MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

2 hours ago, teaandSW21 said:

ugh.. the wait for UofT 2 year sucks, last year early march on the exact same day as this year is when they released advance standing, then there seems to be a large gap for anyone to hear about the 2 year.. I hope it is the end of March rather than waiting another month.. like many other folks I am trying to figure out what to do with my life and these decisions are impacting that more than i'd imagine.. looking for places in Ottawa while realizing I don't actually want to move there as I live in Toronto currently and have a great job with TGH and another part time job at a cafe.. but knowing I could just be waiting to hear about waitlist spot like last time seems really difficult.. could be waiting until August or september all over again.. makes things so hard! 

I remember your name from last years thread. Congrats on getting into Ottawa/Carlton.

10 minutes ago, Pizza Ovenz said:

Somebody I know just received a rejection from UofT MSW 2 year program. Anyone else receive anything? 

Sorry to hear that person received a rejection! How were they notified? 

4 minutes ago, Cept123456 said:

Anyone else heard from Waterloo? 

No not yet... I emailed them yesterday and they said that they have started to post their decisions on each applicant's Quest but the process continues over several days. They hope that by next week all their decisions will be posted and said to continue checking Quest. ?

3 minutes ago, HBSW2021 said:

No not yet... I emailed them yesterday and they said that they have started to post their decisions on each applicant's Quest but the process continues over several days. They hope that by next week all their decisions will be posted and said to continue checking Quest. ?

Waiting for decision from waterloo. Are you guys receiving notification in email or on Quest? 

7 minutes ago, HBSW2021 said:

Thanks for the update! The wait is brutal lol

2 minutes ago, Gradnew said:

Waiting for decision from waterloo. Are you guys receiving notification in email or on Quest? 

I am from Science background (PhD). Do they consider people from other background. Any thoughts? 

10 minutes ago, hopefulsomehow said:

Ahh! Does that mean today or this week? My status is still "Released to program" 

I got waitlisted today, so I'm assuming it has already started ?

Has anyone else received an email from Uoft (MSW 2 years program)?  It feels weird that they are sending out decisions that soon compared to last few years! I have checked SGS & ACORN. Nothing was there!!

For those wondering about UofT 2-year program, it is typical for them to send out rejections way before waitlists or acceptances. Last year I recall rejections being sent out in early March, several weeks before the acceptances/waitlists were sent out - we can expect acceptance/waitlists to go out last week of March/first week of April. 

I believe this is around when they officially start reviewing the 2-year program applications, and some get rejected early on based on the admissions criteria (e.g. not meeting GPA cut off, etc). 

I applied to the MSW 2-year program at U of T. Dies anyone know how we gain access to ACORN to check our results? I keep seeing it mentioned and I see that you need a student ID# to access - I don't believe I've received one. Hopefully this doesn't mean I'll be rejected ?

7 minutes ago, taco-belle said:

I applied to the MSW 2-year program at U of T. Dies anyone know how we gain access to ACORN to check our results? I keep seeing it mentioned and I see that you need a student ID# to access - I don't believe I've received one. Hopefully this doesn't mean I'll be rejected ?

When you applied, you should have received two emails from U of T (SGS admissions) -- one with a "joinID" and another with your student number! You have to enable your joinID before you register your acorn account! If you dont see those emails, I would check your junk mail!