2021 Waitlist Thread

HomoLudens

27 minutes ago, pinkgradient said:

Waitlisted at Madison, Hopkins, and OSU. No rejections yet.

Hoping one of these works out in my favor...

Also waitlisted at OSU! Here's to hope for us ? Anyone know the details of their waitlist, is it ranked, what are the chances of getting in, etc?

Rejected from WUSTL but did not expect to even have my application read by them, haha. Haven't heard back from anywhere else yet

23 minutes ago, kirad16 said:

Also waitlisted at OSU! Here's to hope for us ? Anyone know the details of their waitlist, is it ranked, what are the chances of getting in, etc?

Rejected from WUSTL but did not expect to even have my application read by them, haha. Haven't heard back from anywhere else yet

I think I am going to ask Prof. Pincock some of these questions in an email tomorrow. I will post something here when I receive a response. Here's hoping that I see you in Columbus!

On 2/10/2021 at 8:21 AM, eleatics said:

Waitlisted by BC! It seems like they tend to stagger their emails so if you haven't heard from them yet, don't panic ?

Just updating to confirm that BC is staggering their acceptances/waitlists/interviews this year due to a record number of applications (posted in the fb group by someone who contacted BC)

I see the waves of rejections on certain dates from a school on the results board, so if I didn't get one is that a good sign? I've yet to receive an official waitlist though or anything. The university in question is Boston College. Looks like rejections were sent out on the 11th via email. 

44 minutes ago, PhilBlast said:

I see the waves of rejections on certain dates from a school on the results board, so if I didn't get one is that a good sign? I've yet to receive an official waitlist though or anything. The university in question is Boston College. Looks like rejections were sent out on the 11th via email. 

I have heard that BC is staggering acceptances/waitlists this year, so there may be another wave of interview requests sent out in the near future. I can't confirm this, though. Might not hurt to just reach out to them and briefly check in?

2 hours ago, Bourbak1 said:

Waitlisted by Boulder.

Do you happen to know if they sent out acceptances yet? I have yet to hear from them and fearing the worst now that it looks like several people have been notified of the wait list

2 hours ago, kira16 said:

Do you happen to know if they sent out acceptances yet? I have yet to hear from them and fearing the worst now that it looks like several people have been notified of the wait list

Someone on the FB group appears to have claimed an acceptance back on the 6th via phone ? 

Helpful info for UO waitlisters to know -- UO is only accepting one person this year. I am also leaning towards declining my spot on the waitlist ASAP if I manage to get into any programs in the next two weeks or so

Edited by eleatics

2 hours ago, eleatics said:

Helpful info for UO waitlisters to know -- UO is only accepting one person this year. I am also leaning towards declining my spot on the waitlist ASAP if I manage to get into any programs in the next two weeks or so

They also only accepted one person last year.  Makes me concerned about the amount of funding their department is getting for it to be like that two years in a row...and I know there is COVID and all but still...

7 hours ago, pinkgradient said:

Received a kind email from Thomas Hofweber saying I am on a short waitlist at UNC Chapel-Hill. This is my fourth waitlist this cycle, and I am feeling a bit like a perpetual bridesmaid, but this sounds very promising. Exciting stuff!

I've been waitlisted at three places so far... Let's all stay hopeful!

I was waitlisted for Columbia University. I'm so nervous because I haven't heard from many schools, only two in Scotland. Hopefully more come soon! Anyone know much about Columbia's waitlist for the Russia, Eurasia, and Eastern Europe MA program?

35 minutes ago, Victoria_121234 said:

I was waitlisted for Columbia University. I'm so nervous because I haven't heard from many schools, only two in Scotland. Hopefully more come soon! Anyone know much about Columbia's waitlist for the Russia, Eurasia, and Eastern Europe MA program?

Just to check-in, was this for Philosophy? This is a philosophy thread but it sounds like you're applying to a non-philosophy program and, if so, there may be a different forum that would be able to answer your question!