Good Sign, Omen or Hallucination - All Are Welcome!

Eager

That's so cool though!!!

And congratulations!!!

I woke up this morning and said it was going to be a good day. I even posted of fb that I was only putting positive energy into the universe so that positive energy will come back to me. 

Today I got a rejection notice, called a school to inquire about my status and was told if I hadn't heard anything by now it didn't look good. I spilled coffee all over my desk, my phone died while it was timing an experiment.

And then to finish it off my pants ripped while I was bending over. Instead of crying this through me into a fit of laughter to which I say, universe you did not win! I have chosen to believe good things are coming, even if its not going to graduate school this fall. 

I so feel you!  And may I say, I am so proud of you.  When you squeeze an orange, you get orange juice, a lemon, lemon juice.  What happens when we are squeezed, pressed, and squashed by disappointment?  I love that you have chosen to believe that good things are coming.  I was stomped on by my rejection, but I chose, after my tears, to not go down the path of depression.  There's nothing good there...so it's a different path for us...but it's still a good one  :)

this weekend, i met my S.O.'s family for the first time- his parents own a store dedicated to every sort of new age thing you can imagine (crystals, meditation, yoga, astrology, incense, and so on), and although he doesn't buy into it, i'm intrigued by it all, so i let his parents tell me about my astrology (natal chart), totem animals, crystals, etc., just for the heck of it. 

in short: i was told that a "chronic illness" recently cleared up, and they gave me a few stones for luck, among other things, and told me that i would have a dream that would answer a question that'd been on my mind for a while. a couple weeks ago, my doctor confirmed that i was 100% rid of a chronic illness that i've been dealing with for a few years, and last night, on the train home, i had a vivid dream that i got accepted to my second choice program via email. i got an acceptance email this afternoon from the same program.

dang, universe. you freaky.

This is wonderful!  How cool.  I am so happy for you.  Your omens turned out an amazing outcome.  I am excited for what is to come!  Woooo Hooooo!  :P Happy Dance anyone?

Waiting to hear back to all the schools I applied to, but I had a dream I was accepted to one last night! I hope that comes true!!

I remember when I was having those dreams.  They can be so exciting....I really hope that this turns out an amazing outcome.  Just think of it...an acceptance could come any moment now!  I'm excited.  Keep us posted on every little detail!  :D

Sooo, last week, I emailed the director of graduate studies in the department. He took a few days to answer, but he essentially said that he hopes to hear back on my case this week, and that he will be in touch.

Fingers and toes are crossed!

Fingers, toes, eyes.....you are such a cool person.  I love your vibe and I am really hoping that the good vibes you have given will come back to you in an acceptance.  Keep us posted..... :lol:

I remember when I was having those dreams.  They can be so exciting....I really hope that this turns out an amazing outcome.  Just think of it...an acceptance could come any moment now!  I'm excited.  Keep us posted on every little detail!  :D

Here's hoping! I'm going nuts over here.

The dream was so clear though. I was looking at a letter and whispered "I got accepted to Queen's"

Oh please let my dream come true! 

Edited by FantineRose

That's too cute!!!

I told myself only positive thoughts, but if I was accepted to one of my top picks I'll hear either tomorrow or on Friday. And the anxiety is coming back...

Positive thoughts only, positive thoughts only, positive thoughts only....

This might not be the best place for this, but I guess i'm going to share it anyway...

I had a horribly awkward conversation with the department head of a program i've already been admitted to. I have other funded offers, so the result of this conversation really was important to my decision making process. The offer was pretty good, but not as good as what the other school has offered. I'm applying to masters, so I didn't expect either to be fully funded necessarily. Anyway...I said something along the lines of "thats good" to his offer, and his response was "Is it?" What was I even supposed to say to that? I mean yeah, I hoped for more, but money is money and i'm appreciative.

I had no idea what to say to that. He also asked what other schools I was admitted too, so that was uncomfortable as well. THEN he went on to tell me about the visiting day and ask if that would work for me and I made the mistake of saying "thats great because i'll be in the area anyway." I DIDN’T say it was for the other school's visit, but he got all weird so it sounded like he guessed or suspected. To top it all off, he finished by asking if the other offer was from another in-state school which is the BEST in the country. I didnt even apply because there seemed to be no way I was getting in. Apparently HE THOUGHT I WOULD.

I'm having such a hard time making a decision. I hope this conversation wasn't a bad omen. I'm surprisingly downcast for someone who was just offered money. I have no idea which program to pick and i'm worried its kind of a bad sign.

