Waitlisters Paradise

I am visiting a school soon, and if all goes well, as I assume it will, I will be declining Albany's offer.

That's more for my office mate than me. Albany is his top choice, and he's wait-listed (similar sub-field to yours, as well).

You're going to love UBuffalo. I visit the area all the time (I'm doing my MA at St. Bonaventure at the moment).

That's more for my office mate than me. Albany is his top choice, and he's wait-listed (similar sub-field to yours, as well).

You're going to love UBuffalo. I visit the area all the time (I'm doing my MA at St. Bonaventure at the moment).

Yes, I think he and I have talked actually. I am very excited for UBuffalo. It was one of my top choice programs.

Good luck with your wait lists, I am hoping you hear good news soon!

Declined CUNY (English), Pittsburgh(English), and UMassAmherst (Af Am Studies)

Does this mean that you're trying to decide between Vandy, Temple and Tufts, ZeeMore21? Or have you made a decision?

Best of luck!

I turned down (these are all M.A. programs)-

BC (with full tuition funding)

Georgetown (with full tuition funding and work-stipend)

UVA

NYU

Fordham

BU

Northwestern

Hope this helps some waitlisters!

Is anyone planning on turning down a funded offer to UW-Milwaukee?

I'm holding two offers right now: Cincy and Milwaukee. I'll be making a decision between them by the 1st.

Both are rhet/comp spots though, so I'm not sure if this helps you or not.

I'm holding two offers right now: Cincy and Milwaukee. I'll be making a decision between them by the 1st.

Both are rhet/comp spots though, so I'm not sure if this helps you or not.

Thanks for the head's up. I'm not sure how the funding wait-list works at Milwaukee, but I'm in literary studies.

Hello! Is anyone declining Kent State, Old Dominion, Loyola or UNLV?

I don't think UNLV has notified anyone yet. I know it's getting close to the deadline, but they've got some serious financial things to figure out in Nevada.

On 3/23/2011 at 5:57 PM, inafuturelife said:

nope, no news from maryland yet. they're on spring break and a lot of visit weekends are this weekend or last weekend, so hopefully we'll have an update soonish.

I think my odds just shrank. The Renaissance admit  told me at the welcome weekend that he was going to accept, and I just received word that the third Renaissance admit (the one who wasn't at the weekend) is accepting as well. This whole wait-list thing is more stressful than I thought it would be (I don't expect to hear from Rochester until after their visit weekend in April, and Florida's wait list seems lengthy).

Hey, sportsnerd! This really isn't good news for you, but I'm pretty certain I'll be accepting a spot at Minnesota in the next day or two. However, there were only four Ph.D. people at the visit, and I think they admitted 8 or 9, so maybe some of those people who weren't there will be declining? I don't know about the other three Ph.D. people who were at the weekend. Best of luck! What's your subfield?