Fall 2014 applicants??

I feel like it must be a great job to tell people that over the phone even if their stunned. They must be used to that and all kinds of reactions.

I feel cruel for saying this, but last year Northwestern notified on a Friday (I'm pretty sure since I was at work) via phone and it was late during the day ~4-5pm. So it should be soon! Crossing my fingers for all of you!

Yes, Jazzy, I'm painfully aware of that. :)

Edited by Megeen

I feel cruel for saying this, but last year Northwestern notified on a Friday (I'm pretty sure since I was at work) via phone and it was late during the day ~4-5pm. So it should be soon! Crossing my fingers for all of you!

Thanks! I'm an international, so phone calls are unlikely for me (Thank God). I just hate myself for having to check my app status more than once a day and my e-mail hundreds of times. But do you know if they e-mail acceptances only?

I got the call...

Besides making a mistake and thinking that I was still waiting for my MA degree...I'm in.

And yeah, I jabbered on about the weather (hey I'm in northern MN--our weather is actually conversation-worthy lately), and thanked him a thousand times.

I mostly got out of the "any questions?" thing because I was already running five minutes late for the class I was, you know, supposed to be teaching.  But I have an invite to call back/Email with any questions I think of.

Someone please pinch me.

I feel bad freaking out with excitement while most everyone is still in radio silence--I've been there, and it SUCKS!  But I hope everyone else gets good news soon.  I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

I got the call...

Besides making a mistake and thinking that I was still waiting for my MA degree...I'm in.

And yeah, I jabbered on about the weather (hey I'm in northern MN--our weather is actually conversation-worthy lately), and thanked him a thousand times.

I mostly got out of the "any questions?" thing because I was already running five minutes late for the class I was, you know, supposed to be teaching.  But I have an invite to call back/Email with any questions I think of.

Someone please pinch me.

I feel bad freaking out with excitement while most everyone is still in radio silence--I've been there, and it SUCKS!  But I hope everyone else gets good news soon.  I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Katia, I'm so happy for you. I really, really, really am. You deserve it.

I got the call...

Someone please pinch me.

Pinch. Still real? Awesome! :D

That must have been an fun lesson for your students. Congratulations!!!

I saw that too, and obsessing alongside you! I wish they would just send out rejections already so I can give up on Duke. It sucks knowing you're most likely rejected but having no closure.

YUP! I think I fit best in that program, but I'm worried about my writing sample. My december version was good, but the one I submitted in January was way better. It is a dream and reach, but I'll survive. 

I feel like it'd actually be nice of them to send out rejections before acceptances. Once the school decides not to accept you, it'd be good to just put you out of your misery. I understand that that's probably not workable because it's a process and so on, but still...

I'm a UNL applicant is well--it's weird to me that the only people who have been notified thus far are people without funding...maybe it was a rough year for funding for them, or maybe those people get the first calls? Ugh, I'm trying to find a rhyme or reason right now for having not heard anything yet. 

My fiancé's job currently is in Nebraska, and while he has tons of opportunities to transfer, it would've been nice to know that we had the option. 

I'm sure you all feel this way right now: life= :(

My Nebraska page is suddenly unavailable. I'm hoping ( false hope) that means that, for better or worse, they are updating my status.

That happened to me off and on all day yesterday. I kept saying (both aloud and to myself), "Quit playing GAMES with my heart". 

For those of you who didnt apply to UNL, "GAMES" is the acronym for their application check system. 

That happened to me off and on all day yesterday. I kept saying (both aloud and to myself), "Quit playing GAMES with my heart". 

For those of you who didnt apply to UNL, "GAMES" is the acronym for their application check system.

Well this made my hope go away, but I chuckled all the same. Haha. There is a possibility that they have sent out funded offers; the individuals who received them just may not be on GradCafe =\

Here's to hoping we both get good news soon.

When I was "locked out" yesterday, it was only for about five minutes at a time--not nearly this long. You have me hitting enter over and over again. My fiancé looks disturbed. 

Yeah, you're right about funded people not being on GradCafe. I was just thinking last night that it should be mandatory for every university to just email everyone as soon as they've sent offers and be like "You're in, you're not, you're waitlisted" and let us all celebrate/wallow in alcohol. 

YUP! I think I fit best in that program, but I'm worried about my writing sample. My december version was good, but the one I submitted in January was way better. It is a dream and reach, but I'll survive. 

Oh, I know that feeling (I think I sent in 4 improved versions thoughout the process) but just remind yourself that the committee can only evaluate what you sent them and irrespective of how the paper turned out in the end, they can't know where your thoughts went after your submitted it. It was already good at the beginning and they'll be able to see that.

Good luck!

Edited by Megeen

When I was "locked out" yesterday, it was only for about five minutes at a time--not nearly this long. You have me hitting enter over and over again. My fiancé looks disturbed. 

Yeah, you're right about funded people not being on GradCafe. I was just thinking last night that it should be mandatory for every university to just email everyone as soon as they've sent offers and be like "You're in, you're not, you're waitlisted" and let us all celebrate/wallow in alcohol.

It's weird...I can't login on my computer because I get the "one moment please..." message that I've never gotten before today. However, when I login on my iPhone, it works just fine.

It's weird...I can't login on my computer because I get the "one moment please..." message that I've never gotten before today. However, when I login on my iPhone, it works just fine.

I'll try right now with my iPad--if I can remember the password. I'm getting that message, same one I got last night. When you log in with your iPhone, it just says "awaiting departmental decision" then?