2021 Acceptance Thread

HomoLudens

1 minute ago, Christopher Sun said:

Also accepted to Toronto Philosophy PhD w/ funding via email!

Hey Christoper! Im a current U Toronto student and I was born and raised here in Toronto (though I did my undergrad and masters degrees elsewhere). Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

21 hours ago, vx138 said:

Has anyone else heard from UC Riverside (besides the one acceptance reported on the FB group)? 

You probs already saw this on the FB group, but it's up to two acceptances and it sounds like a few folks were asked to send in a second writing sample a while back (and not all of them have heard back)

8 minutes ago, PhilBlast said:

I have yet to hear back from anywhere...is this a bad sign? Really stressing about it at the moment.

I get the stress but it's not necessarily a bad thing! Lots of schools won't start releasing decisions until mid-Feb or March. Hang in there!

1 minute ago, PhilBlast said:

Thank you! I really needed to hear that!

No worries! I 100% get it. I feel p lucky that this season is over as soon as it's begun for me, but I was a wreck last year. Try to not spend too much time here (but I get that it's tough!) and keep in mind that results aren't a reflection on you and your value in the field. 

Got accepted to Thunderbird for the Master of Global Management program! I'll be finishing my undergrad this May and it's looking like I'll be able to turn my internship into a full-time position. This year has been going very well for me! Congrats to everyone else's acceptances too! ?

21 minutes ago, Wynn22 said:

Got accepted to Thunderbird for the Master of Global Management program! I'll be finishing my undergrad this May and it's looking like I'll be able to turn my internship into a full-time position. This year has been going very well for me! Congrats to everyone else's acceptances too! ?

Congratulations on your acceptance! Although, as a heads up, you appear to be in the wrong section: this section of the forum is for philosophy applicants. But if you ever want to change your mind and enter a ruthless academic job market, I imagine we'll welcome you with open arms! ?

Just now, coreaffect said:

Congratulations on your acceptance! Although, as a heads up, you appear to be in the wrong section: this section of the forum is for philosophy applicants. But if you ever want to change your mind and enter a ruthless academic job market, I imagine we'll welcome you with open arms! ?

OOPS my bad I just joined the website and I only saw the thread title lol!  ??

2 hours ago, PhilBlast said:

I have yet to hear back from anywhere...is this a bad sign? Really stressing about it at the moment.

I am also stressing so much too, especially since I know people who have had multiple offers already, but its only the beginning of week 2 of Feb, so it is still really early! This year is so unpredictable and has already been different than other years, so we really can't count ourselves out until its over. Even on normal years there are always acceptances that are unexpected, or later than others, or some other weird circumstance. I know saying all this probably doesn't help that much (I would know, because I am still extremely on edge anyway), but it is something to hold onto when you're really spinning... *Insert cliche classroom poster of a kitten hanging onto a tree branch that says "Hang in there!"*

1 minute ago, semiotic_mess said:

I am also stressing so much too, especially since I know people who have had multiple offers already, but its only the beginning of week 2 of Feb, so it is still really early! This year is so unpredictable and has already been different than other years, so we really can't count ourselves out until its over. Even on normal years there are always acceptances that are unexpected, or later than others, or some other weird circumstance. I know saying all this probably doesn't help that much (I would know, because I am still extremely on edge anyway), but it is something to hold onto when you're really spinning... *Insert cliche classroom poster of a kitten hanging onto a tree branch that says "Hang in there!"*

I appreciate your post. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.