Waitlisters Paradise

Akin to the Post Declines and Acceptances: The Wait-lister's dream come true thread of 2010, let's usher in the 2011 thread, if you feel comfortable posting of course! Go ahead and help out your fellow Lit and Rhet/Comp folks and post acceptances and declines to help out those waitlisters who really want to get into programs. I understand that not everyone will want to post, so contribute whatever you feel necessary or comfortable with.

P.S. Congratulations to all those who've been accepted and to those who have been watilisted.

Edited by murkyama

Hahaha. This is my thread. My office mate and I are the kings of the wait list. Between the two of us, we have five waitlists at five different schools (Albany and Buffalo for him, Maryland, Rochester and Florida for me).

I REALLY hope that one of my wait lists pans out. I'm already 31, and I want to pursue this dream while I can (I've already noticed a frightening decline in my ability to pull off a successful all-nighter at this age).

I will most likely be accepting Tufts (or maybe Loyola Chicago if I get off the waitlist; conflicted right now). So to anyone waiting on a funded offer from Temple, I'll be declining them this week. I'll also be declining a most-likely-funded MA offer from Kentucky. I also declined an offer at American and will be declining Maryland, but they are unfunded MA spots, so not sure what the waitlist situation is.

Best of luck to everyone! I was in waitlist-Hell last round, so I completely know what you're all going through.

I have already declined NC State CRDM (unfunded) and Ohio University Rhet/Comp (funded), both PhD programs, and will obviously be turning down a few others in the next couple of weeks. I'm happy to post my progress here for anybody interested. Good luck to all!

waitlist at... Albany

Same here.

I REALLY hope that one of my wait lists pans out. I'm already 31, and I want to pursue this dream while I can (I've already noticed a frightening decline in my ability to pull off a successful all-nighter at this age).

Same here, give or take a year or two :)

Just notified Oregon. Best of luck to anyone waitlisted there. I'm going to Minnesota this weekend, so I will know whether I'm going to turn down Utah or them shortly after. I plan on holding out a while to wait on the Austin waitlist though. . .

I have accepted Northwestern (CLS) and have informally declined Rochester (VCS; official declining letter going out this week).

I will decline UChicago (MAPH) as soon as my mom mails it to me...although that probably won't help anybody out.

Good luck to all!

Accepted: U of Louisiana-Lafayette (Creative Writing, waitlisted for fellowship), North Texas (Creative Writing, funding ??), Louisiana State (English, full funding), Houston (English, funding ??), Southern Methodist (English, full funding),

Wailisted: Houston (Creative Writing)

MIA: UC-Davis (Comp Lit), U of Connecticut (Comp Lit & Cultural Studies) ..... anyone hear anything from these two?

I'll be waiting till the 15th for Houston, UConn & Davis; otherwise, I'm off to Baton Rouge... I'll probably be declining all other offers in the next week or so...

good luck to everyone!

On 3/23/2011 at 7:24 AM, Capo said:

I have a pretty good feeling that I'll be turning down my Rice wait-list, John_Duble_E.

Thanks for the update Capo! I hope you enjoy whichever awesome program that you do choose. ?

On 3/23/2011 at 5:14 AM, the awdude said:

Accepted: U of Louisiana-Lafayette (Creative Writing, waitlisted for fellowship), North Texas (Creative Writing, funding ??), Louisiana State (English, full funding), Houston (English, funding ??), Southern Methodist (English, full funding)

Wailisted: Houston (Creative Writing)

MIA: UC-Davis (Comp Lit), U of Connecticut (Comp Lit & Cultural Studies) ..... anyone hear anything from these two?

I'll be waiting till the 15th for Houston, UConn & Davis; otherwise, I'm off to Baton Rouge... I'll probably be declining all other offers in the next week or so...

good luck to everyone!

The Awdude, I went to ULL for my M.A., so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the update Capo! I hope you enjoy whichever awesome program that you do choose. :-)

The Awdude, I went to ULL for my M.A., so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'll keep that in mind; much appreciated!

i'm (99% sure) going to be declining a funded offer from FSU in the next week or so. hope the spot and funding gets to a waitlister!

Any word from Maryland yet? I've heard nothing (and it's taken on a greater importance since I've learned that my likely admit is on the verge of bankruptcy!)

Hahaha. This is my thread. My office mate and I are the kings of the wait list. Between the two of us, we have five waitlists at five different schools (Albany and Buffalo for him, Maryland, Rochester and Florida for me).

I am visiting a school soon, and if all goes well, as I assume it will, I will be declining Albany's offer.