You got this but even if GRE or other requirements were removed or not it would not have made a difference in terms of the quality of the applicants. Low GRE doesn't automatically push people out. I know some school do but there are many that don't. Sending positive energy and I am always open to speaking to anyone, if you'd like because this is a stressful journey. Keep pushing forward guys.

6 minutes ago, Schoolpsych921 said:

GUYS!!!!!! I got into one of my top programs today! Tomorrow’s my birthday, so this is the best early birthday present. Eeeeek! Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances. Thank you all for keeping me sane haha.

Congrats and happy birthday! What school did you get into? If you don’t mind sharing. 

Edited by JakiraJakira

2 hours ago, Schoolpsych921 said:

GUYS!!!!!! I got into one of my top programs today! Tomorrow’s my birthday, so this is the best early birthday present. Eeeeek! Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances. Thank you all for keeping me sane haha.

Happy birthday! AND CONGRATS! My birthday is feb 10th and I am hoping I get good news as a bday gift as well. 

I’ve been seeing a lot of people mention UW-Madison in this forum and just wanted to say if anyone has any questions about the program, school, faculty to reach out. I am a current EdS student in the program and hope everyone here finds the best fit for themselves. 

12 hours ago, sch_psych said:

I believe ML and SNP have sent out their decisions, but I’m not 100% sure about the rest! 

Well, this just sent my anxiety into high gear! Still waiting to hear back. SNP is a perfect fit for me, and I haven't heard anything yet. What makes you think they've finished their decisions?