MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

On 4/21/2022 at 2:06 PM, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Question: 
Did anyone get professional help on crafting their application(s)?
Did everyone just workshop applications with social networks, or did anyone use something different?
I know there are organizations that help you construct and polish applications for other competitive academic programs, but I know nothing about any related to social work. 
If you have any resources to share please respond to this post &/or private message me!

I mostly spoke to past students who have gotten in.  For my resume and personal statement, I used the YorkU writing centre to polish my work and get feedback

12 hours ago, MSWapplicant1998 said:

I can’t believe I still haven’t heard from UBCO… so discouraging 

I also have not heard and I can't stop checking the portal ? so frustrating!! I assume they have to let us know by the end of the week (end of April)??

On 4/21/2022 at 5:46 PM, jk04_MSW said:

Hi all, does anyone know when we would hear back from UBCO and York 2-yr? got waitlisted at U of T March 30th I believe.. tbh don’t have hope getting off of it since I was on it last year and never heard back ?

Hey! I am in the exact same boat haha-- waitlisted at U of T on March 30th and still waiting on York and UBCO ? I know both programs have said "mid to late April" when I have asked so I assume they will let us know by the end of this week ?

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to see if anyone who was accepted to the first round of the King's 2 year program had gotten any follow up information from the Faculty? There was mention of more information being sent out in "the coming weeks" but hadn't heard anything. Was also wondering if there was a Facebook group set up? 

Hi everyone! ☺️

I wanted to give a HUGE thank you for the support on this forum, it really got me through some nail-biting times. I wanted to share my stats/results for anyone looking at this from the future. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts and graduated with a 3.7 GPA (4.3 scale). I have over 6 years/8000hrs professional working experience as an arts administrator/programmer and 1000hrs of volunteer experience (social justice, environmental, and arts-related). Results from this year:

• Carleton University (2-year in-person) - Offer of admission
  • Dalhousie University (2-year in-person) - Offer of admission
  • Wilfred Laurier University (2-year in-person) - Offer of admission (Accepted)
  • University of Toronto (2-year in-person) - Waitlisted
  • University of Toronto-ITR (2-year online) - Rejected

I officially declined my offers at Carleton and Dalhousie yesterday and I am hoping this means some good news is coming for some folks on the waitlist!

I was really unsure whether I would get in anywhere this year and I am so happy I tried anyways. Anyone needing any support or encouragement please reach out - so many people helped me this year and I would love to pay it forward.

xx

I got a question for those who got into UofT (MSW 2yr or Advance) and registered for the Diversity and Equity Workshop. 

When you guys registered and received the email, was there a passcode for Thursday's workshop? Usually, all Zoom meetings I attend have a Meeting ID/Passcode, and this email didn't attain a  Passcode.

I do not have Facebook, so I don't know if it has been discussed yet. I also emailed Angela and Mackenzie, and no word yet. 

Thank You

6 hours ago, EMMSW said:

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to see if anyone who was accepted to the first round of the King's 2 year program had gotten any follow up information from the Faculty? There was mention of more information being sent out in "the coming weeks" but hadn't heard anything. Was also wondering if there was a Facebook group set up? 

Hey there! I haven't received any more info from King's since accepting the offer (I check my uwo email every few days just in case). Also, I haven't seen anyone create a fb group yet, but I could have missed it! 

21 hours ago, EMWC said:

Hi everyone! ☺️

I wanted to give a HUGE thank you for the support on this forum, it really got me through some nail-biting times. I wanted to share my stats/results for anyone looking at this from the future. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts and graduated with a 3.7 GPA (4.3 scale). I have over 6 years/8000hrs professional working experience as an arts administrator/programmer and 1000hrs of volunteer experience (social justice, environmental, and arts-related). Results from this year:

• Carleton University (2-year in-person) - Offer of admission
  • Dalhousie University (2-year in-person) - Offer of admission
  • Wilfred Laurier University (2-year in-person) - Offer of admission (Accepted)
  • University of Toronto (2-year in-person) - Waitlisted
  • University of Toronto-ITR (2-year online) - Rejected

I officially declined my offers at Carleton and Dalhousie yesterday and I am hoping this means some good news is coming for some folks on the waitlist!

I was really unsure whether I would get in anywhere this year and I am so happy I tried anyways. Anyone needing any support or encouragement please reach out - so many people helped me this year and I would love to pay it forward.

xx

Hi! Congrats! Is the WLU application you completed the same for advanced standing online? I applied in March 2021 and was waitlisted in the fall. I am going to re-apply when applications re-open in June, but the application has changed since I last applied. I’m struggling to fit everything for the Statement of Interest in 500 words. 

46 minutes ago, MSW709 said:

Hi! Congrats! Is the WLU application you completed the same for advanced standing online? I applied in March 2021 and was waitlisted in the fall. I am going to re-apply when applications re-open in June, but the application has changed since I last applied. I’m struggling to fit everything for the Statement of Interest in 500 words. 

Congrats on being waitlisted!! I am not sure if the application was the same but I did have to answer two questions that were 500 words each. I'll send you my statement over DM if you want to take a look!

On 4/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, EMMSW said:

Hi Everyone, 

Hey, I've also not heard anything, and have been wondering when this is coming! 

I've been looking for a group as well but haven't seen anything yet.

8 hours ago, 22Msw said:

Has anyone from Kings 2 year MSW waitlist been offered acceptance yet? 

Thanks!

I was on the waitlist for two weeks and received acceptance on April 18th but I declined the offer on Monday. Someone on the waitlist will be offered acceptance soon. Good luck to you :) 

Edited by MSW_Nan

Has anyone heard about UWindsor MSWwp? My in-process date was January 13, so going on 15 weeks now. I accepted UofT already so it doesn't really matter for me, but I'm still curious to get the results! They originally said it would take 6-8 weeks to hear back ?