Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

There's the sting I've been preparing for all week, when the first Columbia admitt is on the board and my email is empty... (I know, might be early. still don't have a good feeling about this)

Congrats, anxious!

Yup same here.

Congrats to all of the admits, it's an amazing program.

I just hate Mourinho so much, especially after what he said about Arsene last week. Also, he tried to poke out someone's eye out while on the pitch.

I strongly dislike him as well.. but just beyond that, I don't understand why everyone thinks he built his teams anymore than any other manager. The Chelsea side he inherited was stronger by a margin than the Barcelona side Pep inherited, as were Inter and Madrid. People seem to think that just cause Pep's Barcelona dominated so much that Barcelona had dominated in the previous years too. 

The only real "impressive" achievement of Mourinho's, in my book, is winning with Porto, but even that is only impressive if you don't know the details/didn't watch the ties. The guy played Lyon, Deportivo la Coruña, and Monaco in the last three rounds. It was a year of upsets on all sides that he consistently benefitted from by getting to play the weakest possible opponents :P

OK, I'm done ranting. Either way :D Today's match is going to be huge! 

Btw, I have a question for you guys, what do you think is more important: general political science rankings or subfield rankings? Assuming the two are significantly different. 

I realize rankings is not the only factor, but still.

Btw, I have a question for you guys, what do you think is more important: general political science rankings or subfield rankings? Assuming the two are significantly different. 

I realize rankings is not the only factor, but still.

Neither.