MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

On 3/16/2022 at 8:46 AM, IWantMSW said:

I can't believe it, but I just got my acceptance letter from King's (2 year). I am in shock, I honestly can't believe it... I was certain I won't get in this year. I keep going back to the letter and rechecking that I read it correctly.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting, this has been incredibly painful and I'm so glad it's over.

Just sent my admissions acceptance today!

I'm from out of country and noticed King's/UWO's tuition is higher than say UBCO's 2-yr MSW or UVic's. Wondering if it means anything or it's just how it is?

42 minutes ago, Melibera said:

Just sent my admissions acceptance today!

I'm from out of country and noticed King's/UWO's tuition is higher than say UBCO's 2-yr MSW or UVic's. Wondering if it means anything or it's just how it is?

Congrats!

University fees are set by the province, (Kings/UWO are in Ontario and UVIC/ UBCO are in BC) Ontario is one of the most expensive provinces for school. I believe there is now a cap on how much they can go up per year.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:12 AM, alwayswaytoolatemsw said:

lol I didn't even know there was a deadline for the OGS. I am also waiting for my result. It looks dim. lol. Last name starts with R and first time applying to UofT MSW. 

It should say on the schools website, as deadlines are up to each individual school. But I’ve found the application is usually due the previous fall/winter. 

2 hours ago, teaandSW21 said:

Any UofT updates yet today?

Nothing for me either. 
My SGS still only says "submitted". 
I've lost hope for it and am now just planning for how to make next year's application more successful. 
(There are a lot of ways to make my application better... I'm no longer even very bitter about it.)
I honestly just.. am a little.. anxious/desperate for closure on the process. I wish we knew when wait lists come out, when they stop coming out, and when rejections come out. 
It's been 6 days now since we started hearing domestic acceptances and that feels like a long time comparatively. 

19 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Nothing for me either. 
My SGS still only says "submitted". 
I've lost hope for it and am now just planning for how to make next year's application more successful. 
(There are a lot of ways to make my application better... I'm no longer even very bitter about it.)
I honestly just.. am a little.. anxious/desperate for closure on the process. I wish we knew when wait lists come out, when they stop coming out, and when rejections come out. 
It's been 6 days now since we started hearing domestic acceptances and that feels like a long time comparatively. 

Just a heads up! The "submitted" portion on SGS doesn't change once a decision comes out (mine hasn't anyway, still says submitted ?) I found out via acorn and then got an email about 3-ish days later

32 minutes ago, tturtle said:

Just a heads up! The "submitted" portion on SGS doesn't change once a decision comes out (mine hasn't anyway, still says submitted ?) I found out via acorn and then got an email about 3-ish days later

Good to know. 
I keep refreshing both lol. I'm pretty sure people here have mentioned their status on SGS changing too but acorn happens faster. 

1 minute ago, Gradschoolattempt2 said:

I got my acceptance to UBCO foundational program this morning. My email was in my junk mail so don't forget to check there for those waiting! Good luck everyone! 

Congrats! When did you apply?

50 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Good to know. 
I keep refreshing both lol. I'm pretty sure people here have mentioned their status on SGS changing too but acorn happens faster. 

My status still says Submitted as well when I first log in. However it says I have a status update when I actually open the application. 

Screenshot_20220329-145124_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Gradschoolattempt2 said:

I applied right before christmas and my references were all in by the first week of January or so. I believe it was Jan 18th that I got the email that mine was under review. Hope you hear back soon!

Thank you so much! I got that email January 24th so hopefully soon! Congratulations again, I’m so happy for you!

Not to completely backtrack but has anybody with a last name after M heard from u of t? I’m trying not to keep hope if it’s unreasonable or irrational but also for only people in exactly the first half of the alphabet to have heard is kinda sus? maybe they are doing 2 sections of acceptances? 

not to say I would get in, I know my application wasn’t perfect - I just want to sort out where we are in this crazy awful (but hopefully fruitful) process lol 

1 hour ago, Gradschoolattempt2 said:

I got my acceptance to UBCO foundational program this morning. My email was in my junk mail so don't forget to check there for those waiting! Good luck everyone! 

congrats! I also got my email Jan 18 that my application was 'under review' so I imagine whatever decision they make will come soon, I won't be accepting as it's too far and i've accepted Carleton.  

I've been a longtime lurker of this thread and last years. I was accepted to UofT 2 year stream yesterday, along with many other people. I know people with last names starting with S, T, K and C that were also all accepted yesterday. Our letters were all dated the 23rd though.

I know it's super hard to be in limbo right now, and it definitely feels like a repeat of last year when I got waitlisted lmao. UofT def isn't the kindest when it comes to this process. I'm not quite sure how many people got accepted this year but I think that they are probably done going through the alphabet now, and will likely be sending out waitlist in the next week or two, followed by rejections :(

1 hour ago, Bitter-Sweet said:

I've been a longtime lurker of this thread and last years. I was accepted to UofT 2 year stream yesterday, along with many other people. I know people with last names starting with S, T, K and C that were also all accepted yesterday. Our letters were all dated the 23rd though.

I know it's super hard to be in limbo right now, and it definitely feels like a repeat of last year when I got waitlisted lmao. UofT def isn't the kindest when it comes to this process. I'm not quite sure how many people got accepted this year but I think that they are probably done going through the alphabet now, and will likely be sending out waitlist in the next week or two, followed by rejections :(

What would you say you changed between your first time applying and getting waitlisted to this year applying and getting accepted?

Edited by BingBongBingBong