2022-2023 Clinical Psychology Applications - Canada

32 minutes ago, Psyched12345 said:

Does anyone think the forum is less active this year because of less people applying? someone mentioned this to me and i cant decide if it makes sense

I would  love for this to be true, but I think the number of applicants will be the same as previous years (hopefully less than last year in the case that a few schools had 2-3X the applicants). I think there does tend to be fluctuation in terms of how busy these forums are, so I don't really think it can be an indication of the number of applicants. Maybe there are just more lurkers or people are using older topics to look at previous year's advice, etc? 

2 hours ago, emsmith said:

I would  love for this to be true, but I think the number of applicants will be the same as previous years (hopefully less than last year in the case that a few schools had 2-3X the applicants). I think there does tend to be fluctuation in terms of how busy these forums are, so I don't really think it can be an indication of the number of applicants. Maybe there are just more lurkers or people are using older topics to look at previous year's advice, etc? 

If the numbers of applicants return to what they were pre-Covid then I would be absolutely overjoyed haha. Covid made applications a mess 

School: York (Clinical-Developmental Psychology) 

Date of invite: January 6

Date of interview: January 25 (meeting with POI followed by a meeting with post-docs, and grad students) 

I got a direct email from the POI. I was also invited to the open house on January 28. If anyone is a current student or has some insight into the interview please let me know :).

Feel free to message me for POI initials!

4 minutes ago, SoundofSilence said:

It's nice to see that things are starting to move. Congrats to everyone with an interview invite! ?

Anyone hear anything from SFU? They had one of the (if not the) earliest deadlines and I haven't seen anyone with news from them. 

Not a word yet on my end, I have a feeling they will take a while.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:03 PM, emsmith said:

Good luck to everyone who is getting interviews!

Does anyone have any good interview prep/resources they would be willing to share? There's a lot online for general PhD programs, but not a lot for clinical psych. 

No results posted yet for any of the programs I applied to but the nerves are getting high ? trying not to freak out thinking 'are people getting interviews for these programs but nobody is posting about it?' I know it's still early but it's so easy to obsess over it.

idk if you listen to podcasts but clinically psyched has an episode on interviews

2 hours ago, SoundofSilence said:

It's nice to see that things are starting to move. Congrats to everyone with an interview invite! ?

Anyone hear anything from SFU? They had one of the (if not the) earliest deadlines and I haven't seen anyone with news from them. 

I am a current clinical graduate student at SFU and believe the interview invites will be going out very soon! I am interviewing applicants and have received word that they have finalized the list and have assigned graduate student interviewers. 

If anyone is applying for SFU this application cycle and has questions about the program (particularly the forensic track), feel free to shoot me a DM!

Edited by rainydaychai

Just now, rainydaychai said:

I am a current clinical graduate student at SFU and believe the interview invites will be going out very soon! I am interviewing applicants and have received word that they have finalized the list and have assigned graduate student interviewers. 

Thanks so much for the update

I contacted my PI's, so I just wanted to give out some info that they gave me!

Windsor PI says that they will start reviewing applications and scheduling interviews in the "near future", which interviews typically being around end of January/early February. 

UBCO PI just said that they haven't began reviewing yet when I talked to them last week, so they may have started to review now.

Just thought it would calm some of us to know that they likely haven't even seen our applications! It's nerve-wrecking to hear about all the US applicants hearing back this early, so just know that our timeline is different. 

Hey! Congrats to those that have gotten an interview so far! I haven’t heard back from any universities I have applied to so I was just wondering about those who have gotten an interview at UTSC, Windsor, York, Queens, McGill, McMaster and UBC so far if your okay with it would you be able to Dm me just so I can get an idea of the poi and the timeline and to ease my anxiousness ?

Edited by Uni17

On 1/6/2022 at 6:47 PM, psyc2020 said:

School: York (Clinical-Developmental Psychology) 

Date of invite: January 6

Date of interview: January 25 (meeting with POI followed by a meeting with post-docs, and grad students) 

I got a direct email from the POI. I was also invited to the open house on January 28. If anyone is a current student or has some insight into the interview please let me know :).

Feel free to message me for POI initials!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about York or their interviews- I'm a current clinical PhD student!

School: Queen's University - Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of Invite (Interview with POI): Jan 9th

Date of Interview: Sometime this week or next - I have yet to set it up 

DM if you have any questions!! This is my second time applying :)

Edited by carlrogersfan98