Good Sign, Omen or Hallucination - All Are Welcome!

Eager

I got accepted into my first choice :) YAY!!!!  I'm happy.  I went right on and pressed the "accept admission" button.  Woot!  Very happy.

They are not a super competitive program, but decent :)  They said they received triple the number of applicants -- so that makes me feel even more special that they chose me.  Woot!

Woooot!

Thank you so much Goobah, we have all worked hard to gain admission to our programs. As I have learned, it is no small feat so yes, YAY US!! and I'll throw a woot in there too for good measure :D

Thanks MSW13!  I know you've worked hard to get where you are and I was thrilled when you got accepted.   Yay US!!

Hopefully it means good news! fingers crossed acdelco

But anyways this morning I got a notification that she read the follow-up email I sent her again, so I've been on pins and needles trying to figure out why she randomly re-read an email I sent her and she responded to weeks ago! This school recently had their admitted students day so I'm hoping someone decided to not go and maybe she was looking over my email....? 

Or maybe she was cleaning out her email and accidentally clicked it--who knows! 

At last, my first fully funded acceptance! Tuition, health insurance and a $1600/month stipend. I am so happy right now. I just interviewed a few hours ago, and the letter was in my inbox shortly afterwards. YAY!!!!

Ahhh! Congratulations, Sansao! I'm excited for you!  :lol: (GradCafe needs that partying emoticon that Skype has!)

Ahhh! Congratulations, Sansao! I'm excited for you!  :lol: (GradCafe needs that partying emoticon that Skype has!)
I think I've finally stopped hyperventilating, haha. Thanks RubyBright, and I agree, or one where the head explodes into confetti, lol. I feel so much less embarrassed about not getting in last year, and one of my friends said the stipend is really good for the area (he used to live there). Ok, I might not be done hyperventilating, but it's a joyful hyperventilation, lol.

This "omen" is not as concrete as everyone else's but I'll share it anyway. I had a dream that my school sent me a rejection letter and one of the stated reasons for my rejection was that I swore on Facebook and liked a certain politician's page. What! My real life anxieties are creeping into my subconscious. 

Congrats to everyone who's received positive decisions already. Still waiting for mine!

Edited by doctorawho

At last, my first fully funded acceptance! Tuition, health insurance and a $1600/month stipend. I am so happy right now. I just interviewed a few hours ago, and the letter was in my inbox shortly afterwards. YAY!!!!
Oh yay!!!!!!!!!!!! And such a quick decision! They saw you and were like, "We like this person! Let's get her the decision now!"

Yeah, I wouldn't take this as an omen! It is obviously nerves. I hope you hear soon!

This "omen" is not as concrete as everyone else's but I'll share it anyway. I had a dream that my school sent me a rejection letter and one of the stated reasons for my rejection was that I swore on Facebook and liked a certain politician's page. What! My real life anxieties are creeping into my subconscious.    Congrats to everyone who's received positive decisions already. Still waiting for mine!

I had several dreams last night, but I actually remember this one. So I was walking towards a house, behind enemy lines, with 6 bodyguards around me, in formation. The house was a grad school admission's office. I was knocking on their door to check my application status. I got an answer of something along the lines of "we'll get back to you". I was like "oh, ok", and we started walking back. 

I have what I believe is my final interview (never know, though) on Tuesday. It's really almost the end of the roller coaster. Halelujah.

You've been through so many of these - wow!

• 2 weeks later...

So this thread died a little, and I found it a page or so back. How are ya'll doin? I'm done with all my high intensity projects, and its fun, smooth sailing from here on out. Putting together my grad announcements, decorating my cap, putting off my homework. How are you guys doing that are still waiting? I have to wait until Aprill 22 to finish up financial aid apps -- schools direction. I miss eager :(

So this thread died a little, and I found it a page or so back. How are ya'll doin? I'm done with all my high intensity projects, and its fun, smooth sailing from here on out. Putting together my grad announcements, decorating my cap, putting off my homework. How are you guys doing that are still waiting? I have to wait until Aprill 22 to finish up financial aid apps -- schools direction. I miss eager :(

Yeah, I always enjoyed reading up on the positive vibe in here. However, now that most schools have made definitive decisions, there isn't much room left for signs, omens, and hallucinations ;) 

Got a call from the Graduate Coordinator on Monday wanting more information from me. I am currently on the wait list (out-of-state). She wanted to know if I have been accepted anywhere, which I told her I have only been wait listed at one other school, and she wanted to verify that I am an out-of-state applicant and would be paying out-of-state tuition. She also remembered that we have met each other and spoke at a convention in November (which was VERY exciting for me to hear!!) She told me that if I am accepted off of the wait list she will call me between now and April 22. After the phone call I was in utter shock! I don't think schools will call everyone on their wait list, or would they?! Could this be anything promising?? Good sign or omen??

