MEd COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY (OISE, UofT)

Toughcook1e

6 minutes ago, Happiness is key said:

Heard from my second choice (MEd DPE) and have been accepted. Anyone happen to know if this means that I was rejected from MEd Counselling Psychology?

I don't think that's how it works, however I can't confirm anything. I think this means DPE reached out to you first. Counselling Psych has been super slow and you still have a chance. :) 

59 minutes ago, Hemingwho said:

I feel like they kind of owe us an explanation at this point. Especially that student who had to accept another offer because U of T was so slow. There needs to be a good reason for this kind of delay. I'm getting a little frustrated.

Agreed. We are literally at the end of March and most of us are still waiting for a response.

15 hours ago, BobbiQueen said:

I don't think that's how it works, however I can't confirm anything. I think this means DPE reached out to you first. Counselling Psych has been super slow and you still have a chance. :) 

No, I had the same question as you. I emailed the department and they said I would receive decision for each of my choice. You may accept the DPE offer and if you get accepted into other program, you can override the new offer with the DPE.. thats what they told me!

Edited by F_J

Hey everyone! Is anyone here applying for the CCP program at OISE? I also still didn't hear back! I don't know if that's a good sign or not... I heard that some universities roll out there responses by process of elimination? So if you don't hear back thats a good thing? And others say that they sound out the responses all at the same time. 

24 minutes ago, chloerose said:

hey everyone! just got news that I was waitlisted to the Med Counselling Psych (I applied to the mental health stream). Anyone else get waitlisted? Anyone have any idea around how many people get waitlisted?

Not sure the total amount of waitlisted students but I have seen four waitlist posts so far :)

29 minutes ago, chloerose said:

hey everyone! just got news that I was waitlisted to the Med Counselling Psych (I applied to the mental health stream). Anyone else get waitlisted? Anyone have any idea around how many people get waitlisted?

Hey!! Congrats on the waitlist!! What do you mean mental health stream? Is this for the OISE Med in counselling psych, counselling and psychotherapy program? 

6 minutes ago, Hemingwho said:

Can someone share what their letter says re. The waitlist?

"Thank you for your application for admission to graduate studies at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto. We regret that an offer of admission cannot be made at this time. The department received a large number of applications from well-qualified candidates, but only a limited number of spaces were available. Your name has been placed on a waitlist. We realize being on an admission waitlist often causes problems for people needing to make decisions concerning their future. While it is not possible to enter into discussion or correspondence about your position on the waitlist, we will make every effort to contact you as soon as possible should a space become available. If you have not received an offer of admission by mid-August, it would be safe to assume that all student places have been filled for the academic year and an offer of admission will not be forthcoming. Meanwhile, should you make other plans or wish to have your name removed from the waitlist, please advise the department directly as soon as possible. We appreciate your interest in graduate studies at OISE and extend our best wishes as you pursue your educational goals."

29 minutes ago, MSW2020lm said:

Thats great! I wonder if they are done sending out acceptances? Would those that have been waitlisted be open to sharing their experiences? 

I am wondering the same thing. The only thing making me feel that there are more acceptances to come is the very small number of posters on GradCafe who received acceptances. I understand that not everyone is on GradCafe, although I still think that if they had already sent all 35 offers that we would have seen more than 3-4 posters. Staying hopeful that there are more acceptances to come!

Just now, Happiness is key said:

I am wondering the same thing. The only thing making me feel that there are more acceptances to come is the very small number of posters on GradCafe who received acceptances. I understand that not everyone is on GradCafe, although I still think that if they had already sent all 35 offers that we would have seen more than 3-4 posters. Staying hopeful that there are more acceptances to come!

Agreed! I also feel that if they'd filled all 35 seats, we'd be hearing a lot more rejections as well aha :( 

1 hour ago, chloerose said:

hey everyone! just got news that I was waitlisted to the Med Counselling Psych. Anyone else get waitlisted? Anyone have any idea around how many people get waitlisted?

Hi did you mean the global mental health stream under Med?  Glad for some more news going out...my fingers still crossed hoping for the best for all