Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Via an e-mail from Dr. Mary Gallagher. She e-mailed to ask whether I'd like to also be considered for the Joint Degree in Public Policy program as well. According to her e-mail I will receive an official letter later today...so I expect that's when we'll all be getting word.

Congrats! You rock!

Via an e-mail from Dr. Mary Gallagher. She e-mailed to ask whether I'd like to also be considered for the Joint Degree in Public Policy program as well. According to her e-mail I will receive an official letter later today...so I expect that's when we'll all be getting word.

Congrats that's awesome!!! :) quick question-has your online status on wolverine access been updated as well?

No, just that she is the one that contacted me. Additionally, I checked the portal 30 minutes before she sent that e-mail, and not only did it not indicate admission, but also it still says my application is incomplete!

That's boss. U of M is awesome.

Good work! 

not only did it not indicate admission, but also it still says my application is incomplete!

I just checked mine and it says the same thing, sending me into a frenzied panic about how I'd managed not to complete my application. PHEW. 

(I mean, not negativity, just realism: I don't expect to get into Michigan, but I would be very disappointed if my application hadn't even been looked at.)

I just checked mine and it says the same thing, sending me into a frenzied panic about how I'd managed not to complete my application. PHEW. 

(I mean, not negativity, just realism: I don't expect to get into Michigan, but I would be very disappointed if my application hadn't even been looked at.)

My portal also said the same thing, glad I'm not to only one! I couldn't figure out what they could be missing since it looked like all of the pieces were in. Echoing your sentiments, I'm not particularly optimistic about my chances there, but it would have been a huge bummer if they didn't even look at my application...

I already freaked out about this last week and inquired with the department if it was normal. Apparently, it's a technical problem and ALL applications are marked incomplete on Wolverine Access. I am sorry I didn't make this known earlier if any more people are freaking out.

Edited by zudei

WOAH! But seriously, you deserve this! CONGRATS!

I already freaked out about this last week and inquired with the department if it was normal. Apparently, it's a technical problem and ALL applications are marked incomplete on Wolverine Access. I am sorry I didn't make this known earlier if any more people are freaking out.

Even my failed application from last year is marked incomplete! lol

My portal also said the same thing, glad I'm not to only one! I couldn't figure out what they could be missing since it looked like all of the pieces were in. Echoing your sentiments, I'm not particularly optimistic about my chances there, but it would have been a huge bummer if they didn't even look at my application...

I had this scare about a month ago.  I looked and it said 'incomplete' and then I noticed that it also said they hadn't received my official physical transcripts.  I then looked at the application instructions and, contrary to anywhere else, it said they needed both electronic and physical transcripts by the due date.  So... I frantically emailed them and got a response that basically said this was not the case and electronic copies were fine for their current purposes and that everyone's application, including mine, was currently under review.  Consequently, fret not about incomplete status at the UM portal.

edit: damn, beaten terribly on the last page.  I got interrupted by a (1) popping up in gmail, only for it to be one of my current professors.

Edited by Chamberlain25

I use Outlook, so it makes a little noise each time I get mail. I'll be on my bed reading, then hear the noise & bolt up to check.

I also use Outlook and I've been doing this all week! It's been driving my S.O. crazy.

I also use Outlook and I've been doing this all week! It's been driving my S.O. crazy.

My partner gives me a side-eye every time my phone beeps an email notification and I reach for it immediately. Especially in the middle of the night.