MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

20 minutes ago, gradnotsad said:

For UofT's Diversity and Equity training requirement, will that be provided by the school? Or do we have to do it ourselves?

I just asked a friend in the program and they said we will be invited to one, which will be in July. 

Still waiting to hear back from Laurier’s advanced standing, last name starts with D. Really trying not to lose hope :( also no word on movement from Windsor’s waitlist. Is it worth emailing trying to get info about the waitlist? They say they can’t tell you anything about it but has anyone heard otherwise? 

2 minutes ago, mswwaiting said:

Still waiting to hear back from Laurier’s advanced standing, last name starts with D. Really trying not to lose hope :( also no word on movement from Windsor’s waitlist. Is it worth emailing trying to get info about the waitlist? They say they can’t tell you anything about it but has anyone heard otherwise? 

someone said they declined their offer to the windsor program this past friday!

4 minutes ago, mswwaiting said:

haven't heard back from laurier either... i have to accept another offer as of today, I can't wait for them any longer! just assuming I didn't get in anyways LOL

9 minutes ago, MSWapplicant1998 said:

Nothing... I saw someone here heard early this month which makes me very nervous 

From what I understand they send out results based on when you applied. I applied closer to the deadline so I’m not expecting to hear closer till the end! Don’t stress just yet (I know it’s hard I really feel you)!

24 minutes ago, mswwaiting said:

No. It is not worth it. I asked if they would be able to tell me how many people are on the waitlist and even then, they said they wouldn't be able to disclose that. 

I did, however, ask if Windsor saw increased applications this cycle to their 2 year non-BSW MSW and they said they received "roughly the same amount of applications as previous years". 

9 hours ago, HBSW2021 said:

Hi there, I’m not certain but I don’t think it’s a bad sign that your status changed twice! My status changed to “In Process” on January 14 and then again on February 11 (still “In Process”) before receiving my official offer by email on March 7. I hope that’s helps! 
For anyone who may be on the waitlist, I declined my offer to Windsor’s MSWwp last Friday so I hope that opens up a spot for someone! 

Thank you so much for responding! I submitted my applications a bit later (end of January) as one of my references took a bit of time, so my status changed to in process February 1st, then again March 25th. I hope this is a good sign! Fingers crossed! Best of luck to you! 

9 hours ago, retropg said:

I have no idea if it's good or bad, but I'm in the same boat! Status still says "in process" on eGAS, with a new status date change of March 24, 2022. I personally am not optimistic about it as it seems like many folks were accepted/waitlisted last week and just prior to that but fingers crossed for the both of us!

Yes me too!  I submitted my applications a bit later (end of January), so my status changed to in process February 1st, then again March 25th. I hope this is a good sign for the both of us! Fingers crossed! Best of luck to you! 

8 minutes ago, matty16 said:

Just speculating based off of last year. They seemed to all go out in one day if I recall correctly.

Well on one hand if that's true we find out tomorrow for sure but I have a friend that was accepted April 8 last year and I was notified on April 9th.

Fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, tturtle said:

the last two you mentioned should be uploaded to the "Additional Document Requirement from Graduate Unit" which will be at the bottom of the drop-down menu :) 

Thank you for the clarification. Did you ask the dept. or anyone specific? Because in the package it just says submit these forms under the document that reads confirmation form. So a little confused lol

5 minutes ago, Unicornfrrf said:

Does uoft really do all acceptances in one day? One of my friend said it’s rolling acceptances. I hope there is still hope :(

it's been going on for several days now and the good news is no one has gotten waitlisted or rejected yet. Hang in there. 

1 hour ago, HopeisthewaytoCope said:

Thank you for the clarification. Did you ask the dept. or anyone specific? Because in the package it just says submit these forms under the document that reads confirmation form. So a little confused lol

on page 14 of the package :)

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.03.42 PM.png

41 minutes ago, teaandSW21 said:

it's been going on for several days now and the good news is no one has gotten waitlisted or rejected yet. Hang in there. 

someone in this forum said one of their friend got rejected couple days ago or something. but yea I haven't seen anyone being waitlisted. even if we do get waitlisted, I see alot of us lol. 

37 minutes ago, tturtle said:

on page 14 of the package :)

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.03.42 PM.png

Edit - Ok I went to double check and my package does not say that. It says to upload both as a Confirmation Form. I'm gonna err on the side of caution and upload it as an Additional Document. 

Edited by DD2021

4 minutes ago, HopeisthewaytoCope said:

Unfortunately, i think we might have different packages lol. is this is the 2 year program one?

This is adv standing! hmm, I ctrl+f'd "additional" and maybe that will help?