Good Sign, Omen or Hallucination - All Are Welcome!

Eager

I had a dream the last time, and I had been accepted into Harvard with funding. They also brought a car to pick me up from where I was to the school. Good sign?

The other day as well, a strong thought or conviction came to my mind that Princeton had offered me USD5000 to buy my plane tickets. Hallucination?

I had a dream that I was accepted to my reach school. I checked my application online and it said "Congratulations...!" Then I woke up. :P

I had a dream the last time, and I had been accepted into Harvard with funding. They also brought a car to pick me up from where I was to the school. Good sign?

The other day as well, a strong thought or conviction came to my mind that Princeton had offered me USD5000 to buy my plane tickets. Hallucination?

Well dreams aren't usually good signs, they could be omens though.  Good signs have to have some basis in reality.    The other....honestly could be a full on hallucination.  But that's not a bad thing.  You are still in the running.  I say whether it be a good sign, omen or hallucination, all are welcome.  An acceptance could come at any moment and that my friend is a great thing.  Keep us posted.

Now that is not a good sign. Just kidding.............

Oh no you were right. I was rejected from two and waitlisted at one. I am assuming the last two are rejections as well. 

I'm really getting tired of the wait. My omen is that I did not get a honors scholarship I applied to (outside of grad schools). On a good note, I've come up with a really good plan B. My fave program apparently has a military outreach program that offers the MSW online, BUT once you are in you have to attend ON campus second year. Also, they assist with practicum placements -- and since I'll be living in the same metro area the school is in, I'll have all the same practicum placements as the other first years. I really should be happy about plan B, but with the no on the scholarship I'm feeling particularly mediocre.

my omen was proven false this morning-finally got my 6th and final rejection. I had a dream about a month ago that I was accepted, clearly that was wishful thinking.

So sorry to hear that.  I hope you are able to find out how you can improve your application and try again next year.  As someone who has been through it, it is well worth it.  When I got rejected last year, 'next year' seemed so far away. But in reality, it comes very quickly...

Try again! Dont give up!

my omen was proven false this morning-finally got my 6th and final rejection. I had a dream about a month ago that I was accepted, clearly that was wishful thinking.

I believe that my dreams are not so much prophetic as they are mental housecleaning... probably because I tend to remember the stress dreams more than anything else.

I find that oracles, such as tarot or runes, are very helpful.  In my experience, they tend to help me realize what I already know or feel subconsciously.  If you're an Android user, I highly recommend the free Galaxy Tarot app (no affiliation, just a big fan.)  In fact, I think I will use it now. :)

So sorry to hear that.  I hope you are able to find out how you can improve your application and try again next year.  As someone who has been through it, it is well worth it.  When I got rejected last year, 'next year' seemed so far away. But in reality, it comes very quickly...

Try again! Dont give up!

Thanks MSW. I've got a Plan B implemented that I'm waiting to hear official news on - MA in History- so in a best case scenario I'll apply for just the PhD in 2 years, which seems like the majority of candidates I know who were accepted had related MA's. worst case scenario is well...complicated because I have a soon to be husband who can't transfer to another UG after this semester (too many hours after that) so fingers crossed!

Oh man, last year I got one of those dreams I was accepted and that afternoon I opened a letter stating rejection. Terrible. After that I had rejection dreams for like a month, but I used that to my advantage. Today's good sign, whenever I try to email a PoI I have an email chain with the cat keeps jumping in front of the screen. No, it doesn't mean kitty wants attention, er, it means I'll be going somewhere.

I have a sign! Though I have no idea if it is good or bad. I only have one school left to hear from. I sent in my application on feb. 1st. Then, I got a notice that my application had been sent to the graduate committee for review.

THEN, I got another message from an "admissions advisor" saying she noticed I was missing a trancript from a community college. I only took one class from that school 7 years ago, and I frankly completely forgot about it. I had it sent immediately (hopefully it won’t be considered ‘late’ but we will see.)

I have no idea how they even knew I attended that school. None of my other schools said anything about it. Do you guys think it’s a good or bad sign that they want that one class grade? It probably means nothing, but I do think it’s a little strange how my application has bounced from the graduate office, to the program, BACK to the graduate office..

I have turned so desperate that I resorted to downloading tarot card reading apps.  I asked if I would get into my number 1 choice and the reading came back that I would. I then asked if the tarot card reading was reliable to which the response was "no"!!!

I interviewed at one of my schools a couple weeks ago.  At the end of the day I was saying goodbye to a couple of the professors and one of them said to me something along the lines of*, "keep believing psychdork".  He seemed completely sincere as he said this.  That has to be a good sign, right?

*Slightly changed so I don't out myself.

Apparently it was a good sign, I got an acceptance letter from this school yesterday!

Congrats RubyBright and psychdork!!! I'm so happy some people on the thread are starting to move forward! Yay yay! My friend found out today that she was wait listed :( she is happy that she hasnt been rejected, but is sad that now it's just more waiting... I'm still waiting on my favorite :)

I have a sign! Though I have no idea if it is good or bad. I only have one school left to hear from. I sent in my application on feb. 1st. Then, I got a notice that my application had been sent to the graduate committee for review.

THEN, I got another message from an "admissions advisor" saying she noticed I was missing a trancript from a community college. I only took one class from that school 7 years ago, and I frankly completely forgot about it. I had it sent immediately (hopefully it won’t be considered ‘late’ but we will see.)

I have no idea how they even knew I attended that school. None of my other schools said anything about it. Do you guys think it’s a good or bad sign that they want that one class grade? It probably means nothing, but I do think it’s a little strange how my application has bounced from the graduate office, to the program, BACK to the graduate office..

It depends how the school operates but that could be a good sign. If the admissions advisor works for the graduate school and not the department it could be that they were making sure you are eligible and want to see all of your credits before offering you admission, since your app was already sent to the committee. It could also just be housekeeping. Either way, good luck!

This is wonderful.  My heart is smiling and I am doing the happy dance!  You have brought such great vibes to this forum.  You deserve it and I hope you are taking the time to celebrate...I mean really celebrate!  Wooooo Hooooooo! So cool. :P
Thank you and thank you all! I wish they would give us 10 up votes a day! Positive vibes to you all! :) :)

My dream was bogus: got rejected from the school today. That's my 2nd "omen" that's gone against me. Does that mean the negative dream I had will equal positive news? Haha.

All right, guys - it was a good sign after all! I just got an email from the school accepting me!
Looks like someone has a decision to make. Congratulations! I received emails from two schools today. One was asking me to set up a time for a phone conversation (the same school which asked for official documents after app review). The other is flying me out to campus for a third interview. No funded offers yet, but I am starting to feel optimistic again. :)

Looks like someone has a decision to make. Congratulations! I received emails from two schools today. One was asking me to set up a time for a phone conversation (the same school which asked for official documents after app review). The other is flying me out to campus for a third interview. No funded offers yet, but I am starting to feel optimistic again. :)

Congrats sansao, that's great news! :D

A third interview? That would be nerve wracking for me! I hope it all goes well! Congrats!

A third interview? That would be nerve wracking for me! I hope it all goes well! Congrats!
Thanks. Yeah... I'm shy and really suck at interviews, so this could be a colossal disaster. Needless to say, there will be copious alcohol consumption after the fact, either way.