Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Yeah. I never trust St. Eds. Especially because I've apparently been targeted for two of their programs, so I'll get two emails within 3 minutes of each other and all that's changed is the name of the program.

Yeah, and I get excited when I see "University" something in my email. When I realize it's just them again, I don't even read it, I just savagely delete it as quickly as possible.

first post! had to vent out ~

Comparative: Emory acceptance, Cornell wait-list, Berkeley/Princeton rejections -

MIT please, please, & please call/ email me tomorrow! Phone's fully charged~ :ph34r:  

Comparative here as well. Not optimistic about MIT though, for myself. As I keep repeating in despair, I don't really care where anymore, but rather would like to go where ever I may be accepted. 

There's all reason for hope. If they called US numbers at 1am GMT, they would have to wait to the next morning to call Europeans, for example.

That's my reasoning as well! Guess hope dies last...

Wondering if there's any room for hope for Columbia or not..if they announced the acceptances yesterday, should I take it as a no?

I'm in the same boat. There's a subtle difference between assuming rejection (which you shouldn't actually do because you haven't been rejected yet) and preparing yourself for rejection. I do the latter. 

Wondering if there's any room for hope for Columbia or not..if they announced the acceptances yesterday, should I take it as a no?

Based on past experience, I think we have to take it as a No...

I have no idea. In the last couple of years, it took Columbia a while, and they actually did several rounds. However, some people were WL at Columbia already, so no idea! Might be worth sending an email?

Update on UNC for anyone who's interested:

They made a first round of initial decisions, but they usually do a wait list.  The DGS mentioned a "first-cut" of admits, so I'm not sure if that means there will be a second round or just the wait list to follow.  Apparently, there is still light at the end of the tunnel.