Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

If you'd said "you prob'ly think this post is about you..." then I'd have gotten that one.

You know, when I was a kid, I thought it was two separate songs, because coffee-clouds have absolutely nothing to do with vanity!

Maybe I should start a poll? Who thinks I'm a girl? Who thinks I'm a guy? Something in-between?^^

this is all too binary for me. 

in other news: this seems like another slow day: whhhhyyyyyy. I went so far as to contact NYU just to get ANY news, even if it's a rejection. 

Can anyone confirm what schools are reporting this week, to their knowledge? 

I've heard Columbia, Yale and Stanford mentioned most frequently...anyone have any updates on those? Seems we are still a week or two away from MIT, Harvard, and others...

I've heard Columbia, Yale and Stanford mentioned most frequently...anyone have any updates on those? Seems we are still a week or two away from MIT, Harvard, and others...

Harvard is first week(s) of March, historically and confirmed by an email someone posted about 1500 messages up. 

One can be nervous about GWU starting next week (a late January email confirmed application and said it would be 4-6 weeks from then) 

Please don't tell me there are schools like that in America..

The full-on uniform generally (as in, traditional boarding school attire, not kilt)? Went to a prep boarding school here on the east coast and can unfortunately confirm they do indeed exist. My school went rouge for awhile and instead required us to wear business casual every day, but then too many students weren't following the rules exactly so we were back in plaid.  

The full-on uniform generally (as in, traditional boarding school attire, not kilt)? Went to a prep boarding school here on the east coast and can unfortunately confirm they do indeed exist. My school went rouge for awhile and instead required us to wear business casual every day, but then too many students weren't following the rules exactly so we were back in plaid.  

British boarding schools (and also state schools, BTW) require everyone to wear that! My school was generous, we had one business casual day every term (3 a year!), and in 6th form (year 12 and 13/11 and 12), everyone was allowed to wear business casual (obviously on the business end of things, though!). I remember the fond days of having to tuck in my shirt whenever I saw a teacher, and being cited more than once for not tucking it in. I was also cited for not wearing white or black socks, for not wearing my blazer when the principal hadn't given us leave to, for an improperly tied tie etc. Good times!

British boarding schools (and also state schools, BTW) require everyone to wear that! My school was generous, we had one business casual day every term (3 a year!), and in 6th form (year 12 and 13/11 and 12), everyone was allowed to wear business casual (obviously on the business end of things, though!). I remember the fond days of having to tuck in my shirt whenever I saw a teacher, and being cited more than once for not tucking it in. I was also cited for not wearing white or black socks, for not wearing my blazer when the principal hadn't given us leave to, for an improperly tied tie etc. Good times!

I ended up in detention for refusing to tuck in my blouse during my school's wild and wacky business cas days.

Can anyone confirm what schools are reporting this week, to their knowledge? 

Stanford committed to letting candidates know  by Feb 26th, which is next week. They seem really on top of their stuff, so I imagine they will let people know if the decision is not coming by then (plus, I'm sure people will start to e-mail them to ask and report back if nothing happens this week). 

MIT changed their notification to "late February" so I wouldn't expect to hear from them this week.

I'm not following the others.

On a happier note, has anyones else's acceptance started to sink in? I've been wanting to do a PhD since I started college. Can't wait for the lifestyle change I have a head!!!

Damn, I hope Stanford notifies today. I've been on the edge of my seat since Thursday. Got my phone in my pocket, set to vibrate, just in case

Same here. Columbia and Stanford for me, though! One of them would be good, both would be great! I wanna plan my visitations/flights etc.!