Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Any historical data to suggest that departments might send decisions at COB today so they can flee the office immediately before we can recover enough to send questions?

Haha, I thought of that! I think there are been some Saturday morning email blasts but I don't know about any sort of trends or anything.

I have this image of a department coordinator all packed up, ready to go home, hitting send on her computer and then running out the door.

Did anyone just get this e-mail from UCSB right now?

**Edit: Never mind I read it and actually understand it now. Looks like they are sending out admissions notices and information on admit weekend.**

I don't know what that means??? Any idea what weekend they're referring to? :) 

I think you are seeing the caution and skepticism I bring to the sheer prospect of good news. Ha. I didn't choose this name for no reason! ;)

I share your caution/skepticism... frankly, I think I should take over your username now, since you've been accepted to 4 schools and therefore no longer have much reason to be worried :D

Edited by Nords

Starting to get a bit worried :/ Seeing UCSB admits on the results page, but still no word on my application. In previous years it seems that all admits came on the same day or two as well. 

I can claim a University of Washington acceptance. Woo hoo! 

Group hug!

Nords... it's too soon to worry. Even if the emails go out within a short period of time, they don't always arrive simultaneously. There was a delay (30 min?) between the first UW admit today and when I saw mine, and some programs don't seem to send them all simultaneously. I know exactly how stressful it feels, but give it time-- especially if they've arrived over two days in previous years.