Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

has anyone figured out what's happening with northwestern? why the disconnect between admits-rejects-and no status updates?

I didn't get an acceptance and my status on the website says that a decision has not been rendered yet. I'm assuming you're the same? I think it's a rejection and the website just hasn't been updated for everyone. I emailed them, no response yet.

I didn't get an acceptance and my status on the website says that a decision has not been rendered yet. I'm assuming you're the same? I think it's a rejection and the website just hasn't been updated for everyone. I emailed them, no response yet.

yea, i'm in the same situation- i can't tell whether it means a reject or some sort of hope for a waitlist... it seemed from the results that the website rejections were mostly for comparative, and admits seemed theory and IR. am i trying to read too much into this? would you let us know if/when you hear from the dept?

yea, i'm in the same situation- i can't tell whether it means a reject or some sort of hope for a waitlist... it seemed from the results that the website rejections were mostly for comparative, and admits seemed theory and IR. am i trying to read too much into this? would you let us know if/when you hear from the dept?

Will do.

Can we confirm whether any Stanford IR admits have been notified? Saw someone received an email, but no idea what subfield they are...

Also, heard from a friend who just inquired that supposedly all Stanford applicants will be told of their status today. She emailed the grad administrator but the woman wouldn't give her any info beyond that (ie said she couldn't reveal whether or not my friend been admitted).

As for MIT, I applied IR and have not heard anything. Seems like only CP people so far but I'm not sure how they typically notify. They seem amongst the most opaque to that end.

As for MIT, I applied IR and have not heard anything. Seems like only CP people so far but I'm not sure how they typically notify. They seem amongst the most opaque to that end.

I agree that it's rather opaque. I have only received a call, no e-mail so far - looks like they are notifying by old-school mail and it is up to the subfield coordinators (?) to call or not call people. At least I got all the information about funding and visiting days.

I agree that it's rather opaque. I have only received a call, no e-mail so far - looks like they are notifying by old-school mail and it is up to the subfield coordinators (?) to call or not call people. At least I got all the information about funding and visiting days.

So did you get called by POI or subfield coordinator?

So did you get called by POI or subfield coordinator?

One of my POIs. Same person may be the subfield coordinator, I don't know.

Edited by RCD2

Institution Program (Season) Decision & Date St1 Date Added Notes Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry Story-telling; Muggle-form: Fiction, MFA (F14) Wait listed via Postal Service on 20 Feb 2014 A 20 Feb 2014

• I've been waiting for this owl to arrive for since I was 11. I'm 23.
Golden. Technically it should be Wait-listed via "Other." But that's what s/he gets for saying their POI is Prof. Dumbledore...not only is he old...he's dead.

There will be no discrimination against ghostly POIs around here, or their portraits, they're perfectly capable of working with me!

(Starfleet Academy on the board! Congrats to the Klingon Studies accept! IT IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE.)

Ahhh, I really needed the laugh today.

Edited by cupofnimbus

This is a really rough cycle given that Hogwarts rejection... Still, I hear the DADA Department there has had a hard time keeping good faculty, so it may not be the best bet for the near future.

Highlight of my obsessive results checking day.

This is a really rough cycle given that Hogwarts rejection... Still, I hear the DADA Department there has had a hard time keeping good faculty, so it may not be the best bet for the near future.

The program at Durmstrang is ranked better, anyway. No big deal.

I hear the song of the fat lady now. Says no Stanford for you.

Not very pleasant. 

I think this pretty much ends my cycle. I am waiting to hear from 3 more places - though none of them would really change much in terms of how I weigh my options. I will post my profile on the profiles/results thread once I get the official word from the remaining schools, and I strongly suggest everyone to do the same.

Edited by TheGnome

Doing research while obsessively refreshing grad cafe/email has only gotten harder as this month has dragged on.  I thought by now I would have perfected it.  Can only hope that my productivity will shoot through the roof when and if I get an acceptance!