2021 Acceptance Thread

HomoLudens

24 minutes ago, ObamaIsGuiltyOfWarCrimes said:

omg tell me more. I'm going to cry. All of my top choices are running away it seems.

I've had a brief chat with someone else I know who was just admitted to the same program, we each received an automated e-mail around 1:15PM. It is probably worth checking the portal for any update. Sorry if this means a no-go for UBC, but you've got many more irons it the fire it looks like! :)

2 hours ago, sokratis said:

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Oxford do tend to send out all their acceptances (and subsequently, rejections) in one batch. To my knowledge, they don’t have a wait list. 

Yikes, likely bad news for my Oxford applications.

I haven't seen anyone claim acceptances to the MSt in Practical Ethics yet... do you think they've sent all acceptances for that out already? 

23 hours ago, polemicist said:

Yikes, likely bad news for my Oxford applications.

I haven't seen anyone claim acceptances to the MSt in Practical Ethics yet... do you think they've sent all acceptances for that out already? 

I did some searching through the results reporting log, and it looks like they always release that information separately so I am still holding out hope!!

I was accepted at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. However, I have been waitlisted for their funding. Is there anyone out there that has been accepted with funding but plans to reject their offer? If this is indeed the case, please let me know! I am trying to see what the chances are of receiving funding. Additionally, if their is any information regarding this matter on facebook, will someone post it here (I am not on social media) ? 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Larry David said:

I was accepted at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. However, I have been waitlisted for their funding. Is there anyone out there that has been accepted with funding but plans to reject their offer? If this is indeed the case, please let me know! I am trying to see what the chances are of receiving funding. Additionally, if their is any information regarding this matter on facebook, will someone post it here (I am not on social media) ? 

Thanks!

I believe 2-3 others reported WL for funding whilst 3 folks reported acceptances. I know one person who was accepted was also accepted to Notre Dame and two other places and another has 2A and 2WL currently. No indicated movement from folks who were accepted yet but it seems possible that at least 1-2 could end up going elsewhere fwiw.

Just now, MtnDuck said:

I believe 2-3 others reported WL for funding whilst 3 folks reported acceptances. I know one person who was accepted was also accepted to Notre Dame and two other places and another has 2A and 2WL currently. No indicated movement from folks who were accepted yet but it seems possible that at least 1-2 could end up going elsewhere fwiw.

Thank you, this is helpful information!

Hello! Long-time lurker and first-time poster here. I didn't join the Facebook group (for my mental well-being's sake), so I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the Yale waitlist. I thought they historically didn't have a waitlist, and am still shocked that I'm on it. Given that they only have about 4 spots this year, I wonder if I should hold out any hope, or just think of it as basically a rejection...I'd appreciate any information or advice!

edit: Sorry, I just realized I should've posted this in the waitlist thread ?

Edited by washabirva
posted on the wrong thread

5 minutes ago, washabirva said:

Hello! Long-time lurker and first-time poster here. I didn't join the Facebook group (for my mental well-being's sake), so I was wondering if anyone heard anything about the Yale waitlist. I thought they historically didn't have a waitlist, and am still shocked that I'm on it. Given that they only have about 4 spots this year, I wonder if I should hold out any hope, or just think of it as basically a rejection...I'd appreciate any information or advice!

edit: Sorry, I just realized I should've posted this in the waitlist thread ?

First of all, congratulations! That is a huge achievement, and I envy your position.

There are at least 3 or 4 other people on the waitlist. I'm not sure what that means, but I would have hope if I were you. You never know what may happen over the course of the next month and a half! There may especially be some movement after NYU, Princeton, Harvard, USC, etc. release their decisions

17 minutes ago, PolPhil said:

First of all, congratulations! That is a huge achievement, and I envy your position.

There are at least 3 or 4 other people on the waitlist. I'm not sure what that means, but I would have hope if I were you. You never know what may happen over the course of the next month and a half! There may especially be some movement after NYU, Princeton, Harvard, USC, etc. release their decisions

Thank you for your kind words! Yeah, I was giddy about it at first, then I resumed spiraling and having anxiety attacks the next day, so the high lasted about one day I suppose ? Do you know how many people posted about acceptances, and whether they're among those who keep getting accepted (which would be good news to me)?

8 minutes ago, washabirva said:

Thank you for your kind words! Yeah, I was giddy about it at first, then I resumed spiraling and having anxiety attacks the next day, so the high lasted about one day I suppose ? Do you know how many people posted about acceptances, and whether they're among those who keep getting accepted (which would be good news to me)?

No one in the Facebook group has claimed an acceptance, but 5 people have claimed waitlists. Most of these people have other options, but Yale is likely their top choice, or among their 2 or 3 top choices so far. Again, we'll have a better idea of things after this week or maybe next week when most of the top-ranked programs have released their decisions

So I was originally accepted to the M.A. at Western's Center for Theory and Criticism, but I received a surprising email from the director that they have decided to admit me directly to the doctoral program?? Idk, I got my hopes up too many times this cycle so I need to email to confirm, but I believe a tentative 'yay' is warranted nonetheless!

1 hour ago, somethingwitty said:

So I was originally accepted to the M.A. at Western's Center for Theory and Criticism, but I received a surprising email from the director that they have decided to admit me directly to the doctoral program?? Idk, I got my hopes up too many times this cycle so I need to email to confirm, but I believe a tentative 'yay' is warranted nonetheless!

That's great news. Did you apply to both programs?