• 2 weeks later...

Resurrection time!  I missed you all too!  So sorry to have been gone sooooo long!  My son was getting acceptances to colleges and it was all about helping him decide where to go!  Also, traveling....it's been a whirlwind!  But it's time to revive this thread!  I feel it.... I feel it.... Woooooooo Hoooooooooooo!

Yeah, I always enjoyed reading up on the positive vibe in here. However, now that most schools have made definitive decisions, there isn't much room left for signs, omens, and hallucinations ;)

There's always room for a good hallucination.....it's what keeps life interesting!  :P So, to refresh people who forgot all about my plight....ruthlessly rejected by my dream program (ON VALENTINE'S DAY FOR GODSAKES).  The only one I applied to.  However, I was told that in May I could apply to take a class in the program (free) as a non-matriculated student!  And also find out from the admin committee what I need to do better next time. So, let's hope that when I send the email requesting paperwork, on May 1st mind you, that it will all be true.  Looking forward to attending this program, one way or another!  I know the power of the good vibes from this thread, so start sending them to Brooklyn!!!!!!! :D

Got a call from the Graduate Coordinator on Monday wanting more information from me. I am currently on the wait list (out-of-state). She wanted to know if I have been accepted anywhere, which I told her I have only been wait listed at one other school, and she wanted to verify that I am an out-of-state applicant and would be paying out-of-state tuition. She also remembered that we have met each other and spoke at a convention in November (which was VERY exciting for me to hear!!) She told me that if I am accepted off of the wait list she will call me between now and April 22. After the phone call I was in utter shock! I don't think schools will call everyone on their wait list, or would they?! Could this be anything promising?? Good sign or omen??

Are you kidding me?  This is a great sign!  It's an amazing sign!  I say this taking in to account that it is now April 23.  So did you get a call?  Let us know.  By the way being waitlisted is better than being rejected.  They see potential in you and that is a very cool thing!  :)

So I was told by the supervisor I was not accepted into their PhD program in February. I then waited for my rejection letter so I could shred it and gain some closure on the application. It's now late April and everyone who was accepted had received their responses by mid March and rejections were by late March/early April.

I called the registrar office asking about my rejection letter and she said my application has a "decision being made" as it's status. She said they have mailed out decisions already but my file is still being reviewed.

Am I delusional in thinking this is a good sign in that they're changing minds? Or is this a really delayed rejection? I'm too nervous to e-mail the advisor asking her.

Edited by kaipsychology

I got rejected last year and at that time, I felt like bad news was coming. It took them forever to reply to me and when the email came it was a pit of dread in my stomach.

This time, I had the odd feeling a few days ago that I'd get my answer "any day now" even though they said the earliest I'd hear is 2 months (May 15 or after). So I emailed yesterday to find out where I was and today I got word that my decision will be sent today. I feel excited - not terrified. Like everything's going to be good. They worked through my app a lot faster than last year and I have good feelings about it.

I hope it's a sign!

So I was told by the supervisor I was not accepted into their PhD program in February. I then waited for my rejection letter so I could shred it and gain some closure on the application. It's now late April and everyone who was accepted had received their responses by mid March and rejections were by late March/early April.

I called the registrar office asking about my rejection letter and she said my application has a "decision being made" as it's status. She said they have mailed out decisions already but my file is still being reviewed.

Am I delusional in thinking this is a good sign in that they're changing minds? Or is this a really delayed rejection? I'm too nervous to e-mail the advisor asking her.

Isn't it amazing how torturous this entire process is?  I need to hold back on saying this is a good sign, only because you have already been told you have been rejected.  However, there is always room for a good surprise.  So I would say that you do not need a piece of paper to have closure.  You can find that within yourself.  Accept it, move on....but if good news comes, then you will be able to rejoice.  :)

Edited by Eager

I got rejected last year and at that time, I felt like bad news was coming. It took them forever to reply to me and when the email came it was a pit of dread in my stomach.

This time, I had the odd feeling a few days ago that I'd get my answer "any day now" even though they said the earliest I'd hear is 2 months (May 15 or after). So I emailed yesterday to find out where I was and today I got word that my decision will be sent today. I feel excited - not terrified. Like everything's going to be good. They worked through my app a lot faster than last year and I have good feelings about it.

I hope it's a sign!

Oh my gosh!  How exciting!  I am literally on the edge of my seat, well bed, anyway I am sending you good vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I so hope that it is good news for you.  Let your grad family know as soon as you know!  We hope we will have a reason to do the happy dance!  :D

I hope so... now I'm paranoid though. I dunno if they're emailing or mailing it. And most acceptances seem to be emailed and it's nearly 3 PM and I haven't gotten an email. Rejections seem to mostly come in the mail. So now I'm worried I'm being rejected. Again. Argh.