MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

I had a school lose the transcripts I sent. They contacted me to tell me they need them before they can complete my application status but I already know they notified accepted people weeks ago. I'm going to be annoyed if I paid to overnight mail more transcripts so that they could officially reject me. :P

Any chance any one knows if the application online says not entered, if that means not accepted. Or just not entered preference yet? Any help would be awesome. Thanks! getting nervous over here...

Any word from ceramic programs? Where all did you apply? 

Waitlisted for WashU/WUSTL MFA, Painting. phone call.

people who have other offers and don't want to go to WashU, tell them ASAP because I DO want to go there.

re: SMFA

Did anyone get an odd email with 'SMFA Application - Further Action Needed' as the subject line?

I know some of you got interviews with SMFA (Congrat!), but did they also send out rejection emails?  

I actually called admissions today as soon as I got the email. They said they accidentally sent a mass email  of it, but they checked my paperwork and said everything is in good order. It cant hurt to call!

Hi ClayandThings,

I haven't heard from any of the ceramic programs I applied to yet.

I'm still waiting to hear from Hunter (clay and casting), LSU, Ohio State, and U of Florida. 

I received a call from a Syracuse grad student this morning. It was a pleasant conversation about their program and my interests in it. It sounds as though the graduate students may have a small say in who gets into the program. That's nice, I like that.

i got ejected from Alfred, this week via snail mail. I haven't heard from VCU, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Cranbrook, Tyler, Mass art & Risd. I also applied for a residency at Skowhegan for the summer. And I'm planning on applying for some assistantships currently. Last year I got into AIB, but i didn't want a low residency program after thinking about it for a while.

Has anyone heard anything from UGA for drawing+painting? My application status was changed to "Decision made send to Grad school" a few days ago but still nothing.

curious... I went on slideroom to check my submissions making sure everything was in order for the millionth time! But I check vcu and they still have people able to submit for ceramics until April 1st... anyone else think that's odd? 

that is strange, because VCUarts site says the deadline is Jan 15th, and begin review date is Mar 15th, which is also kind of late compare to some other departments???

it kind of worries me. https://vcugradarts.slideroom.com

it's not just ceramics either...

it also says " Fall 2013 Deadlines: VCUarts Deadline for regular admission was January 15. The School of the Arts will continue to review applications until all spots are full. "

don't they get hundreds of applicants?? or maybe this particular department didn't get enough?

I think you should call them, nobody here can provide you a solid answer.

it also says " Fall 2013 Deadlines: VCUarts Deadline for regular admission was January 15. The School of the Arts will continue to review applications until all spots are full. "

don't they get hundreds of applicants?? or maybe this particular department didn't get enough?

I think you should call them, nobody here can provide you a solid answer.

I will be calling tomorrow. It's odd. 

I've been house sitting and without internet the last few days. But I got an acceptance e-mail from UC Boulder on the 20th (Wed), 5 days after the interview the previous Friday. They said it would be about 2 weeks to hear back, so I was not expecting that e-mail. That was my top choice, for specific reasons...so I've already sent them my acceptance notice. I'm so relieved :). Good luck all!

Hi!

I have still to hear from SVA, Steinhardt and Columbia in the States.

And from Canada, Concordia, Guelph and NSCAD.

Has anyone applied/heard from these universities yet?

Thankyou!

Apparently we have a little while to wait for SVA. Probably the end of March. I think Columbia gets back in mid-march. I don't know about Steinhardt. Nice to see a fellow Canadian on here! 

I will be calling tomorrow. It's odd. 

So I emailed them about this issue and said my application was complete and the reviewing process in currently in session. When I asked about the extended deadline, that wasn't answer but they did say not to resubmit a portfolio since they are currently reviewing applicants right now. 

On a different note...if anyone was applying for Photography and Film, and Graphic Design VCU is still taking applications until April 1st. Thought I'd share that piece of information in case anyone is interested. https://vcugradarts.slideroom.com

hi -- some of you out there, have schools crossed off, did you already receive a letter not offering you a spot, or you've just decided not to go with an acceptance. Curious since I've applied and haven't heard anything yet from several schools, one being tyler and I just curious if they have notified everyone and since I haven't heard it probably because I'm not being offered a spot... Sorry this wait is driving me a bit nuts. 

Edited by relentlesslemons

hi -- some of you out there, have schools crossed off, did you already receive a letter not offering you a spot, or you've just decided not to go with an acceptance. Curious since I've applied and haven't heard anything yet from several schools, one being tyler and I just curious if they have notified everyone and since I haven't heard it probably because I'm not being offered a spot... Sorry this wait is driving me a bit nuts. 

Pretty sure it's because they've been informed formally that they weren't accepted. & I'm in the same boat as far as Tyler is concerned.