Good Sign, Omen or Hallucination - All Are Welcome!

Eager

Thanks. Yeah... I'm shy and really suck at interviews, so this could be a colossal disaster. Needless to say, there will be copious alcohol consumption after the fact, either way.

You must not be too bad at interviewing, if they want to talk to you again!  Let's think... colossal success.  There, I fixed it for you. :)

Since applying to USC I have been seeing all kinds of USC sweatshirts, t-shirts, stickers on cars etc. all over the place. Some people think its because I live in southern California. I know it's God trying to give me assurance and calm my nerves during my waiting process. Totally makes sense right? Anyone relate?

Since applying to USC I have been seeing all kinds of USC sweatshirts, t-shirts, stickers on cars etc. all over the place. Some people think its because I live in southern California. I know it's God trying to give me assurance and calm my nerves during my waiting process. Totally makes sense right? Anyone relate?

Not a bad way to think about it.  I am a huge believer in positive thinking.  Keep us posted.  Hopefully, these omens will turn into an acceptance! :)  

I got a short but sweet acceptance email!  They sent it around 10 pm last night.  My only application - happy dance!! :)

This is wonderful!  So, so, so happy for you!!! Yes, I think we should have a happy dance, and don't forget...Wooooo Hoooooo!  Can I get a Woooo Hoooo people! 

I have a sign! Though I have no idea if it is good or bad. I only have one school left to hear from. I sent in my application on feb. 1st. Then, I got a notice that my application had been sent to the graduate committee for review.

THEN, I got another message from an "admissions advisor" saying she noticed I was missing a trancript from a community college. I only took one class from that school 7 years ago, and I frankly completely forgot about it. I had it sent immediately (hopefully it won’t be considered ‘late’ but we will see.)

I have no idea how they even knew I attended that school. None of my other schools said anything about it. Do you guys think it’s a good or bad sign that they want that one class grade? It probably means nothing, but I do think it’s a little strange how my application has bounced from the graduate office, to the program, BACK to the graduate office..

This is a great sign.  Sounds like they are very interested!  At least your application is bouncing, that's a good thing...Keep us posted.

Sunday morning I dreamed that I was accepted via email back to my alma matter for an MA in history-was super disappointed when none of the 7 emails I had were about that

but I just got my email accepting me to the program with funding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday morning I dreamed that I was accepted via email back to my alma matter for an MA in history-was super disappointed when none of the 7 emails I had were about that

but I just got my email accepting me to the program with funding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!

I received a pretty competitive scholarship last week and the office there urged me to contact all schools I hadn't heard from yet, so I did. My overly happy smile quickly faded when one school replied to my email with a rejection :(. The others were fairly positive. What to make of this?! Is it too late in the application process to make a difference? Does it make a difference at all?

Is it likely to get a scholarship but NO acceptances at all? How often does that happen?

Congratulations Phigirl!!! Always awesome when positive thoughts mixed with happy dreams come true :)   

This is wonderful!  So, so, so happy for you!!! Yes, I think we should have a happy dance, and don't forget...Wooooo Hoooooo!  Can I get a Woooo Hoooo people! 

WOOOO HOOOO! ;)

I wanted to share the news with you guys because you have been so tolerate and supportive. I was accepted into my last school today, which means I officially went 5/5! Grad school sweep!!

Thanks so much for obsessing over signs with me and sympathizing with my hallucinations and nonsense.

I wanted to share the news with you guys because you have been so tolerate and supportive. I was accepted into my last school today, which means I officially went 5/5! Grad school sweep!!

Thanks so much for obsessing over signs with me and sympathizing with my hallucinations and nonsense.

That's incredible!!! Now, which one are you gonna choose? :)

I've had a BAD sign! :P I called the Graduate Coordinator for the last school I have to hear from but he didn't pick up (twice). Then I gave up and emailed him instead. That was yesterday morning. And nothing since then. Crickets. Oh well. :wacko:

Or maybe he is just out of the office/in meetings? It happens :P

I've had a BAD sign! :P I called the Graduate Coordinator for the last school I have to hear from but he didn't pick up (twice). Then I gave up and emailed him instead. That was yesterday morning. And nothing since then. Crickets. Oh well. :wacko:

Edited by MSW13

When I was putting together my applications to one University I was in contact with a particular faculty member. She was the head of the admission committee last year and a potential advisor for me, She and I had been in contact about my application and she gave me some great information about the school. When I was wait listed I sent her an email  in early March to follow up and she was helpful in getting me in touch with the current head of the admissions committee and offering information she could. 

Over the last couple of years I've gotten into the habit of tracking emails I send to faculty. Nothing invasive it just lets you know when someone has received and opened your email, Sometimes when you send an email from a personal account like yahoo or hotmail to an .edu address it goes to spam, and also when i follow up I know if they've read my initial email or not. 

But anyways this morning I got a notification that she read the follow-up email I sent her again, so I've been on pins and needles trying to figure out why she randomly re-read an email I sent her and she responded to weeks ago! This school recently had their admitted students day so I'm hoping someone decided to not go and maybe she was looking over my email....? 

Or maybe she was cleaning out her email and accidentally clicked it--who knows! 

Or maybe he is just out of the office/in meetings? It happens :P

I hope so! But I still feel like he would have checked his email in the last 48 hours. Their spring break is next week...

My guess is that he did check the email but because other more pressing things are going on (you never know what kind of deadlines he is under in his position, especially with spring break coming up) he decided to delay a response. Alternately, he may not have any new information to give you.  Also, your email may be one of many regarding the same thing.  I know it is hard (believe me!) but just hang tight.

I hope so! But I still feel like he would have checked his email in the last 48 hours. Their spring break is next week...

My guess is that he did check the email but because other more pressing things are going on (you never know what kind of deadlines he is under in his position, especially with spring break coming up) he decided to delay a response. Alternately, he may not have any new information to give you. Also, your email may be one of many regarding the same thing. I know it is hard (believe me!) but just hang tight.

You're probably right. I just received an email abou how decisions are still being sent out and I should hear within the week. I still can't help thinking that it's bad news if it's left this late.

I got accepted into my first choice :) YAY!!!!  I'm happy.  I went right on and pressed the "accept admission" button.  Woot!  Very happy.

They are not a super competitive program, but decent :)  They said they received triple the number of applicants -- so that makes me feel even more special that they chose me.  Woot!

Edited by Goobah

The director of clinical training asked if my POI had "recruited" me (her word not mine, which she did not). I knew she was advocating for me but this seemed a little strong. At least one student knew about me via my POI as well. This all seemed very positive and hopefully it will translate into goodness in the faculty's decision making.

So happy for you Goobah!! (I tried to up-vote but apparently I've reached my daily quota of positive clicks!).  Congratulations, my fellow social worker! :D

I got accepted into my first choice :) YAY!!!!  I'm happy.  I went right on and pressed the "accept admission" button.  Woot!  Very happy.