2021 Acceptance Thread

HomoLudens

5 hours ago, eleatics said:

Hi all! Wondering if anyone might be able to confirm an acceptance to SUNY Stony Brook? It seems like there's one acceptance listed on the results page, but no mention of it in the forums or the fb group. Thanks!

The timing is about right but yeah a direct claim would be nice ? 

37 minutes ago, hassanJD said:

accepted at university of memphis! (PhD) 

Are you the person that heard via phone on the 6th by chance?

I noticed that checking into the Facebook group and Gradcafe yesterday really activated a lot of anxiety for me which spilled over into today (knowing that someone got a phone call from one of my top schools). I realized that for me personally, only checking those sites about once a week is probably the most i can do without completely wrecking my nervous system over the next few weeks! Definitely take care of yourself everybody over the next month or so!

Edited by antes090

7 hours ago, Cold Latte said:

Hi, does anybody know if Fordham has sent out interview invites? 

Hey, it looks like no word on if Fordham conducts interviews. It looks like notification by phone around March 1st (according to the last two years). The spreadsheet states Feb 24 notification, but this year is an outlier.

29 minutes ago, JonnyPhil said:

Hey, it looks like no word on if Fordham conducts interviews. It looks like notification by phone around March 1st (according to the last two years). The spreadsheet states Feb 24 notification, but this year is an outlier.

Here is the past data from Fordham (unless I misentered something which has happened before). They usually released by mid Feb or so but have gone as late as March 1st ??‍♂️

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 1.15.40 PM.png

2 hours ago, JonnyPhil said:

1 hour ago, MtnDuck said:

Here is the past data from Fordham (unless I misentered something which has happened before). They usually released by mid Feb or so but have gone as late as March 1st ??‍♂️

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 1.15.40 PM.png

Thanks a lot for your responses!! :) 

On 2/10/2021 at 2:08 PM, antes090 said:

I noticed that checking into the Facebook group and Gradcafe yesterday really activated a lot of anxiety for me which spilled over into today (knowing that someone got a phone call from one of my top schools). I realized that for me personally, only checking those sites about once a week is probably the most i can do without completely wrecking my nervous system over the next few weeks! Definitely take care of yourself everybody over the next month or so!

LOL whoever this is just copied a message I sent to the Discord group and pasted it here ??? listen I'm dealing with enough anxiety from admissions so pls don't steal my identity on top of that!! (just kidding but really everyone please do take care of yourself) I only mention it since my name is on the Discord post so just in case this person ever gets shady you know it wasn't me ???

Love,

Only Checks GradCafe/Facebook On Friday Afternoons

PS honestly you should try it. This type of selective ignorance is almost certainly excellent for your well-being ??

1 hour ago, CleoOfSicily said:

Hello Everyone!

I received decisions from all the schools I applied to (1a/1w/3r), but nothing from DePaul yet. 

Anyone received anything from them?

My anxiety is killing me ?

Hmm I think their interviews and acceptances went out a while ago.

3 minutes ago, Olórin said:

Hmm I think their interviews and acceptances went out a while ago.

Oh.. the problem is that for some reason my application was only received on the 2nd of February. What about the rejections though?

Thank you for answering! 

1 minute ago, CleoOfSicily said:

Oh.. the problem is that for some reason my application was only received on the 2nd of February. What about the rejections though?

Thank you for answering! 

Eh, historically they send out rejections quite late, and I probably wouldn't count on them since they sent out interviews on 1/29 (according to the results page). I would say "never say never," but since you already have an acceptance and a waitlist, maybe never is the right attitude for them haha.

2 minutes ago, Olórin said:

Eh, historically they send out rejections quite late, and I probably wouldn't count on them since they sent out interviews on 1/29 (according to the results page). I would say "never say never," but since you already have an acceptance and a waitlist, maybe never is the right attitude for them haha.

Guess I will have to prepare myself mentally for the rejection ?

Thank you again!