OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

Hi friends,

Just wondering who applied to this year's Master of Teaching cohort for 2021?

If you could share your experience - # of hours, GPA, if you could accepted, etc: it would help so much!!
Also, advice or information from previous years would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm super nervous + excited so I wanted to see if others were on the same boat.

Best of luck to you! 

Edited by fxyz_

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I did apply early December, I have over 3000 experience but my gpa not that competitive.  I keep checking everyday still under review, I'm so nervous ?

How about you? And when do you think they start sending accepting letter?

Edited by K93

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am on the same boat as you! I have a lot of experience, my GPA is way better this semester but it won’t even be included in my application. 

I’m thinking they will start early March but I really hope we hear from them sometime in February!

I'm waiting too. Applied for the primary stream before the deadline in November and I'm still on 'Under Review'.

I don't have as many hours as y'all, around 2k but with a decent breadth across paid and volunteer, as well as working with kids with developmental disabilities. I applied with an A- (82) average and I have no idea if thats competitive or not.

Checking the forum from last year it looks like the first acceptances came around the first week of Feb, but who knows whats up with Covid.

Any of you applied to other programs?

Hey!

I applied on Nov 15 and I have over 4000+ work experience from tutoring, to coaching, to working at schools, babysitting, camp counselling and being an instructor. My current GPA is a 3.67 or a A- average. This being said, I have no clue if I am considered competitive enough for the MAT program! Im super nervous. I applied to the P/J and J/I for a Dramatic Arts teachable. 

I also have no clue when we are supposed to get acceptance letters. Checking previous forums they said they received around first week of Feb. However, when I checked the website they said decisions are made mid March. I'm super confused haha

Hey! I also applied to the MT program (for primary/junior), as well as the MACSE program (I was selected for an interview for the MACSE program this week)! My GPA is 3.84 and I have over 2000 hours in a variety of different settings both paid and volunteering (camp, childcare centres, teaching dance/gymnastics, nannying, peer mentoring etc.). Patiently waiting to hear back soon haha, definitely getting a little impatient. 

Edited by cakebytheocean

Hey!

I also applied to the MT. I applied before Nov 16 and I applied to all three strands but my preference is J/I. I'm currently in my fourth year, my GPA for third year was 3.85 but my overall GPA is a 3.2. I have 4000+ hours in paid/volunteer experience (camp, basketball coach, classroom volunteer, lunch monitor, etc). 

I also thought that acceptances wouldn't be released until March, but I'm currently a UofT student and when I went onto Acorn under my finances section I had 3 outstanding admission deposits for MT (P/J, J/I, I/S). When I click it on it says to accept admissions offer, but when I went to check the portal my application still says under review. So not quite sure what that means ... might be an error through UofT or the application portal is delayed?  

7 hours ago, nik1999 said:

Hey!

I also applied to the MT. I applied before Nov 16 and I applied to all three strands but my preference is J/I. I'm currently in my fourth year, my GPA for third year was 3.85 but my overall GPA is a 3.2. I have 4000+ hours in paid/volunteer experience (camp, basketball coach, classroom volunteer, lunch monitor, etc). 

I also thought that acceptances wouldn't be released until March, but I'm currently a UofT student and when I went onto Acorn under my finances section I had 3 outstanding admission deposits for MT (P/J, J/I, I/S). When I click it on it says to accept admissions offer, but when I went to check the portal my application still says under review. So not quite sure what that means ... might be an error through UofT or the application portal is delayed?  

Hey!

I'm not really sure what that means, but I think it could mean you got accepted! Maybe because you are already a U of T student? where exactly did you see it on ACORN?

19 hours ago, nik1999 said:

Hey!

Hey! I'm also currently an undergrad student at U of T and I have this showing on my Acorn Finances page too, but my profile for OISE still says under review? Quite confusing, but hopefully a good sign!

12 hours ago, avigail121 said:

Hey!

I'm not really sure what that means, but I think it could mean you got accepted! Maybe because you are already a U of T student? where exactly did you see it on ACORN?

Hey! I'm in the same position... it shows an "Outstanding Admissions Deposit" under the Finances portion of Acorn (our student portal) and then says that you must accept your admission offer and also pay the balance to hold your place in the program. But I also haven't received an official acceptance. 

On 2/7/2021 at 2:22 PM, nik1999 said:

Hey!

Hey! A friend and I have and see the same thing too and we're both studying at Ryerson right now. In my Acorn under finances it says a $300 deposit fee for acceptance. Also, under Program it says I am currently enrolled in the MT (P/J) and start session is 2021 Fall. Although, on the application portal it still says "under review".