Today's the day I should here from pitt, and my day started out we me being late, out of gas and a rock cracking my windshield.....

Don't know if that's a bad sign or not.

this weekend, i met my S.O.'s family for the first time- his parents own a store dedicated to every sort of new age thing you can imagine (crystals, meditation, yoga, astrology, incense, and so on), and although he doesn't buy into it, i'm intrigued by it all, so i let his parents tell me about my astrology (natal chart), totem animals, crystals, etc., just for the heck of it. 

in short: i was told that a "chronic illness" recently cleared up, and they gave me a few stones for luck, among other things, and told me that i would have a dream that would answer a question that'd been on my mind for a while. a couple weeks ago, my doctor confirmed that i was 100% rid of a chronic illness that i've been dealing with for a few years, and last night, on the train home, i had a vivid dream that i got accepted to my second choice program via email. i got an acceptance email this afternoon from the same program.

dang, universe. you freaky.

1. congratulations!!!

2. that (perhaps sadly) gives me hope that my dream a few weeks ago about getting into the one program I think I still stand a chance at will come true! Unfortunately, I have this distinct feeling that my dream where I was accepted to Yale even though I didn't apply to Yale (I even knew that in my dream, lol) isn't going to come true. But if I end up batting 50% that's not so bad right?? fingers and toes crossed, and hoping that the Universe decides to like me soon....

I'm actually bouncing between hopeful optimism (and then I decide its bad luck to get too optimistic) and there's no way I'm getting into graduate school. 

Its more like I'll convince myself I'm not getting in, my friends will convince me I am and I keep bouncing between the two. 

story of my life. although it's not just my friends it's also my family, and close family friends, and acquaintances....the list goes on.....

Edited by phigirl

Today's the day I should here from pitt, and my day started out we me being late, out of gas and a rock cracking my windshield.....

Don't know if that's a bad sign or not.

Bad luck comes in sets of three, not four....you should be fine. 

Bad luck comes in sets of three, not four....you should be fine. 

Thanks... I'm just really nervous about it, to the point where I haven't been sleeping well. Usually I can make myself not think about these things and focus on work, but when I'm this tired, it doesn't work as well...

And then I get nightmares when I get too stressed... this week has been a little interesting but I've managed to have a positive attitude for most of it.

You need to have a deli sandwich with French Fries and cole slaw on it for lunch today...that will please the Pitt admissions gods.

Anything to please the admissions gods right? lol

Well didn't get the call. But their waiting period officaly expires tomorrow so I'll call them.

At this point I'm hoping they'll tell me I was wait listed instead of rejected. Wishes of good luck and I'll let you know what happens!!!

And I guess if I was rejected... time to start planning for next year. 

Well didn't get the call. But their waiting period officaly expires tomorrow so I'll call them.

At this point I'm hoping they'll tell me I was wait listed instead of rejected. Wishes of good luck and I'll let you know what happens!!!

And I guess if I was rejected... time to start planning for next year.

Good luck!

So I called Pitt today, and the worst thing that could have happened came to past....

They are doing another interview weekend and do not have any new information for me..

So I'm in exactly the same place, or got the one answer I didn't plan for... Damn universe, I guess you win this round... But you'll have to give me an answer eventually, good or bad

I would not be too sure that it is a good sign. I received an email the day after I submitted an application from a secretary in the department asking for an additional transcript. It was way too soon after submitting it, so I assume no one remotely important had even seen the app yet. Sounds like standard operating procedure to me. My email seemed like they were just being courteous, and it was very similar to yours. But I like to think positive, as I am currently still waiting to hear back on mine. Good luck!

Professor that I had contacted just before I submitted my application added me on LinkedIn. He has no other students added. Good sign or am I over thinking things?

I had the exact same thing happen to me and got rejected two days later. :( I hope you have better luck!

I mentioned this on the waitlist thread, but the DGS at my top choice, where I am waitlisted, sent me an email yesterday where he again went over the admissions process (they only admit a few people at a time, when someone declines, they take a person from the waitlist.) He then said it would be helpful to know of my continuing interest and if I had accepted anywhere. Then he told me they were anticipating a great cohort joining the school in the fall. I don't know what this email means, which is driving me crazy! I don't know if everyone on the waitlist. I don't know if it means they have had a few people decline their offers. And I really don't know what the last part about a great cohort means . All I know is that I have not been rejected yet. 

Well that is discouraging. Lol thanks!

No, I'm sorry! Just sharing my experience because I was so excited, and then...  :(  The funny thing is I do think it's a good sign! So please let us know - I am rooting for you!