Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

I'm irrationally devastated every time I hear my phone's email "bing" and its something from work instead of my gmail.

Then, whenever my gmail is the cause of the "bing," I'm irrationally angry at whoever/whatever is emailing me because it is never a school.

My partner gives me a side-eye every time my phone beeps an email notification and I reach for it immediately. Especially in the middle of the night.

definitely thought you were going a different direction with this comment at first. 

I called up an ex that went to berkeley after getting rejected from there. I'll admit, it made me feel better. 

So I don't know if this is the most effective, or appropriate, place to do this, but I saw that another theory admit was posted for Cornell. Congrats to whoever that is! If you read this, shoot me a PM!!! I can't wait to start getting to know my (potential) future colleagues.

definitely thought you were going a different direction with this comment at first. 

I called up an ex that went to berkeley after getting rejected from there. I'll admit, it made me feel better. 

Oh dear. No, he is just very irritated to find me refreshing my email at 3 AM instead of sleeping. Possibly because I should chill out and just let it happen, but rationality is out the window at this point already! :D

I think this entire thread finally puts to rest the question "is human behavior rational"? xD

And checking your email at 3am is not that irrational, I got an email from a school around that time.

At this point, I just want all of this to be over. We literally just started our semester, and I'm already feeling so exhausted. And I still have a thesis to write!

I think this entire thread finally puts to rest the question "is human behavior rational"? xD

And checking your email at 3am is not that irrational, I got an email from a school around that time.

At this point, I just want all of this to be over. We literally just started our semester, and I'm already feeling so exhausted. And I still have a thesis to write!

I heartily agree. I have job applications floating around to maneuver into another position in my field, I'm afraid to sign another lease on an apartment in case I have to break it, and even if I don't get in anywhere, I have to make decisions about this stuff! I think we all would like to know what is happening to us in six months. So, with that in mind, maybe it's not totally irrational to be anxiously checking all the time!

THANK YOU!! It is a huge relief after a rejection and a presumed rejection! Crossing my fingers that the rest of the afternoon brings boatloads of good news for others on GradCafe!

Congratulations! I hope this is a sign that Liverpool are getting their ass kicked tomorrow ;)

THANK YOU!! It is a huge relief after a rejection and a presumed rejection! Crossing my fingers that the rest of the afternoon brings boatloads of good news for others on GradCafe!

Congratulations! That's so wonderful!

Congratulations! I hope this is a sign that Liverpool are getting their ass kicked tomorrow ;)

Noooooo, I hope not, in any case! (The rest of you are entitled to your own hopes...)

Congrats to all the Washington admissions. 6% admission rate, pretty competitive!

Congratulations indeed! Looking forward to seeing where everyone here ends up this fall! 

In case anyone is waiting on Emory, I emailed them since I presumed a rejection. They responded with: "Thank you for your inquiry regarding the status of your application.  The Graduate Admissions Committee has been reviewing applications and will likely make their decisions sometimes next week.  Notifications should be sent out soon afterwards."