2021 Acceptance Thread

HomoLudens

Accepted to Simon Fraser, including full funding, travel funds, and the special graduate entrance scholarship. I am surprised: my writing sample was extremely niche, disallowing me to gauge how the committee would view it. Whatever the case, I am glad they found my research outline appealing, as I was nervous about this a month ago.
Edited by coreaffect
spelling

38 minutes ago, coreaffect said:
Accepted to Simon Fraser, including full funding, travel funds, and the special graduate entrance scholarship. I am surprised: my writing sample was extremely niche, disallowing me to gauge how the committee would view it. Whatever the case, I am glad they found my research outline appealing, as I was nervous about this a month ago.

Congrats. Simon Fraser is a first-class MA program

Arizona State HPS has made their offer official. I had it grouped about equally with MSU and Calgary. I have no idea what I'll do. If anyone is on a waitlist for one of these, please PM me and I will be completely transparent and offer you updates.

Just now, PoliTheory2021 said:

Oh wow, I guess the waitlist email has gone out too? But where are the acceptances? There is only one on gradcafe and one on Facebook ... doesn't that seem kind of low?

No there are more on Facebook and the Grad Cafe

3 hours ago, somethingwitty said:

Not strictly a philosophy program, but I have been accepted to Western's Theory and Criticism program!

Awesome! Congrats! I'm waiting to hear back from them so I hope I have a chance. I noticed me and you applied to a lot of the same places. Maybe we'll cross paths some time, since we also share the same interests as well. 

Edited by PhilBlast

2 minutes ago, java_mej said:

Hi all, haven't heard back from Oxford for the Philosophy DPhil. Should I assume rejection at this stage?

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Oxford do tend to send out all their acceptances (and subsequently, rejections) in one batch. To my knowledge, they don’t have a wait list.