Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Anyone else think schools have just forgotten about us? :D  Maybe they decided there's enough Poli Sci PhDs out there, and therefore aren't admitting any more, and we'll get a response in 2020, when the backlog is placed?

Hi all, there are some programs that provide placement details here: https://sites.google.com/site/honestgraduatenumbers/

Detailed info for some. Should help out people who can't make it for visits etc.!

I get a 404 error on some of them. Is that some sort of access problem?

I get a 404 error on some of them. Is that some sort of access problem?

Some don't keep up. Many of t he places do have this info on their websites, though, even if they don't update the honestgradnumbers thing, e.gl Columbia...

Still no word from Columbia :(

Just because they announced the results on Feb 18th last year doesn't mean they will do the same thing this year :) I know we're all curious (and believe me, I just want to hear back from all the places and have a peace of mind), but we should maybe not rely on previous years' trends so much.

Just because they announced the results on Feb 18th last year doesn't mean they will do the same thing this year :) I know we're all curious (and believe me, I just want to hear back from all the places and have a peace of mind), but we should maybe not rely on previous years' trends so much.

We actually had inside info on Columbia that said late last week or early this week!

Did anyone claim the UNC one? It seems like their admits trickle in slowly, instead of going out at the same time. It's quite frustrating for those of us who applied there! :)

Ok, I dread doing this because it is beyond second-hand knowledge/likely not helpful but for those of you waiting...

Apparently Yale has made their decisions and are just waiting on "official" sign off. I do not know any other details besides that. A friend of mine in another department heard from a current Poli Sci grad student.

We actually had inside info on Columbia that said late last week or early this week!

Ah OK my bad. Someone had said earlier that they were expecting to hear at 2pm, because the results were announced at 2pm last year..I guess I confused it all. What waiting does to my brain.

Ok, I dread doing this because it is beyond second-hand knowledge/likely not helpful but for those of you waiting...

Apparently Yale has made their decisions and are just waiting on "official" sign off. I do not know any other details besides that. A friend of mine in another department heard from a current Poli Sci grad student.

It's not helpful because now the wait is even more painful! Just send me my rejection already :(

Edit: In reality I'm thankful for the info. :P

Edited by TakeMyCoffeeBlack