I asked a friend who applied to OISE last year and she said this highly likely means early acceptance! She also did see the same thing on her Acorn and then got accepted a couple days after on the application portal! 

Good luck everyone :) 

17 hours ago, samz99 said:

Hey! A friend and I have and see the same thing too and we're both studying at Ryerson right now. In my Acorn under finances it says a $300 deposit fee for acceptance. Also, under Program it says I am currently enrolled in the MT (P/J) and start session is 2021 Fall. Although, on the application portal it still says "under review".

I asked a friend who applied to OISE last year and she said this highly likely means early acceptance! She also did see the same thing on her Acorn and then got accepted a couple days after on the application portal! 

Good luck everyone :) 

I just updated and I see this too. I have deposits for P/J and J/I, but my degree registration status says "Invited" for PJ, but "Financially Cancelled" for J/I. Maybe I'm accepted for P/J and not J/I? I really hope this means we are in but HOT DAMN it's nerve-racking. 

I am a current U of T student and just checked my acorn and saw that I have outstanding admission deposits for both streams I applied for (I/S and J/I). In my programs section, it says I am currently enrolled in both MT I/S and J/I. Hopefully this means early acceptance but it is a little confusing! Really hoping its not a glitch and I didn't get my hopes up for nothing lol

Hi everyone! :) 

I noticed on Sunday that I had outstanding admission deposits on ACORN for my application for MT (p/j), and today I just got my status on the application portal changed to "decision made" and I got accepted!!

I do think that the fees on ACORN was a heads up for the acceptance. I think once you notice it on ACORN, in a few days your application status will change (it took two days for mine to). 

Sending out good vibes to everyone, and hope you all hear back soon!! 

6 hours ago, m0811 said:

Hi everyone! :) 

I noticed on Sunday that I had outstanding admission deposits on ACORN for my application for MT (p/j), and today I just got my status on the application portal changed to "decision made" and I got accepted!!

I do think that the fees on ACORN was a heads up for the acceptance. I think once you notice it on ACORN, in a few days your application status will change (it took two days for mine to). 

Sending out good vibes to everyone, and hope you all hear back soon!! 

Congrats congrats?, hopefully everyone hear only good news. I applied early Dec so probably not gonna hear from them anytime soon.

I ended up following up with admissions about it and they told me it was a glitch in their system appearing for all applicants and that the deposit should only appear on ACORN after you have submitted a confirmation form for the program and formally been given an Offer of Admission. I'm not sure how accurate that is but it sucks because I definitely got my hopes up a bit :( 

1 hour ago, nik1999 said:

I ended up following up with admissions about it and they told me it was a glitch in their system appearing for all applicants and that the deposit should only appear on ACORN after you have submitted a confirmation form for the program and formally been given an Offer of Admission. I'm not sure how accurate that is but it sucks because I definitely got my hopes up a bit :( 

That's definitely disappointing if true. Although I do wonder if the glitch is revealing who they have already selected for admission and not just everyone. I think the fact that it happened last year and that someone said they had their official status changed to accepted shortly after seeing the deposit is a good sign for us. 

49 minutes ago, student100 said:

That's definitely disappointing if true. Although I do wonder if the glitch is revealing who they have already selected for admission and not just everyone. I think the fact that it happened last year and that someone said they had their official status changed to accepted shortly after seeing the deposit is a good sign for us. 

Yeah who knows, acorn also shows I am enrolled in the 2021 M/T program, is it the same for you?

7 minutes ago, optimistic_ said:

Yeah who knows, acorn also shows I am enrolled in the 2021 M/T program, is it the same for you?

My acorn is also saying that I am enrolled in the MT "elementary" and "secondary" programs with a start date of Fall 2021. 

8 minutes ago, futureed20 said:

I also never got the deposit or anything on my acorn account! Hopefully that doesn’t mean anything.. I’m super anxious about this whole situation. 

I don't think it really means much! I think the most probable explanation is that if you do have a deposit, you have already been selected for admission. If not, there's still TONS of time for you to get accepted later. This whole thing is stressful! Sending everyone good luck and good vibes ☺️

23 hours ago, cakebytheocean said:

I also never got the deposit on acorn! I was also admitted into the MACSE program and that is not showing up on my admissions portal or my acorn account yet

I was also accepted into the MACSE and didn't see anything about that program on my ACORN yet. But I did see deposits for the Masters of Teaching, which I haven't heard from yet!