Fall 2014 applicants??

i probably won't be there for the open house because i hate them and also don't have a car. i am a super awesome friend to have though because i am from columbus so i know where all of the delicious treats are located. 

are any of y'all that got offers from osu definitely accepting? cause i have already accepted the offer for their eng program. of course, i only applied to one school. 

if so, let's be fb friendsies. 

I haven't made any 100% decisions just yet because I've applied to 6 schools and OSU is the only one I know anything about thus far. I will say that it's probably the frontrunner right now though. I have a lot of friends in Columbus and I've been there a couple times. I enjoy the town quite a bit.

Let's just say, the program is looking better and better. Just got off the phone with the DGS, and I'll at the very least be there in March for the Open House! How about you?

Just got my official call from the DGS at OSU this morning! Now I'm officially beyond excited :D. I definitely think I'll be attending the Open House.

The anxiety has officially hit hardcore. I was ok until I found out I didn't get an interview at Emory, and now I'm pretty sure it's all downhill from here. Goodbye rest of my life, I will now occupy myself exclusively with checking the results board and my email. And eating pastries, but only because I live in France. 

The anxiety has officially hit hardcore. I was ok until I found out I didn't get an interview at Emory, and now I'm pretty sure it's all downhill from here. Goodbye rest of my life, I will now occupy myself exclusively with checking the results board and my email. And eating pastries, but only because I live in France. 

Stay calm :( Remember, all that matter is if you get one acceptance, which you are going to. You’ll be somewhere and you’ll be happy. Enjoy those pastries now, because next year you will be out of France, in grad school, and unable to afford them! (PS...I hate you for having pastries when I do not.)

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but anyone have any advice on how to make sure the department has received all of your materials? The websites say that they have received everything, but I just got a call from a department that said I was missing materials. So, now I'm worried that the other application websites are faulty as well...I applied to like 10 places, so I hate to call each one and bother them. Ugh. 

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but anyone have any advice on how to make sure the department has received all of your materials? The websites say that they have received everything, but I just got a call from a department that said I was missing materials. So, now I'm worried that the other application websites are faulty as well...I applied to like 10 places, so I hate to call each one and bother them. Ugh. 

Emails are typically less intrusive than phone calls. If you are concerned, I would likely go that route. 

Let's just say, the program is looking better and better. Just got off the phone with the DGS, and I'll at the very least be there in March for the Open House! How about you?

I will be going to the Open House too! would love to connect w/ others who plan to attend...

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten the good news so far! I'm sure this has everyone on edge now, but there's still a lot of time yet before a good chunk of programs start notifying. Another 2-3 weeks at least I'd say. 

And for those who haven't heard back from schools that started notifying, take a deep breath. This train has barely even pulled out of the station. Still a lot of time to go so don't count yourself out yet at all. 

Everybody should have a glass of wine and relax.

I didn't realize I hadn't gotten an interview from Emory either until I read this. Cue emotional setback... Now.

Edited by paytonlauren

How do you see contacting programs to ask about their decision? Do they expect/accept that?

I'm sure they expect it, but I wouldn't do so. You will eventually get a decisions notification from the department, either through e-mail or an e-mail telling you to check the website. If it's been a really long time, like almost April, with no word either way, than maybe maybe check up on the status of your application (and chances are if it's been that long without hearing, it's a no; some departments are rudely slow at sending rejections).

My app status for Ohio State says "pending / in review" also.  Seeing as how OSU is like my 9th or 10th choice school, it would be silly for me to get upset about it.  But if I were talking to someone in my position who really, really wanted to go to Ohio State, I'd say there's time yet.  Some of the people they are offering to right now are not going to go to Ohio State, and the school will be opening things up more, I'm sure, to other applicants.

This is exactly right.  It's so early in the process.  A lot of people who have offers from OSU still have no idea if they're going to get offers from anyone else, so they won't be making any sort of decisions unless it's the only place they applied to/their dream-of-heaven school.  I love to panic early, but even I wouldn't be advising freaking out yet.

I'm not applying there, so this is so very easy for me to say.  But either way, lots of luck to all of you, and don't give up hope.