Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Has anyone with an IR subfield heard from Cornell?

I think I saw one on the board that just went up, but I don't know who.

I think I am 5/7 on my predictions for this week. The only remaining ones are Michigan and Notre Dame.

Bring 'em on! Those are two of mine and I want to know!

Same here. Fingers crossed and heart pumping. Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. Thank goodness I've got an awesome offer already. :)

Just saw it too. Thanks. That's my top choice. 

Thank you for the kind words everyone! The community here has been fantastic throughout this process.

I also wanted to say, for those who are worried about this kind of thing, that my GRE scores were 163V, 148Q, and 4.5AW. So while I don't want to do anyone a disfavor in suggesting that they don't matter, remember that they're only a single, and sometimes minor, part of a much larger admission process.

I also wanted to say, for those who are worried about this kind of thing, that my GRE scores were 163V, 148Q, and 4.5AW. So while I don't want to do anyone a disfavor in suggesting that they don't matter, remember that they're only a single, and sometimes minor, part of a much larger admission process.

While I completely agree with your point, it is worth noting that you are a political theory person. A low Q score may be more problematic for other subfields. Grain of salt and all.

Michigan should be early next week.

Thanks for the heads up.

Congratulations to Cornell Admits! Likely I will not be among you...

Every day I come home around midnight, make a cup of tea or coffee, start refreshing gradcafe and spend half of the night doing this... I guess I'm getting used to this routine.

While I completely agree with your point, it is worth noting that you are a political theory person. A low Q score may be more problematic for other subfields. Grain of salt and all.

Absolutely true, I should have made that clear.

I honestly just wanted news. I work in intelligence/political forecasting so if i get rejected from all 12 schools it is their loss really.... Applied in Political Theory/History of Political Thought. 

Edited by Pennington15

I honestly just wanted news. I work in intelligence/political forecasting so if i get rejected from all 12 schools it is their loss really.... Applied in Political Theory/History of Political Thought. 

I didn't have an application in at Berkeley, but I totally get this sentiment! It's just good to finally know. On the other hand, I don't know whether I'm more afraid of rejections or acceptances...

I didn't have an application in at Berkeley, but I totally get this sentiment! It's just good to finally know. On the other hand, I don't know whether I'm more afraid of rejections or acceptances...

Definitely afraid of any email now, at least for today!