2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

For those of you who got MIT interview, did MIT contact you guys to confirm the interview dates?

I submitted their form on Monday and have not heard anything since then. 

Waiting for Mt. Sinai as well.

Just got my first official rejection from Rockefeller! 

Sciguy: you are pplying to Mt. Sinai as well? I am waiting to hear back as well.

sorry about rejection.

Has anyone heard from Mt. Sinai?  Saw one on Results yesterday.

For people who applied to Princeton Molecular Biology: I just called their student services manager and I was told that they are sending interview invites in a rolling basis and will continue to do so for the next week and a half! 

Geez I was right. People are really bitter on this site.

I'm not sure what you mean by this... If you're talking about the downvotes you got on the post of yours that said that Princeton bio was "done" sending invites in December and that people now are "only" getting in because "people like you turned down interviews," I gave you one of those, even though I got my Princeton interview a while ago and am therefore not at all bitter.

I downvoted you mostly because your comment was unhelpful: "done" means that no more invites are being sent out, but we clearly just received confirmation from one of our own commenters that Princeton interviews are still being sent out, so you were wrong, and I don't want people to be misled by your comment. Also, it seemed kind of rude. So yeah. 

Have you received an itinerary and the list of faculty who you will be interviewing with? I haven't yet and I'm starting to get worried.

I am as well! But also no itinerary. Hopefully by Friday?

I just got an email from Northwestern saying that you can check you status in your application if you do not hear from them before March.  I'm not sure what to make of this.

Well the status site does say that interviews are finalized by February 15th, so there's that.

For those wondering about University of Washington Micro, I spoke to one of their advisers yesterday. She wasn't absolutely certain, but she said all of the interview invites have probably gone out.

Well the status site does say that interviews are finalized by February 15th, so there's that.

I did not send an email to them, but they at least told me they finished reviewing my application.  I am just curious if other people have the same type of email.

For those wondering about University of Washington Micro, I spoke to one of their advisers yesterday. She wasn't absolutely certain, but she said all of the interview invites have probably gone out.

Haha, way to be super clear about that, UW. I just want my rejection in a timely manner if that's the case, because I want to be able to move on.

I did not send an email to them, but they at least told me they finished reviewing my application.  I am just curious if other people have the same type of email.

I haven't received an email like that.  You applying to DGP?

Hey everyone, quick question about interviews...

Are you guys sending thank you notes to your interviewers, or do you think an email saying thanks will do? Since the interviews aren't that long and are pretty informal, I would imagine that an email would be fine.

I haven't received an email like that.  You applying to DGP?

I recieved an email from the DGP saying I could track my status about a week after I submitted it (submitted on 12/14). I recieved my interview within a few days after that, so maybe it's automated once your application has been reviewed.

I recieved an email from the DGP saying I could track my status about a week after I submitted it (submitted on 12/14). I recieved my interview within a few days after that, so maybe it's automated once your application has been reviewed.

I got that email a week after applying on December 1st, but haven't heard anything else.  I think it's automatically sent when you're "in the system."  So we'll see.

Hey everyone, quick question about interviews...

Are you guys sending thank you notes to your interviewers, or do you think an email saying thanks will do? Since the interviews aren't that long and are pretty informal, I would imagine that an email would be fine.

I was gonna just email them that night or 1 day after saying thank you.. Just to make that final good impression before they forget me haha :)

Does anyone have insight into policies on interview invites to two programs from the same school? I have an invite for Wisconsin Cancer Bio and am waiting to hear from CMB and just wondering if it would be unusual to be invited to interviews for both departments. 

I was gonna just email them that night or 1 day after saying thank you.. Just to make that final good impression before they forget me haha :)

When I was interviewing last year, that's what I did. Just a quick thanks, and that enjoyed talking with them. Usually I tried to mention a little something from the conversation, so it seemed a little more personalized.